It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do i quote multiple people at 1 time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
i cant seem to figure this out. i see everyone else doing it and i want to have fun too.
serious though. i tend to make like 5 posts in a row cause i want to quote 5 different people. i would like to do this all in one post.

how can i do this?

thank you

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

I open up two tabs... and do it that way so the one that I am working on is always open.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This might be of use to you
Some of the info is dated since the change, such as opening up tabs with middle mouse click

To open up a new tab now, doubleclick the address in the address bar, hit ctrl c, ctrl t, ctrl v, enter. At least that works in firefox. Also you could just hold ctrl, grab the tab, and drag a duplicate tab.
edit on Sun, 21 Sep 2014 09:53:57 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
well that sounds like a pain. i think i will stick to my way
thanks though

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I quote and then type a reply to it then simply highlight and copy it then paste into the other quoted message for the other person.

Works for me.

edit on 21-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

ok well then... you could remember the users name and rely on the formatting ... for example:

reply to: numbnuts

bla bla bla

then...

reply to: nooonars

bla bla bla etc

(to see the formatting click on 'quote' and then learn how to do it that way)

I only just learnt how to do this trick

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

I quote and then type a reply to it then simply highlight and copy it then paste into the other quoted message for the other person.

Works for me.

and testing 1 last time

originally posted by: Thurisaz

I open up two tabs... and do it that way so the one that I am working on is always open.

testing again

originally posted by: TKDRL
This might be of use to you
Some of the info is dated since the change, such as opening up tabs with middle mouse click

To open up a new tab now, doubleclick the address in the address bar, hit ctrl c, ctrl t, ctrl v, enter. At least that works in firefox. Also you could just hold ctrl, grab the tab, and drag a duplicate tab.

testing

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Works for me.

far out. that was easy enough.
gratsi

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It would be nice to see the Overlord code this into the site to make it easier to reply to more than one person at a time. And also receive notification in their "thread replies". How the hell he would do it, I don't know, but if it can be done, he can probably figure it out.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
It would be nice to see the Overlord code this into the site to make it easier to reply to more than one person at a time.

i agree. i thought it was a simple button click i was missing.
it wasnt exactly hard the way i just did it(the way slayer showed me) but i cant help but think there is an easier way.
oh well. at least now i can do it

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Put in one..add another...add another..add another...cut n paste either off site until done or open separate window for back and forth to build quire

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

i cant seem to figure this out. i see everyone else doing it and i want to have fun too.

a reply to: TKDRL

To open up a new tab now, doubleclick the address

Test multiple quotes

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slayer69

originally posted by: mysterioustranger]

Put in one..add another...add another..add another...cut n paste either off site until done or open separate window for back and forth to build quire

Another test 3 years later.
edit on 13-2-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join