It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking of WWIII, do we actually like the idea of it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Over two years no post, but I was busy with some engineering related stuff. This is a long post, summarising the indications that we all went actually nuts. If it should be in "Rant" I apologise.

I am sitting in my office, and actually I am supposed to work. But I can't stop thinking since yesterday, about "why" I am not one of those
"sheeples" - I mean ignorant people, who don't care about politics, the nwo, aliens or whatsoever interests us here on ATS. I always thought they are empty, and I felt pity for them. There is not one day where I don't read all the major news outlets, pro-west, pro-east, creating my individual mix in order to find the balance between journalistic whores and the truth, getting even emotional when I realise how much disinformation is out there. I get angry. I get sad. I know so much and it makes me feel like a zombi at an early sunset.

I am preparing for "the big event" since the early 1990's, an even far bigger than 9/11. My father worked for an unofficial Eastern organisation, trying to provide the East with Western technology. We moved every 3-4 years and I didn't make a lot of friends. I became interested in all this "stuff", and I spend a lot of time, money and resources on it. In my "real life" I stumbled across different fields before I became a good photographer and visual artist, that works in a major company as a Creative Director - I am engaged, have friends, and people would never even imagine that there is something else. I don't take drugs, medicine or any kind of pills. People are talking about events in mainstream language, from a mainstream point of view and I just keep smiling and saying "yes, that's right". I wasted enough time trying to "educate" people. I am tired of it.

Anyway, to the point: A long time ago, I made a registration on a dating website, that basically asks you questions in order to "match" you to people, that answered the questions the same way (yes, it's OKC). There was a question called "Wouldn't an nuclear war be exiting, in a strange way", or similar. I answered yes, and never really think about it anymore.

3 years later, with the world getting a much more dangerous place, I am starting to think why I actually answered like this. In some strange way, this is probably what I want. Or maybe what I need. With all those news, debates, East vs. West, movies, fear, sadness, anger - "Let's get it over with already" I am saying to myself. Let it just happen so all those debates, disinformations and fractions end once and for all. I didn't care much about the whole Ebola "thing" until news go out that it could be airborne. Any normal person I know would say "Oh my god, I hope they contain it" - Yes, I say it too and I force myself into thinking it, but there is this other point coming into my head which goes like "Just imagine if it really becomes a world pandemic and kills billions of people" - I can't hide the adrenaline rush. It makes me feel exited, in an absurd and totally disrespectful way. I am thinking about nukes going off in major cities, and how the world would change and life (including my own and that of my loved ones) would seize to exist, at least as we know it. I am thinking about how I would react, what I would do.

I don't know if this is some kind of sublime fear I am expressing that way, or if it's just some perverse type of disappointment that "the bad fear-mongering isn't real". Don't get me wrong - I am not a cold monster. I have tears running down my eyes when I talked to people who escaped Syria as part of one former job, or watching helpless old people in China getting being forced out from their homes. I don't kill spiders, I catch them in a glass and set them free. I am not aggressive, I am a good man, and yet this thinking is just crazy - or isn't it?

So at the end, what did all this knowledge did to me? I remember when I watched the twin-towers fell - I was in a complete shock, starring at the screen, but after some time I was thinking "something bigger is going to happen". And with the shock and tears running down my eyes I also felt that strange excitement of "disaster", wanting more, like a drug.

Maybe my case is isolated, maybe it's not. I am posting it here in oder to understand myself. Understand myself, why thinking of nuclear nuclear war is somehow romantic, as crazy as it sounds.

abs~

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
The World War was a two part war , a third would have to be a continuation of the second.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I do not think of nuclear war as romantic. to gain persepctive, may i suggest studying up on the human suffering inflicted during the last and only nuclear deployment so far..

however i do understand the human attraction and compulsion we have to ultimate human competition & warfare. it seems to be intricately woven into our very genes, perhaps part of the ever ongoing natural competition, selection and evolution. it is so often romanticized in our folklore, history, media both ancient and modern, spiritual aspirations and within religion.
edit on 16-9-2014 by creation7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
It is possibly a longing for ascension from the earthly 'direness' that sometimes seems like a treadmill to societal wreckage when the bigger picture is observed. Also possible longing for the cohesion of the human group that is inherent in DNA, the 'herd' mentality that has been corrupted.

