It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Scottish Voters Need to Read This!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
1) That was 1974. How much oil is left there in 2014 I wonder?

2) I'm sure the same nationalist pride was coursing through the veins of at least some of the citizens in the crimean peninsula when Putin marched in, which leads to

3) Does the world really need more instability right now? These things always start off with lofty dreams, but when reality sets in people realize that the stooges that were running the place they have just gotten rid of have been replaced with more stooges who are not really any better.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

a long time ago Scotland had to field a Army that was outnumbered 3 or 4 to 1 to try and win it's freedom
now all you got to do is put a x in a box

BRING IT ON

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I'm sorry Scotts, but you appear to be under the impression that this vote is about the wishes of the people, for the people.

The harsh reality is that both Westminster, and Edinburgh want to spend the oil revenues, and you will still not have any say in how it is spent.

You would merely be swapping one set of greedy, power hungry despots for an identical bunch, with different accents.

Good luck in the future which ever way you go.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
You just have to look at Norway to see where Scotland could be. The important things to note are that Norway's population is 5 million like Scotland, but that one region in Norway accounts for 75% of all revenue coming into the country (through the oil industry and support services; engineering design, materials science, engineering, support ships and infrastructure). That's no difference from Scotland.

Norway is the 5th most expensive country in the world to live in.

The cost of living is known to be one of the highest in the world

and is between 31% and 45% higher than that in the UK.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
None of my business as a foreigner; but I am rooting for Scottish independence.

Freedom cannot be bought. But it can be stolen. Or sold.

There was a time when Scotland led the world in science, mathematics and particularly philosophy. When it comes to intellectual resources, gross population totals matter less than a culture of creativity.

I wish they'd be a Monarchy, though; and without a Hanoverian on the throne.

You've got the Stone back! Use it!!!

a woman seated upon an Lia Fail for long enough

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
they are also paid more as a result! yet taxed more because they earn more.
Sweden are similar, with free higher education, child care for working parents and students it's all relative.
I would happily pay more tax to receive more services.
You can take a statement and quote it to your suiting if you miss out most of the information

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: stormcell
You just have to look at Norway to see where Scotland could be. The important things to note are that Norway's population is 5 million like Scotland, but that one region in Norway accounts for 75% of all revenue coming into the country (through the oil industry and support services; engineering design, materials science, engineering, support ships and infrastructure). That's no difference from Scotland.

Norway is the 5th most expensive country in the world to live in.

The cost of living is known to be one of the highest in the world

and is between 31% and 45% higher than that in the UK.

wow i thought the u.k was expensive i just looked this up

www.numbeo.com...

Rip off Europe now

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scotscorps84
a reply to: eletheia
they are also paid more as a result! yet taxed more because they earn more.
Sweden are similar, with free higher education, child care for working parents and students it's all relative.
I would happily pay more tax to receive more services.
You can take a statement and quote it to your suiting if you miss out most of the information

Like for like comparisons >>>>>>

# Their earnings are 44.11% higher than the UK however everything is

considerably higher in price e.g.>>>>>>

* potatoes (staple food) having the lowest differential at + 14.5%

* a litre of bottled water having the highest differential at + 135.8%

* All other commodities inc. utilities between the two %'s

* And an average like for like internet/mobile package at + 66.66%

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I remember this case in the 80s
www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

Who had put them so neatly there? Who knows? Too many people had trampled over the ground, ruining any clues. A search the next day revealed a Smith & Wesson .45 in the stream 60ft from the car. The gun had been fired twice and had no fingerprints.
Who had put them so neatly there? Who knows? Too many people had trampled over the ground, ruining any clues. A search the next day revealed a Smith & Wesson .45 in the stream 60ft from the car. The gun had been fired twice and had no fingerprints.

Twice? Who could shoot themselves twice in the head?

McRae wasn't wearing gloves when found. So who wiped the gun of prints?

Sixty feet? Who could throw the hefty gun that distance when they'd just put a bullet in their own brain?

a lot of people shoot themselves in the head twice in scotland

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It's very important that Scotland becomes independent.

There will be huge parties north and south of the border on that day. It'll be lovely. Everybody will be drunk. The lads an' glassies (a drunken Scotsman's term for lassie) will be over the moon. The English will be drunk too. It'll be great. Everybody will be drunk and vomiting in the gutters and fighting over nothing and smashing windows. It'll be great.

The pipers will be playing and the glassies dancing and down south the stockbrokers will be adjusting portfolios. It'll be great.

And then after it all comes a cropper or the Russians invade Estonia or the Americans decide to abandon Europe, it'll be great, because there will be another huge party as Scotland rejoins the UK.

It'll be great.

There will be huge parties north and south of the border on that day. It'll be lovely. Everybody will be drunk. The lads an' glassies (a drunken Scotsman's term for lassie) will be over the moon. The English will be drunk too. It'll be great. Everybody will be drunk and vomiting in the gutters and fighting over nothing and smashing windows.

It'll be great.
edit on 10-9-2014 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

It would be a big kick in the nuts of EU/globalists if Scotland declared independence.

Not really considering that the first thing a independent Scotland will be doing is sending of applications to join the EU, the UN and NATO.
When will they fit in the time to change all the passports, drivers licenses, vending machines, shop tills, cash machines etc etc... Not to mention creating a new health service and postal service.

Good luck Scotland, think you'll need it.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Not as many Unionists on this thread than other doom and gloom threads on Scottish Independence...I wonder why that is...Hmmmm

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join