It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania mother who gave daughter abortion pill gets prison

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: coop039

I dont think this solves any problem. Lets say we start taking all these unwanted pregnancies and using this artificial womb, who is going to care for all these babies?

DITTO

You don't need a baby to be a parent.

Let's start by improving the adoption system.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It annoys me that science is not further along

Well stop killing our future scientists.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Educate the LIVING

People like this guy. They're "out there" -- already living and breathing:

www.treehugger.com...
www.3ders.org...

Let me add some more:

The 'Little Scientist' Science Exhibition by Ruchika. www.ruchika.org...

Too Few University Jobs For America's Young Scientists. www.npr.org...

World Association of a Young Scientists. ways.org...

edit on 16-9-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: thesaneone

Educate the LIVING

People like this guy. They're "out there" -- already living and breathing: www.treehugger.com...

Amen!

California Spends Six Times More On Prison Inmates Than On College Students

CNN’s Fareed Zakaria took on the issue of criminal justice reform on his show, Fareed Zakaria GPS, this weekend, highlighting that 760 of every 100,000 Americans is incarcerated, more than seven times the incarceration rates for most European countries. Those high incarceration rates have forced states across the country to spend more on prisons than they do on education. California, for instance, spent $9.6 billion on prisons in 2011 but just $5.7 billion on higher education. The state spends $8,667 per student, per year compared to roughly $50,000 per inmate, per year. In the last 30 years, Zakaria noted, California has built 20 new prisons and just one new college campus.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: XTexan

I read a lot. I like information. It makes my brain happy.

Artificial wombs are further along then most people realize. And would be even further along without politics.

For anyone who wants to start a thread on artificial wombs: motherboard.vice.com...

Thats good, I've been waiting for science to solve this problem. Roe vs Wade only allows abortion if the fetus isn't viable outside the womb. Once science progresses far enough abortions will be a thing of the past. Those who don't want the child can donate it as soon as they become aware of it. Then both sides will hopefully be happy.

I am a progressive as far as science is concerned. It annoys me that science is not further along because certain beliefs have to be appeasesd.

As far as donating a fetus, that would not be me. I'm not into "potluck" chikdren. If I'm not going to raise the "potential" child, I'm certainly not going to send it out in the world with "potluck" parents. Abortion will still be needed. But, hopefully less with better technology --- including male contraceptives. www.malecontraceptives.org...

I'm all about the care and welfare of LIVING children. How about we make adopting children easier and low cost. Babies are not required to be a parent.

Unless the laws are changed you won't have that choice. As I understand the law currently (and I could be wrong, please let me know if I am), you only have the right to abortion if the cells/fetus/baby (whatever you want to call it) are not viable outside of the womb. Once it is viable outside of the womb your right to abortion is over. I would personally still say that rape, incest, medical emergencies would warrant an abortion. But unless the laws are changed, science is going to really change the way things are.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: XTexan

There seems to be 2, maybe 3 different points going on here.

1. Artificial womb. Instead of abortion, transfer fetus to artificial womb to be adopted.

My response: I won't do "potluck" babies. I'm not having a baby, to pass it on to someone else. And take a "potluck" chance that the child gets good, loving parents. There are enough LIVING children in this world who need patents.

Fix the adoption process. Because it's insane.

2. Abortion rights differ by state. I don't think Viable is black and white.

Don't have time to research right now.

<< 24  25  26   >>

join