Essentially a longing for wiping the corrupt slate clean and starting afresh on the right track.

As a child in the UK I really liked a TV program about WWII, set in a family situation in London possibly, all hand knitted sweaters, cosiness and traditional values, I guess it was romanticised.

My tonsils and adenoids were removed and I spent a few weeks off school, it was a 'recovery' balm for me perhaps and I recall saying I wanted to know how it was during a war. I didn't really, and don't and being only 4 didn't really understand the concept, though I was aware that there was a way of life then and a community cohesion that wasn't there even in rural Scotland in the 70's.

I have always been interested in history and have always asked questions about the past and I think it is vital to our developing spirits to grow and nurture. If there are things that are needed to be known by individuals for spiritual development, perhaps things from previous lives or energies then that might be something that is part of continual development.

Realisations about war is a development of the higher self and if all people had such 'epiphanies' at an early age, the world would be a better place.
edit on 16-9-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: absente

do we actually like the idea of it?

Some do but that's because the only idea most of us have about a WW3 is based on movies and games so when thinking about it we're the star of our own show who survives to roam the post apocalyptic wasteland , when in reality we'd probably be amongst the millions who would be vaporised or die a slow lingering death from radiation poisoning.

I believe the reality of WW3 would be nothing any of us would want.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I can't say that I can even begin to understand you finding anything romantic or exciting about wars. There is only destruction and death, agony and loss in wars.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I can't say that I can even begin to understand you finding anything romantic or exciting about wars. There is only destruction and death, agony and loss in wars.

I would echo this sentiment. Been there (repeatedly), done that, don't need to see it again. Don't want to see it (especially) where I live. Don't want to bring it to anyone's town. Anyone (except the sociopathic) who has to march past the destruction and look at the survivors will say the same.

War eliminates running water, it shuts off the lights, no more air-conditioning or heat, no fresh food for you at the market you went shopping at last week ... I could go on (probably should). War sucks.

You know what's worse than going to war yourself? Try watching your only son deploy three times.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: creation7

Perhaps because traditional war is a means of mixing the gene pool for humans. Not nuclear war, of course, but tribal war, where the men are killed and their women raped. From a biological and evolutionary standpoint it makes a lot of sense.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Yes

You are a soldier of light, though I am sure ISIS tells their people the same thing LOL

Seriously though, you are a good guy, and you are tired of evil and lies, you are also tired of watching people die by the hand of western bankers.

However

wishing for "the end" of some kind, or WW3, makes you selfish a bit. For your personal reasons you want everyone else to pretty much die.

If you are ready to leave this planet, this school, then wait to die naturally and don't come back.

Don't burn down the school just because you graduated, what about all the little people that come after you.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
If 6 billion of us have to die in order for our civilization to continue, or risk extinction, so be it.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DestroyDestroyDestroy
i really wasn't thinking along the lines of the biological reproduction aspect, but more so on the body of collective knowledge that grows from warfare, conflict fostered technology exchanges and social implications of warfare that has been evolving from the ancient to the modern age.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I think one has to be very careful not to think one's way into a war. WW1 came into being like a run-away train and we don't want to be compromised. The more we voice OohWW111 is coming the more we are likely to bring it on. We the vast public from whose ranks the fighters are from need to think differently and look for peacde, practicality and inner strength to ignore the politicians media voice and simply say no. Dealing with small evil groups like ISS who whoever they call themselves could be cleared up by removal of their passports and a check as to whose missing from the country and the removal of their families. Were we to bring in steps against their families, many would not dream of putting their families to deportation to join their sons and daughters. Its a simple solution and we need to use it for any small group of IS actions.

I think we are all sick of wars, not only from the sadness, wanton destruction and displacement of people, but from the economics which mean that the only winners are the blasted bankers again - all of whom sit in comfort whilst others die and get maimed.

Our politicians all today seem dull and puppet-like. Where have all the great Statesmen gone who had the power and ability of diplomacy? Come back we desperately need common sense to rule, not puppets!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I think that at a subliminal level, yes, humankind does like conflict.

