It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York pastor’s wild ‘rectum’ rant: NASA Voyager probe proved ‘homos’ are perverts

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
More from "you just can't make this **** up dept"

www.rawstory.com...

A New York pastor who believes that Jesus would have stoned LGBT people said this week that the NASA Voyager spacecraft’s journey through the Solar System verified that homosexuality is perverted.

In a YouTube message to his followers posted over the weekend, Atlah World Missionary Church Rev. James David Manning said that gay Christians were misusing Bible verses to claim that God loved them.

“It makes you wonder about their legitimate place in the universe to think that somehow or another that we’re no longer under those laws,” he opined, adding that the Earth and the Sun would be destroyed before “sodomy and the abominable practice of man lying with man” was not a sin.

“Any effeminate person will not enter into the Kingdom of God just for acting like a homo,” the pastor insisted. “I mean, you just act sweet, you ain’t going to Heaven, homie. Read it right there. Read it and weep.”

I wonder if NASA confirms this pastors assertions?

“As far as our scientists have been able to discover, everything has an opposite,” he shrugged. “There’s nothing in the universe that agrees with same-sex [marriage], there’s nothing in the universe that agrees with the Sodomites… The Sodomites can’t get a witness from anywhere in the universe except their own perverted testimony, nothing in the universe will agree with them. Everything in the universe says it must be male and female.”

Well that's perfect scientific proof. And the rest of the article about "rectums" raises some interesting questions as well.

Perhaps it's just me but Rev. Mannings obsession with the rectum and sodomy, seems a little suspect. just sayin....

edit on 16-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Is there a link?

I'd like to see this.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
More from "you just can't make this **** up dept"

A New York pastor who believes that Jesus would have stoned LGBT people said this week that the NASA Voyager spacecraft’s journey through the Solar System verified that homosexuality is perverted.

In a YouTube message to his followers posted over the weekend, Atlah World Missionary Church Rev. James David Manning said that gay Christians were misusing Bible verses to claim that God loved them.

“It makes you wonder about their legitimate place in the universe to think that somehow or another that we’re no longer under those laws,” he opined, adding that the Earth and the Sun would be destroyed before “sodomy and the abominable practice of man lying with man” was not a sin.

“Any effeminate person will not enter into the Kingdom of God just for acting like a homo,” the pastor insisted. “I mean, you just act sweet, you ain’t going to Heaven, homie. Read it right there. Read it and weep.”

I wonder if NASA confirms this pastors assertions?

“As far as our scientists have been able to discover, everything has an opposite,” he shrugged. “There’s nothing in the universe that agrees with same-sex [marriage], there’s nothing in the universe that agrees with the Sodomites… The Sodomites can’t get a witness from anywhere in the universe except their own perverted testimony, nothing in the universe will agree with them. Everything in the universe says it must be male and female.”

Well that's perfect scientific proof. And the rest of the article about "rectums" raises some interesting questions as well.

Perhaps it's just me but Rev. Mannings obsession with the rectum and sodomy, seems a little suspect. just sayin....

Considering that Christ saved an adulteress from stoning, I'd say that his own book contradicts his statement.

I agree, there seems to be a rectal fixation with this man--overcompensation?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Is there a link?

I'd like to see this.

Just Google Pastor Manning, don't even need his first name. Lots of stuff on this whacko.

Here's a good one: blogs.villagevoice.com...

edit on 16-9-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Because a gay person's sin is much greater then this pastors... Right?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Is there a link?

I'd like to see this.

www.rawstory.com...

Sorry....here it is....

www.youtube.com...

edit on 16-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Is there a link?

I'd like to see this.

Just Google Pastor Manning, don't even need his first name. Lots of stuff on this whacko.

Here's a good one: blogs.villagevoice.com...

Holy moly. "Obama controlled homo demons." Wow. You can't make stuff like that up. He's got all of the angles covered.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: olaru12

Because a gay person's sin is much greater then this pastors... Right?

The guys sounds like a real peach:

Manning was born on February 20, 1947, in Red Springs, North Carolina.[1] He grew up in the town, which was then segregated.[2] He picked cotton and tobacco as a boy, and took a bus to New York the day he graduated from high school.[2] He became radicalized in the 1960s and said he was driven by his hatred of white people.[2] As a younger man, Manning burgled homes, mostly on Long Island.[2] Between 1969 and 1974, he said, he broke into as many as 100 houses, and once threatened an associate with a loaded shotgun.[2] He spent about three and a half years in prison in New York and Florida for burglary, robbery, larceny, criminal possession of a weapon, and other charges before his release in 1978. While in prison, he became a devout Christian.[2] Manning has said that his past life of crime and then incarceration have helped to shape his wider perspective upon life, and that he doesn't shy away from discussing it

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

“There is no life that will come out of a rectum!”

Pinworms do. Sorry Pastor, butt it's true.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Read it right there. Read it and weep.

That this moron has followers makes me weep. Race, creed, colour,sexual orientation, chosen animal avatar, what the hell difference does it make ?

If man wants to lie with man, then so be it, same for women.

When I meet a person, I meet just that, a person. I get on with them or, rarely, I don't.

End of

Cody

ETA:

Though its practice is frequently assumed to be confined to the gay male population, anal intercourse appears to be more popular than possibly expected among heterosexual couples under 45, according to a Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report.

The report, titled "Sexual Behavior, Sexual Attraction and Sexual Identity in the United States," which reportedly polled thousands of people between the ages of 15 and 44 from 2006 through 2008, found that 44 percent of straight men and 36 percent of straight women admitted to having had anal sex at least once in their lives.

