It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another clearcut case of police brutality...... Sigh

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Looks to me like the cop thought his trip might be off camera, as he did it right at the edge of the camera view with everything AFTER the trip being off camera (perhaps on purpose).

I had to crank the volume up to better hear the passenger before he got out of the car and I couldn't make out everything he said, he's a serious mumbler.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace
Most of the time these days, it feels like I am running a marathon against pro athletes, while wearing concrete shoes. Impossible to compete, but I am hard headed and stubborn as hell and keep trying.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant
I agree, I think he misjudged the angle of the camera. Nice touch how he says "Stop!" after he slams him on his face lol. Too bad the video shows he didn't even start to begin with. It reminds me of how cops love to gang up on you and beat you wile you are on the ground while shouting "Stop resisting!"

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
That my friend is a beautiful sentence. Hopefully citizens can do this without the shooting, between writing, emails, calls to representatives, talking, blogs etc. I am worn out it has fallen on deaf ears and eyes. We just need more of the same thing from more people. Whenever possible vote these bums out!

You can't vote them out. The ones that replace them are no better. Politics is a game of corruption. If a person is playing the game and actually getting elected they are corrupted in some manner.

TPTB are going to get what they want. They have rigged our voting system. You are therefore playing by their rules. Do you walk into Las Vegas and expect them to play by YOUR rules? Nope - their system, their rules. You either play or you don't.

If you vote you are doing what they want - you are cooperating with the system.
edit on 18-9-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
a reply to: ChuckNasty

Ah, I don't know why I got confused on that matter. Well, New Mexico is one of the states that has a law that you must identify or can be arrested for failing to identify yourself.

There have been cases on that, one was Lee Roy Romero v. Eric Schum.

That case holds the exact opposite of your conclusion.

As per the Romero court:

"That brings us to what should have been the focus of this critical aspect of the case: did officer Schum have reasonable suspicion that Mr. Romero was or had been engaged in criminal activity when he was arrested for concealing his identity."

The Romero court only remanded the case because Mr. Romero might have been guilty of the crime of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

It remains pretty cut and dry that you need reasonable suspicion to ask for an identity (outside of statutorily defined circumstances, such as driving). This is inline with Brown v. Texas (SCOTUS) and specifically applied in the 10th Circuit in Keylon v. City of Albuquerque.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
Stop refusing to identify yourself or provide ID. Problem solved.

People who don't are just stupid.

seriously?

I agree he should have identified himself, but the guy was not aggressive, he wasn't even yanking away from the cop, he was walking and asking for answers. The officer should have placed him in the back seat of his car and arrested him for whatever law he may have broke.

What the hell happened to professional standards? Cops don't have a free pass to do whatever the hell they want.

Being stubborn isn't justification for police aggression.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: SouthernForkway26
no one needs to know who I am, where I am coming from and where I am going. It's no one's business, not even the police.

If you carry a cell phone, trust me, they now where you are and where you have been...

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: drneville
One of the best why reasons I don't have one anymore lol.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Another sad part is that in N.M., Concealing I.D. is a "petty misdemeanor"
What kind of prick wants to arrest someone for a "petty misdemeanor"
If this cop had any sense, he would have started to write a ticket. I'm sure he would have produced an ID then...

This is New Mexico though... Probably wanted to make sure he was legal.

Is the cop a scumbag?? YES
Could this have been avoided by complying with the scumbags request?? PROBABLY

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What scares me most is Police State is here, it's been here so long we are expected to have ACCEPTED it already. And you know what, without a real choice right now, we are about in position where for the sake of out health (lives), we will soon have to accept it.

They are not serving us anymore or the interests of the people, they are an extension of the terrorists leading the country, at a public level. Terrorised minds and now those charged with protecting us are actually fed the mindset of the people being the enemy, terrorise their person.

Remember, at the end of the day, police are just people, it takes a micro second to make a mistake, and they know what's going on, they feel it like the rest of us. They are just given free reign to take out their frustrations on the street public, usually without open scrutiny.

I'm terrified of where we will be in ten years, if we have even that long.

It's all so f ucked up.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
m.facebook.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">m.facebook.com...Still nothing from police as to what they will be doing with this officer. Also there has been yet another complaint on the same officer. A facebook page has been started to demand attention. If you are interested in following here is the link... m.facebook.com...

edit on 29-9-2014 by poohsmom68 because: bad link

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
And now, less than a month later there are 3 accusations of excessie force by the same officer. One is headed to federal court. the one referred to in this post then another that surfaced aftre this incident. The Facebook page: Sedn officer aguilar to jail for use of excessive force outlines all the allegations. a reply to: TKDRL

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: poohsmom68
What is the gist of the other accusations? for those of us who don't facebook.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Both of the other two are excessive force cases as well. The first is now waiting to go to federal court and the details have not been released. During the wait he has stayed active. In Febuary there was another allegation by a female resident. Then this one 8/15. He was not pulled from duty until mid September after the video was released. Now the police department says an investigation was already started but the officer made a fleony arrest on 9/7/14 so this is not really likely. The video was release and a day later , press release of the investigation. a reply to: vonclod

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join