I'm currently going through a book called, "WAR! What is it good for? (Conflict and Progress of civilization from Primates to Robots.)", by Ian Morris. He's a historian with minors in archaeology and anthropology and writes in a easy to understand prose.

The book looks at just what the titles says. It focuses on the macro level of war, not the personal level. And it so far comes to the conclusion that war has actually been good to humankind when looked at through the span of centuries. Rates of death have declined and the world population has continued to grow over the centuries.

Skimming through the second half though it seems the author is unconvinced of the continued benefits of war in the coming centuries due to the use of automated weapons. Of course, the future is blind, while hindsight is 20/20.
edit on 16-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dude1
The World War was a two part war , a third would have to be a continuation of the second.

Correct. I reckon we are starting on WW 2.1.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
When humanity is finally faced with an external enemy, only then will we become united as a species.

Let's hope that when the alien craft appear in the skies, humanity isn't a corpse on a blasted landscape.

(my 5 cents)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The only ones who want that are the mindless .. bootlicking slaves of the state and the religious idiots .. all should be sent off to some remote location and given weapons so they can happily butcher each other ... then the rest of us would finally have a chance to live in peace ..

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I understand completely. You and I are quite the same in thinking. We are bored. Bored with the treadmill to gain money only to do the same thing tomorrow and onward to infinity. Wars or disasters - they shake things up - give us new direction but as the photos of Hiroshima and Nagasaki below illustrate- the loss of life for those of us who were completely happy with the everyday is not a fair trade. You and I need to find a new and happy thing - paint pictures, plant flowers, learn a new language. try a new recipe...We want to wake up to a new and different day but that's not always the best thing for everyone else...

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dude1

Not really ... Germany has gotten themselves out of the post war rut quite well since the last. Japan as well. Both of those countries were the top contributors to the start of the second world war.
If there was a third, it would most likely be contained within' eastern Europe and the middle east. No super power country right now has any need to 'expand' their non exsistant empire like they used too, it's all political and economic gain that people want.

But to answer the OP, personally I would benefit from another war, where I work they manufactured tank parts and shells for both wars, and I am sure they will be on contract again to manufacture something else, they also made some 5000 rail cars FOR the Germans before WW2.
But, deep down I do not want another world war, if it were to happen on the scale of WW2, it would be terrible.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Skimming through the second half though it seems the author is unconvinced of the continued benefits of war in the coming centuries due to the use of automated weapons. Of course, the future is blind, while hindsight is 20/20.

There's many who say that WWII came out of the restrictions placed on Germany During the 1919 Paris 'Peace Talks'. Whether it was directly or indirectly is a good question, but:

Hitler did not wage war because of the Treaty of Versailles, although he found its existence a godsend for his propaganda. Even if Germany had been left with its old borders, even if it had been allowed whatever military forces it wanted, even if it had been permitted to join with Austria, he would still have wanted more: the destruction of Poland, control of Czechoslovakia, above all the conquest of the Soviet Union. He would have demanded room for the German people to expand and the destruction of their enemies, whether Jews or Bolsheviks. There was nothing in the Treaty about that

Source: (page 493) Paris 1919 - Six Months that Changed the World - Margaret McMillan / Random House 2003 ISBN 0-375-76052-0

The current turmoil in Eastern Europe and the Middle East may be more directly related to the Paris Peace Talks:

(from the same source)

The peacemakers of 1919 made mistakes, of course. By their offhand treatment of the non-European world, they stirred up resentments for which the West is still paying today. They took pains over the borders in Europe, even if they did not draw them to everyone's satisfaction, but in Africa they carried on the old practice of handing out territory to suit the imperialist powers. In the Middle East, they threw together peoples, in Iraq most notably, who still have not managed to cohere into a civil society.

edit on 16/9/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I don't think your alone in your way of thinking, sadly. I do think it's borne of ignorance though.

Until you understand the reality of all those you love, and all those around you dying with you fighting for your own survival - and possibly loosing is, you and others like you more than likely won't change your point of view however.

Which I find sad, because it is people who don't understand the realities of war who will cause the pain and hardship the rest of us will have to endure.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join