It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you spot a SNIPER ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShayneJUK
shape
shine
shadow
silhouette
sound

ect

as said looks like confidence builders a sniper at rock throwing distances! really
a good sniper is rarely close enough to be spotted.

yep. Snipers use long range weapons for a reason. The preferred weapon here would be a pistol by the looks of the distance lol.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
You don't look for a sniper, you watch out for sniping locations.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I suspect that really good snipers get napalmed, or white phosphorous rounds, in an asymetric warfare situation.

Maybe nerve gas on a suspected, remotely located, observation post before a move. Nerve gas is invisible and quiet and does not alert the OpFor about a start up.

The last war will be, "just win".

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
If the targets have thermal viewers, no amount of camo will help, but I have to think that the majority of targets typically will not be using it (though this will surely change as years go on).

What's the best way to hide a thermal signature? Thick glass...believe it or not.

I heard polar bear skins also work due to the hair follicles being hollow. I have not verified this though!

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate
I suspect that really good snipers get napalmed, or white phosphorous rounds, in an asymetric warfare situation.

Maybe nerve gas on a suspected, remotely located, observation post before a move. Nerve gas is invisible and quiet and does not alert the OpFor about a start up.

you wouldn't want to put your own men in a CBRN situation for the sake of a sniper. There are other methods to flush him out such as some you said. Artillery or mortar fire on suspected locations. Sustained fire in to likely spots to force him to move and become visible. But the best way is another sniper to counter him.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
Mylar 'space blankets' work too.
Sew them in between two layers of cloth.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

That was fun, surprised I was actually able to find of few of them.

Those were some beautiful landscapes too, open meadows to foggy forests, so pretty.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The death penalty was applied to any one possessing an air rifle in the Napoleonic Era, because the air rifle had no light or and almost no sound when firing.

The Girardoni air rifle was in service with the Austrian army from 1780 to around 1815. The advantages of a high rate of fire, no smoke from propellants, and low muzzle report granted it initial acceptance, but it was eventually removed from service for several reasons. While the detachable air reservoir was capable of around 30 shots it took nearly 1500 strokes of a hand pump to fill those reservoirs.

en.wikipedia.org...

A fighting sniper position shoots from behind the trees through alleys of clear sight to the target. An infra red observer would need to be looking down the firing line of space in between the trees and bushes to see the sniper. That might negate most of the infrared detection.

Those snipers in the pictures, who I couldn't even see in the red circles, wouldn't be firing from positions on the near side of natural terrain features unless the target was alone.

I heard said on TV that black does not exist in nature. One sniper on TV was spotted by his black regular issue gloves.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642

originally posted by: Semicollegiate

you wouldn't want to put your own men in a CBRN situation for the sake of a sniper. There are other methods to flush him out such as some you said. Artillery or mortar fire on suspected locations. Sustained fire in to likely spots to force him to move and become visible. But the best way is another sniper to counter him.

Using CBRN is practical if the user has complete control of the press, and its use is limited to solving specific problems. The winners write history, CBRN users need to win.

CBRN will be used in the last war on Earth, unless free market principles can sway the population away from centralization before the war is fought.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The worst kind of scumbag sniper is Battlefield 4 snipers. God I hate those blankety blanks!! Then it makes me turn into a sniper, and I don't want to be a sniper because I'm always an engineer, unless of course, I'm on a 'locker map'. Then, I'm always 'Support'.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate
I spotted the majority of them looming for unnatural dark spots. That's the reason why the British army now wears brown boots instead of black.

CBRN use may be practical in some cases but your boys on the ground aren't going to want to wear a full suit and respirator for the sake of one man. You may also end up denying yourself of an area you later need to use or pass through. From a sheer practical sense it would be overkill. All it takes for drawing out a sniper is another sniper (and maybe a daft arse to break cover and draw his fire). I've done it and it's not nice.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

But then all youd have to do is spot a scraggly flat looking bear haha.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I spotted about half of them. Surprised my self at how well I did...

But as has been said, any further away and I wouldn't stand a chance.

Given that a good sniper with an equally good rifle can shoot you from a mile away? Good luck spotting that!! Unless you're very lucky, not going to happen.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Some women just have remarkable intuition.
I remember back when I was 15 a prospective date refused to ride an elevator with me.
There's camo for that?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen
Urban camouflage? You're doing it wrong.

edit: Here he is...

I always wonder how many hunters using this type cammo are mistaken for Bigfoot.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join