Linky

So is anal sex acceptable between man and woman ? But not between man and man ? And why do we assume all gay man have anal sex ?
I have gay friends that are repulsed by the idea.

C'mon people, this is ATS ................... THINK

Cody
edit on 16/9/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kalunom

Tapeworms too....

Maybe Gerbils as well.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

He spent about three and a half years in prison

Well, that explains the rectal fixation.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Oh Christ. It's Manning. Please ignore him folks, the man's nuttier than a tree full of squirrels. His rants against Obama ("the long-legged mack daddy!!!" whatever the blinking flip that means) are just as insane. And the guy has a screw loose about gay people. Well, actually he has a host of loose screws.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
a reply to: NavyDoc

He spent about three and a half years in prison

Well, that explains the rectal fixation.

LOL. I didn't make that connection. Well caught!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

That this moron has followers makes me weep. Race, creed, colour,sexual orientation, chosen animal avatar, what the hell difference does it make ?

When I meet a person, I meet just that, a person. I get on with them or, rarely, I don't.

End of

Cody

ETA:

Though its practice is frequently assumed to be confined to the gay male population, anal intercourse appears to be more popular than possibly expected among heterosexual couples under 45, according to a Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report.

The report, titled "Sexual Behavior, Sexual Attraction and Sexual Identity in the United States," which reportedly polled thousands of people between the ages of 15 and 44 from 2006 through 2008, found that 44 percent of straight men and 36 percent of straight women admitted to having had anal sex at least once in their lives.

Linky

So is anal sex acceptable between man and woman ? But not between man and man ? And why do we assume all gay man have anal sex ?

Cody

That's what gets me. Someone, somewhere, is funding this nutjob.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

End of

Cody

ETA:

Linky

Cody

I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with real estate:

Mr. Manning, 61, has become an annoyance not only to shopkeepers, but to Harlem’s political, cultural and religious leaders as well. His goal is to force businesses to close — including those owned by blacks — causing the neighborhood’s economic rebirth to stall and, therefore, property values to decline. He has also called for a general rent strike.

NyTimes Article

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If everything in the universe requires an opposite - or as I understand it, an opposite gender - by Rev. Mannings' logic then where is Mrs. God or a Goddess opposite to God in his interpretation of Christianity?

All the main mythological character in his rendition of "Christianity" are male, which would be God, Jesus (God Himself as His Son) and Satan (a fallen angel, and "demi-god" of "evil", but not really an opposite to God in power).
I know there are different interpretations, and my critique is specific of Rev. Mannings and his popular (but arguably waning) hegemonic sect.

God made Adam in his image and all the main characters are also male, and it's a male-orientated, patriarchal religion.
Most of the love is between the male deity and his "boys", so where is that equal female force here, except that women have a role for bearing children (in great "sorrow", according to Genesis, which first made painkillers for women during childbirth controversial for the Victorians).
However, the apostles and the clergy were seemingly not expected to have heterosexual sex to have children, and for much of Christianity, they led gender segregated lives.
The whole belief of such people is homosocial, rather than about two equal forces in the universe, which is more akin to some current forms of neo-Paganism.
Whosoever wrote the Epistles of Paul even said that married men should be as though they had no wives (like the unmarried), because the time was short (1 Corinthians 7:29).

Let everyone have their beliefs, which can include throwing about KVJ terms like "effeminate" (does that apply only to men, since St. Paul supposedly also said women should be "shame-faced", and dispense with costly array), or the OT verse that a man shouldn't lie with a man like with a women (whatever that literally means - I find it physically impossible, unless they were having anal sex with their wives and concubines, which I doubt, because that would have been a waste of semen, for which Onan was struck dead).

Let those who want to follow their religious sects do so, but I don't need their endorsement to claim my civil rights.
What constitutes being masculine or feminine changes in many respects, and who knows how this should be interpreted today, considering that men in those days wore "skirts" according to the KVJ (Deuteronomy 22:30).

At least according to all received accounts to say that Jesus would have stoned anyone goes against the Gospels.
In fact, there's no evidence for a such a sentence in Christianity (although there were various penances and punishments for sexual "sins" at various times, most of them for heterosexuals).

PS. Wow, I've just seen the whole sermon, but his OT verse on what appears to be eunuchs (which Mannings applies to trans-gendered males) seems rather incorrect in terms of the NT, since a eunuch was baptized in Acts, and Jesus refers to three kinds of eunuchs, none of whom are rejected.
I'd like to see his verses on illegitimate kids and slavery.
edit on 16-9-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Considering that Christ saved an adulteress from stoning, I'd say that his own book contradicts his statement.

Jesus: Let whoever is without sin cast the first stone!

[from back a crowd, a stone is hurled towards the adultress]

Jesus: [turning to look at who threw the stone] Mom?!?
edit on 9/16/14 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

End of

Cody

ETA:

Linky

Cody

I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with real estate:

Mr. Manning, 61, has become an annoyance not only to shopkeepers, but to Harlem’s political, cultural and religious leaders as well. His goal is to force businesses to close — including those owned by blacks — causing the neighborhood’s economic rebirth to stall and, therefore, property values to decline. He has also called for a general rent strike.

NyTimes Article

Good catch on the article. He has a congregation of 150 people? Well, I guess that it takes all sorts. If he's a fixture there, then loyalty explains a lot. Interesting how the article says that many of the people handing out his posters are old. I wonder how many are young?
I once took a wander through Manning's.... well, I have to call them rants.... on YouTube and oh boy, they left me feeling ill afterwards. The man is steeped in hatred, to the point where he can be almost demented at times.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Me too.

He's not just standing on a corner in Pershing Square.

At least the church with the minister who refused to marry a mixed race couple did something about him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join