It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannabis The Carbon Footprint Towards Climate Change

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

" Myth: Smoking industrial hemp gets a person high. Reality: The THC levels in industrial hemp are so low that no one could get high from smoking it. Moreover, hemp contains a relatively high percentage of another cannabinoid, CBD, that actually blocks the marijuana high. Hemp, it turns out, is not only not marijuana; it could be called “antimarijuana.”

this is where the confusion lies....of course hemp as such does not get you high it has been bread that way...it is still cannabis ....from the same species...ok so from the latin "cannabis" describes the the species of plant...and "sativa" describes the genus....cannabis is cannabis regardless of which strain has been bread ..whether that be medicinal or for fibre

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Seems like solar would be the way to save some bucks and still grow inside. There reason unknown that the plant will remain illegal in some states. I am pro buzz but am also privy to a few unknown factors that will not be mentioned. Yes it seems unfair and unjust but it is just the way it has to be. From the average persons pov we are being picked on by not haveing the freedom to grow whereever we want but like i said there are factors that need to be controlled and someone has to be the bad guy to say where and how things will happen. This is a spiritual message to fellow heads. Hang in there.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Please stay on topic!!!

The personal sidebars and ill-mannered remarks stop NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community Announcement re: Decorum
You are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

We should be more concerned about the Carbon Footprint of Recycling than cannabis grow ops.

Recycling has a way larger Carbon Footprint yet we still recycle & promote it like it's the bees knees.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Evil_Santa
This hardly surprises me. The electrical costs for growing are pretty high. To produce 1oz of plant material, the cost is approximately $38, and most of that is energy costs. The weed takes a lot of sunlight to produce.

i dont see the problem.
an oscar can run a person a couple hundred bucks easy.
so, its profitable..

lets get on with mass production and distribution

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join