It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groundskeeper Willie's take on Scottish independence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Apologies if this has already been posted, had a look and couldn't see it.

I guess this means Fox supports the Yes campaign, as far as i can tell its an official Simpsons sketch. It's at least refreshing to hear someone supporting independence, even if it is Fox.

Salmond should get him on the payroll.
edit on 13-9-2014 by helldiver because: a

edit on 13-9-2014 by helldiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: helldiver

Thanks for posting!

Groundskeeper Willie is the greatest Scotsman since William Wallace. Aye or Die, it's not a tattoo, it's a birthmark! Classic!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Ah, just a youtube vid posted without any narrative or explanation, I guess that is the future for debate these days...I miss the old days when people spoke to each other.

*Edit* Breaking political news used to mean something back in the days when people actually typed their points instead of just posting the vid's created by others.

edit on 13-9-2014 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Not so clear on the issue but Willie is my hero so what he says...goes!

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Ah, just a youtube vid posted without any narrative or explanation, I guess that is the future for debate these days...I miss the old days when people spoke to each other.

Lighten up pal, it's all in good humour!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Should be in the jokes forum then.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I just hope the Scottish public realise they hold a gun to the world's head and vote no.

Think of the economic ramifications, which could plunder the world back into recession.

This is the potential break up of the world's 6th largest economy, and Europe's 2nd largest economy. In other words, this isn't like the break-up of Czechoslovakia in 1993. The uncertainty over currency, financial institutions and the economy as a whole will most certainly affect the whole world as we live in times of global economy.

So if there are people from outside of the UK that believe this is a small matter that doesn't affect them, then think again.

When the hard times are back again and it affects you, remember it was the Scottish people being selfish.

Of course many Scots aren't stupid and they're waking up to this realisation and on the 18th will be voting no, so fingers crossed come the day after we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
To be fair The Simpsons has never toed the Fox line. They've mocked the network since the early days and they will never cancel it. It's pretty much the only reason Fox existed past the first few years.

In the spirit of the thread though... If the Scots vote Yes then Septemeber 18th should become the official start of Scotchoberfest.
edit on 9/13/2014 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Scotchoberfest.
I just about wet myself reading that

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Go Scotland!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Why would splitting economies have such a negative effect? It's still the same amount of money, same amount of people, same amount of resources, etc.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: coldkidc

Oh look more braveheart bs.
I wish people wouldn't use that it just shows ignorance towards history.
In a time when the world should be banding together some want to break up a working union.
Nothing more than nationalistic bs.
Still I expect a no vote

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
To counteract some of the Brave heart bs

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
I just hope the Scottish public realise they hold a gun to the world's head and vote no.

Think of the economic ramifications, which could plunder the world back into recession.

This is the potential break up of the world's 6th largest economy, and Europe's 2nd largest economy. In other words, this isn't like the break-up of Czechoslovakia in 1993. The uncertainty over currency, financial institutions and the economy as a whole will most certainly affect the whole world as we live in times of global economy.

So if there are people from outside of the UK that believe this is a small matter that doesn't affect them, then think again.

When the hard times are back again and it affects you, remember it was the Scottish people being selfish.

Of course many Scots aren't stupid and they're waking up to this realisation and on the 18th will be voting no, so fingers crossed come the day after we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

An independent Scotland could plunge the world into a recession?!! You've made that up, an elaboration of the "Great Depression in Scotland" headline.

Did Scotland being in the UK stop the last recession?

The Scots aren't selfish or stupid either by the way, you're verging on the offensive there.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: coldkidc

Oh look more braveheart bs.
I wish people wouldn't use that it just shows ignorance towards history.
In a time when the world should be banding together some want to break up a working union.
Nothing more than nationalistic bs.
Still I expect a no vote

Know many Scottish nationalists in Texas then?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Scots for independance arent "nationalists" or "anti English"

Scotland has been getting shafted for years, has been participating in wars people didnt want to be part of and we want better for our country.

Go groundskeeper Willie

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Yes that's true, but what currency will Scotland be using? You see it starts to get a bit more complicated. The Scots just seem to take for granted that they can pick and choose the bits of independence that they want.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Seems like that would be the easy part. Nearly all the countries in the world make up their currency out of thin air, Scotland could do the same. However, I would recommend basing the currency on silver. They could call it the Silver Willie. It has a nice ring to it.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Seems like that would be the easy part. Nearly all the countries in the world make up their currency out of thin air, Scotland could do the same. However, I would recommend basing the currency on silver. They could call it the Silver Willie. It has a nice ring to it.

Were gonna use the smackeroonie.

Kevin Bridges 'Live At The Referendum': youtu.be...

1:30 in for those who dont have time but its worth a watch..quite funny.

edit on 09122014-09-14T16:12:44-05:0004pmAmerica/ChicagoSunday by michael1888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Yes that's true, but what currency will Scotland be using? You see it starts to get a bit more complicated. The Scots just seem to take for granted that they can pick and choose the bits of independence that they want.

Southern Ireland used the British pound for nearly 50 years after getting independance .there is no point in rocking the boat when everyone could sink

top topics

<<   2 >>

join