It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming, Or Pollution?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Simply pinning climate change on *Global Warming* caused by Co2 emmisions is completely ignoring everything else.

Any pollution or underground activity will have effects on the surface.

If you frak you are releasing tons of Co2 and Methane in the air. The Water is also tainted because of slew of chemicals that are mixed in to fracture the bedrock.

Fracturing the ground is not a good thing, And this is only the tip of the iceberg.
Plastics and oils finding their way in the ocean. Plowing ecosystems, With vast systems of roots that hold the land together creates erosion when it is removed. It also causes droughts as canopies hold vast ammounts of water and sheild it with foilage.

When these systems are removed flooding occures, land slides ect.

Over crowding fish schools with fishing boats kills some of the Ecosystem in the ocean that regulates plankton.
Fish are there for a reason.

Now im not so sure about rising tempertures, But chemicals being dumped in the ocean can very well effect the sea water and its cooling point boiling point and freezing point.

Its no secret that water boils faster if there is salt. I'm sure there are other compounds we could find that are being spilled into water reserves.

If we were to replace Co2 with the level of oxygen in our air of course the planet would experience * Warming* as Co2 retains heat better.
But the percentage of Co2 would have to be fairly high and lethal to get to that state.
So global warming is only viable if the planet becomes a partched desert like Mars, where co2 levels are extremely high.

Mars is defenantly experiencing global warming. Well by the scientific comunities terms anyways. The planets atmosphere is Co2.
Co2 comes from burning or Bio material or liquids. Same as methane, both chemicals came from a living source of carbon where hydrogen existed and was bonded to create the methane. Such as dead animals or elements and compounds that experienced flash combustion on a unpresidented scale.

Pollution is defenantly an Issue. But more-over. Destruction of the enviroment via Pollution should be our main issues.
Not if we turn the factories smoke on or off. That is irrelivant if there is enough plant and co2 consuming organisms in abaundance.
It's when we remove those elements ( Like we have been over the last 200 years) That things because wonky.

Also, Large scale subterrainian activities in multipul locations in close proximity will ultimately turn the bed rock into * core colemns * that upon subduction stress will break. The more that these mining operations are persued the more we *hollow* out our planet Earthquakes will persist and sinkholes will appear because of underground rivers carve through these weak spots. Degrading to the point where nearby *empty* caverns are filled as water finds the closest way down. The more activity we do underground speeds this process up. We may even puncture these caverns ourselves which can result in catastophic incidents.

arbon dioxide The main component of the atmosphere of Mars is carbon dioxide (CO 2) at 95.9%. Each pole is in continual darkness during its hemisphere's winter, and the surface gets so cold that as much as 25% of the atmospheric CO 2 condenses at the polar caps into solid CO 2 ice (dry ice). When the pole is again exposed to sunlight during summer, the CO 2 ice sublimates back into the atmosphere. This process leads to a significant annual variation in the atmospheric pressure and atmospheric composition around the Martian poles.

This video a little old but its still a crazy video, When mining goes wrong. You can sit on youtube all day and watch these incidents that most likely were man made.
edit on 8-9-2014 by AnuTyr because: adding video

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I think it's a personal choice to use and abuse what we have at our disposal .As far as land slides and earth quakes or tornado's ,well I guess that is a personal choice as well . I could never understand why people would choose to live in a trailer in something known as tornado ally of live in parts of California .Nice places to visit but you have to wonder .

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

i always wondered that as well. I think people are just refusing to leave and are playing dice with tornado alley.

Thanks for contributing

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

You are so right about Global warming and pollution being so interconnected. The BP oil disaster, Fukishima, the floating mass of plastic in our ocean and now Fracking!! The corporations don't care as long as it makes them money. The government is bought and paid for by the corporations. Don't these people have kids and grandkids? How can they not care. Sometimes I just want to put my head in the sand and not think about it. But then I pull it back out and try to do what little things I can - use less, buy local, have a little garden, sign petitions.

Nice to be amongst so many aware people!

new topics

top topics

join