It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best way to prepare Pork chops - my own creation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Nice presentation!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Spruce

Line a large glass baking dish with tinfoil. Salt and pepper pork chops. Generously coat both sides of chops with sour cream. Dip both sides of chops in crushed Rice Krispies. Place in baking dish and cook at 350° for 50 minutes.

Ooooo... dang that sounds yummy too !

I knew there was a reason why I hang out on this website other than the gratuitous chocolate chip cookie we receive upon membership sign up...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Ha i knew it would be a good idea to give out my method. Lots of new ideas to try and perhaps evolve my own technique further!

Yum!!

Letting the meat sit in oils, herbs and seasoning is the future. The methodology varies but all mentioned here sounds really good, its such a shame to just unpack/unwrap a nice piece of meat and just throw it right on the heat, however you prefer.

Also, hot tip for spud lovers, microwave your spud(s) for 3-4 minutes on high before taking them out with a fork, running them each under the tap and then roll them in salt (i like partially crushed rock salt) and pepper so it sticks, can also use oil instead of water as it doesnt evaporate but makes the skin very crispy a bit too soon - the salt helps dry out the skin and you get a thick tough skin layer on it which makes it perfect for spooning out, mixing with butter and cheese of your choice and spooning back into the crunchy shells - back in the oven for 5 minutes.

Oh yes people, this with some side veg and meat cooked with a delightful array of seasoned and rested meat is simply out of this world.

In england you can feed two people this for just a 3-4 pounds total - rather impressive really.

edit on b4141604 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I am going to try your prep next time I cook chops.

Regarding the spuds, I use a similar method, but excluding the microwave...never thought about doing that.

I clean up a couple of good taters, poke with a fork in a line from end to end (this will be the top) and then coat each with olive oil. Then I give them a good coat of kosher salt and pop them in the oven at 450 for about an hour.

They come out with nice crispy skins and moist flaky tasty innards. May have to go more or less than an hour depending on size.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Thanks for the tips - I will fix this next week-end.

Never thought about ATS for receipts before. Now I will check before shopping.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I hope you enjoy them.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Hey! You got a cookie? I didn't get one

I demand my cookie!!

lol

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

Ain't that the truth!

I am a bit embarrased to admit that I never noticed the foodie forum before recently......and I been here for 2.5 years

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Since we are talking abut pre-preparing meat for next day consumption, if anyone has any good ideas for a good stew preparation/recipe - please make a new thread int his forum for us with your techniques and ideas.

Stew is something ive never been able to get right, esp ones with dumplings, they either end up doughy and raw or black and nasty and the meat chewy and harsh and the gravy either not rich enough or weak.

So if you got a good one up your sleeve let us know on a new thread and feel free to link it here. I just know there are some family recipes out there that the cookbooks dont tell you. Ive had some good ones in my past but my grandmas are all gone before i knew my way round a kitchen to ask and learn.

Im sure the prep info here could be very useful in a combination with a good technique, be it pork, chook or beef (you can leave the lamb out for me, but others might like, i wont be selfish lol)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
All good methods. You asked for another way and I have one that works well. Season/marinate like you have the way you want. But freeze it shortly after. When ready to cook have you grill ready with your favorite wood/coals. I use mesquite and apple wood mostly but mesquite and oak is just as good. Have it hot just like normal. Place the frozen meat right onto the grill and cool normally. Starting off frozen only seems to add a few more minutes or an extra turn or two. What it does is that it seems to cook more like pan frying where the cooked surface seals in moisture leaving a very juicy meat. I use this method mostly on chicken but it works equally as well for beef steak. Not much on chops but I don't see why not.
Of course cut into the meat and check for thorough cooking or use a thermometer but after a few times you will get the hang of it. This method works really well with frozen hamburger patties as well

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: staple

Thats an interesting concept.

Ive always found beef steak to cook far better after being sat out of the fridge for an hour before cooking, it makes for a FAR better and more even pink stripe through a medium cooked steak (imo the best kind of steak cookage)

Slightly frozen first sounds very strange, might have to read up on this if you think its good.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

why not start a thread calling for stew recipes?
cold weather will be arriving in the north....and that means soups and sews

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
For a bit of a sauce, take some apple cider add just enough of either Worcestershire or Soy for some saltiness and do a reduction sauce.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Sounds very good.....and a good idea for boneless chicken breasts, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm awful with cooking pork chops.
When pan frying...I never know when they are done.
When baking....they usually come out tough and dry.

Any suggestions???

Take a casserole dish.
Add a layer of onions at the bottom and toss in your spices.
Layer the raw pork chops onto the onions.
Slice up some potatoes scalloped style and make that your next layer.
Add a can of cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery or cream of asparagus soup and toss it in the oven for about an hour depending on what heat you are using.

Covering it with cheese and breadcrumbs is optional.
edit on 21-9-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
That recipe sounds soo good! Im going to give it a go! I usually only cook pork chops one way because its the only way i can get them perfect! I put them in a baking dish cover them with liquid chicken stock and add a teaspoon of butter on each one and cover and bake for about an hour and a half they do come out great and it works for different cuts of pork chops and they get a really nice flavour.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

That sounds goood! Reminds me of what I have done in the past with spaghetti sauce.

Put your chops in an oven proof dish, pour enough spaghetti sauce over them to cover the chops and bake at 375 for about 20-30 mins. Remove the chops from the sauch, top with a parmesan and mozzarella mix and then serve over pasta. Yum! You can pour some of the sauce over the pasta too.

Once again, tender, juicy chops.. works well with chickens breasts also!
edit on 22-9-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

That sounds wonderful. Thanks for the idea.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Sorry people, i made my loin cuts this evening with half a baked crispy spud and veg and i completely forgot to take a pic for you of the finished product.

For what its worth, it was very very tasty, my GF had to go out so i invited my father round for dinner instead, he is a cold man of little words and he said "it was good" - which from normal people means delicious and thank you. Must be doing something right!!!

edit on b57571208 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join