It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groundskeeper Willie's take on Scottish independence

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: michael1888

Good stuff!

Yeah, that does make more sense. "My car broke down the other day, cost me 120 Smackeroonies to get it fixed."

I also liked his idea about the time zones. And, if Scotland becomes independent, Scottish won't be an accent, it will be a language.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

The Pound. But this bit of scaremongering has been milked beyond any further practical use, Better Together pretty much let it drop after the last Salmond v Darling debate.

More to the point, you've still to explain your statement about how an independent Scotland would plunge the entire world into a recession.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21 How are we being selfish? Where are you even from?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Yes that's true, but what currency will Scotland be using? You see it starts to get a bit more complicated. The Scots just seem to take for granted that they can pick and choose the bits of independence that they want.

Southern Ireland used the British pound for nearly 50 years after getting independance .there is no point in rocking the boat when everyone could sink

Well said Dougie, well said!

Jane

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Eimaj24

I'm a Geordie born and bred, and LOVE Scotland, i say do it, give them smartarses in Westminster something to think about rather than expenses, war and such like

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: helldiver

The Simpsons put a lot of stuff in thier shows that make fun of FOX. And, seeing how's there's no shortage of things to make fun of FOX about, it only makes sense. I don't think that GKW's stance is any kind of Rupert Murdock editorial.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor Was it your post I replied to? I agree, yous should join us too haha.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join