It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most successful religion?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeroReady

I will add a few more that can be interesting also.

Sikh
Bahá'í
Taoism
Jainism
Shinto
Wicca

Rastafarianism
Kopimism
Jediism

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

People don't realise that Islam was implemented on a state level for over 1000 years... It eradicated poverty in most regions, many pivotal inventions came from its lands and scholars, crimes were at a fraction of current levels... Try doing a little research, and FYI fix news and the dailyfail don't qualify!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kamza
a reply to: DarknStormy

People don't realise that Islam was implemented on a state level for over 1000 years... It eradicated poverty in most regions, many pivotal inventions came from its lands and scholars, crimes were at a fraction of current levels... Try doing a little research, and FYI fix news and the dailyfail don't qualify!

To some degree maybe as a social safety net to the poorest. But after the golden age Islam is not the scientific center of the world.

The destruction of Baghdad and the House of Wisdom by Hulagu Khan in 1258 has been seen by some as the end of the Islamic Golden Age.

Religion became a dogma and Islam stifled free thought and discussion. From my point of view even today Saudi Arabia is in the dark ages when it comes to free speech. There is propaganda in the west that is a bit of a not allowed to question fully but the oppression is not as bad as in Saudi Arabia.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

but a religiously themed piece tied into what they are trying to graft together seems appropriate but it has to be objective and in mind with today's politically correct ideology

A scuplture along the lines of " the Tree of Life " is what comes to mind. Or even something close to the DNA helix. Both have cultural heritage and safe from PC madness. Embelish it with hints of your own spiritual bias. That way you could be having silent fun with the audience.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Are you peeking into my windows at night? or do you know me somehow???

I find it pretty incredible that you nailed the armature(DNA helix) in which the abstract 'tree of life' is being built off of. On top of that I always include my own vested 'sarcasm' into my work in such a way it goes highly unnoticed.
Next time you somehow make it past security just knock on the window and I'll let you in! lol

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

So tell me what you think. Short and sweet, long and winded, even just to point me in the right direction or tell me it's too subjective and impossible to determine. I don't care all your answers will be helpfull at this point. I have to come to some type of conclusion.

The decision is your own and no one else can make that decision for you. If there is a God who truly loves His creation and wants His own family then the answer is very simple. Let Him tell you. You are asking a bunch of people who are probably just as confused as you are (including me). If God is all knowing and all encompassing and truly loves you then He will let you know if you let Him be the one to let you know. If your looking for a formula of do's and dont's or a popularity contest then your going to wind up with that mindset. Might take years or maybe just days but eventually you will be told by God. By the way ask your half brother how he got his God, take note, and then try the yellow pages and phone a list of clergy and get their opinions. Then as a favor to ATS let the people know how it all turns out. That would be a good thread.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join