It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another clearcut case of police brutality...... Sigh

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Play by play for those that can't watch the video.
Cops pulls pickup truck over. Passenger asks why they were stopped.Cop demands his ID. He asks for a reason. Cop orders him out of the truck. Cop cuffs the guy. Cop is walking him to the cruiser, for no reason decides to trip the guy and slam him on his face. Cop charges him with resisting arrest.

Getting sick of seeing this, police really need to start cleaning ranks and quick.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Wow!! Any idea where this happened at??

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rustydog
Wow!! Any idea where this happened at??

In August 2014, Officer Brent Aguilar of the Clovis Police Department (Clovis, NM) stopped a vehicle for a traffic stop.

More details in the youtube comments.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I assume this guy is suing the police department...that's why we have the dashcam video. Can anyone do some search engine magic and find out some details about this?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Youtube Info Tab---The State is still proceeding with charges against this person for Concealing and Resisting. Officer Aguilar has a different pending excessive force case against him and an Officer Rebecca Cruz for injuring Eugene Foster. Clovis Police Department has deleted all comments from their Facebook page and states that people with comments or concerns can send them to [email protected]. I would encourage anyone with a comment or concern about this police action or Officer to contact that email. Nothing has been done to resolve this case or this Officer's actions as of date.

edit on 17-9-2014 by cavedweller88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Apologies, took me a while to track down more info

Release Date: 09/17/2014
Incident Type: Clovis Police Administration Investigating Arrest And Use of Force During August 2014 Traffic Stop

Contact Person: Steve Sanders, Chief of Police, (575) 763-9416

Clovis, NM – September 17, 2014 – Clovis Police Administration and Supervisors have been reviewing a Use of Force Report,

Arrest Reports and accompanying incident video in an on-going preliminary inquiry of use of force since early August stemming from an August 3, 2014 traffic stop and arrest by a Clovis Police Officer.

Based upon the preliminary inquiry and recommendations of police supervisors through the chain of command, which has been on-going since the incident occurred on August 3, 2014, a formal Internal Affairs Investigation has been initiated by the Office of Professional Standards to investigate if any Clovis Police Department Policy, Regulation or Procedure has been violated in the case by the Officer involved. The Clovis Police Officer involved in the arrest and use of force case was placed on limited duty and removed from working in the public until the conclusion and outcome of the formal investigation.

The investigation into this matter was initiated internally in August by the Officer’s chain of command of supervisors after routine review of the Officer’s daily incident reports and use of force reporting. There has been no complaint received from the arrested party in this case.

All allegations of misconduct are taken very seriously and thoroughly investigated by the Clovis Police Department, whether a potential issue is discovered internally or received from a citizen complaint. The appropriate action is taken regardless of the people involved. As with any investigation, it takes time to conduct a fair and impartial investigation while abiding by constituted law and department policies. New Mexico State Statute, Article 14 – Peace Officer’s Employer-Employee Relations Act, 29-14-1 through 29-14-11, dictates the rules about how a peace officer is to be treated by an employer when under an investigation for an administrative matter and that Officer’s rights, roles and responsibilities under the Act.

Due to the personnel issues involved, there will be no comment made about the on-going internal investigation until a thorough investigation has been conducted and an adjudication of the investigation has been completed.

My bet is he gets a paid vacation, then cleared of wrong doing. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

MY googlefu was almost useless here, which means not much if any coverage was given to it by the MSM.
edit on Wed, 17 Sep 2014 19:04:57 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

I think everyone who sees this thread should take two minutes and send an email to that address. It probably won't do any good but I don't think anyone deserves to bitch if they don't at least try to do something about this.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Even though this video makes light of cops beating citizens it is a shame there is a certain amount of truth to this.

When he was asked for ID why didn't he just give it to him. They are taught do not engage a challenge. I am not making excuses just the police just saying why challenge?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
These criminals still get pay while being investigated. That's what pisses me off the most.

Clear guilt from videos but yet still long investigations with paid vacations...by their peers no less.

POS...all of them.

Peace

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
After viewing the video that was presented the following can be stated:

Contrary to popular belief, if an officer asks you who you are, in most states, it is considered a crime not to identify yourself to an officer. There are some states, where if you do not present your id when asked, you can be arrested.

The question in this case should be what did the officer suspect when encountering these 2 persons? After all there has to be probable cause. Did he suspect they had been drinking? That was never answered. However in this case, I would agree that the officer was excessive in his use of force and should be punished. The video is very clear on that, and there is no excuse on such. If he thought the person was drunk and underage, then he should have not walked the person where he could have tripped. The fault lies with the officer clearly.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig
Probably shouldn't have done a leg sweep trip move on someone with their arms cuffed behind either lol.....
And I do not carry ID unless I absolutely have to, such as driving, for that very reason.

edit on Wed, 17 Sep 2014 19:32:01 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NWOMGWTF
Yeah I always do send emails, for all the good it does. Gotta try something though, doing nothing will help nothing for sure.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig
You are not legally required to carry an ID with you in the United States. The only time you have to identify yourself (your name and address) is if the police have probable cause to suspect you have committed a crime. You cannot be prosecuted for not carrying identification. There are certain things that require you to have one on you at all times though such as driving where you CAN be prosecuted without a valid ID.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SouthernForkway26
Yeah it's not nazi germany yet, but I tell you what, I see it getting closer and closer each day. I don't carry ID unless necessary, no one needs to know who I am, where I am coming from and where I am going. It's no one's business, not even the police.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

That video was hilarious! I have to agree with you, although funny, it does make some valid points. Although, the Op's video does show the police officer throwing the guy to the ground when the guy wasn't resisting the arrest.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Stop refusing to identify yourself or provide ID. Problem solved.

People who don't are just stupid.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
How dare that criminal hurt that cops Ego!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: MarlinGrace

That video was hilarious! I have to agree with you, although funny, it does make some valid points. Although, the Op's video does show the police officer throwing the guy to the ground when the guy wasn't resisting the arrest.

Yeah why challenge the police? They ask for ID give it to them.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SouthernForkway26
It is not the id, but the correctly identifying yourself when asked who you are. Most statues are very clear, you have to give your name, date of birth and address. Failure to provide correct information is a crime. And the police can ask you at any time to identify yourself. That much is clear and many states, have such on the books, where it is no longer just under probable cause.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join