It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother's Dying Wish Granted After Her Nurse Takes in Her Son

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Get your tissues ready ATS, this story is a real tear jerker.

When Tricia Somers was given the devastating diagnosis that she had terminal liver cancer last spring, her main concern was figuring out who would care for her 8-year-old son, Wesley.

Somers, a single mother, didn't have any family she believed could take on caring for a child and her parents had died years earlier. But Somers was determined and has found a unique solution for her situation after asking her favorite nurse, Tricia Seaman, to care for her son.

Somers made her big request the day she was supposed to be discharged from the hospital. Somers and Seaman had become friendly while Somers underwent numerous diagnostic tests.

When Seaman visited Somers on her final day in the Pinnacle Health's Community General campus in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, she had no idea of Somers' intentions.

The long-time nurse told ABC News that after Somers said that her diagnosis was terminal, she asked one question.

"She said, 'If I die will you raise my son?'" recalled Seaman.

Seaman said she initially had no answer for the big request.

"I didn't know what to say in that moment," said Seaman. "I told her I was flattered enough [that she] asked me. I said to her, 'Why don't you take a little time with this.' ... I was trying to be very diplomatic, everything in me said was saying 'Yes I'll do it.'"

Mother's Dying Wish

The story doesn't end there...As Ms. Somers' battle with cancer waged on, the chemo therapy treatments left her so weak and ill she was unable to walk, take her son to school, and ultimately ended up hospitalized. Because she had no other family or close friends to care for her, the Seaman family not only took her son in, but took her in as well.

Lately, every other "news" item has revolved around over-paid athletes beating their wives and children. THIS story, on the other hand, is about a totally selfless, giving, and compassionate family who took in a boy, AND his dying mother. Like I said, get your tissues out!

I also found a video someone posted about this story on Youtube:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Thankyou for posting this! I love reading stories like this they lift my mood alot to know that selfless, caring, wonderfull people do stil exist everywhere, restores a bit of faith i seem to lose everyday in humanity aswell. Also having 4 kids already would be hard enough but they still had applied for foster caring too so awesome! what an amazing family to do that for the woman and her son, without them id hate to think what would have happened to them!
edit on 19-9-2014 by Shana91aus because: Typo

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Somehow there are two of the exact same thread. I posted in one. Maybe a mod can combine them and move my reply
to this one?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: virraszto

I saw that. I have no idea how it double posted...that has never happened before!

Hopefully the mods can fix it/merge them or whatever it is they do!

top topics

join