It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joan Rivers Dead At Age 81

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Very well said pal...

I'm humbled!!!

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
She might be resting in peace but dying from complications of minor surgery there might be some very nervous surgeons- I smell a big lawsuit in the wind.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599
What makes you think she went to heaven? lol
I think it's possible that she returned to her father, Satan.
And she was in no way in the same league as Johnny Carson. He actually was funny and had talent. He's also probably not going to be where she is probably going to.

See!! Now I went and said something not so nice and I said that I wouldn't. Dang it

edit on 4-9-2014 by Fylgje because: to add

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Well, we won't have to listen to a woman mutilated by plastic surgery critiquing the appearance of younger, better looking people. It's hard to imagine anyone valuing her offensive opinions.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

According to Forbes she was worth 290 million dollars .... So she

obviously made many, many other people laugh ?

R.I.P. Joan Rivers

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I don't know of many comedians who have not or have never been controversial. Yes. She did say that Moochelle was a transsexual, she also said Obama was gay. When she said it, it was nothing nobody had heard before.

I hope she rests in peace and my condolences go to her family. She didn't ever have me rolling in the floor, but she did say what she meant and meant what she said... that's a hard thing to come by these days.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Good!

edit on 4-9-2014 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2014 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
And so passes one of the last people in world completely unafraid of the PC police. She was offensive, but she was equal opportunity about it, and for that, I will miss her.

Condolences to her family.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Robin Williams was a comedian, she was not imho (OK, so I am a comedy snob). That said, respects to her family.Loss of a loved one is very difficult.
edit on 4-9-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I thought Joan Rivers was pretty funny years ago, not so much in recent years. One thing's for sure: she managed to spread around a lot of laughter, called her own shots, & stuck around for 81 years, all of it in spite of how fwustwated she made some of you...
Now, that's funny!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: khnum
She might be resting in peace but dying from complications of minor surgery there might be some very nervous surgeons- I smell a big lawsuit in the wind.

At that age I would think that any surgery requiring anesthesia would be considered 'not minor'.
Just say'n ...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
She was genuinely ground-breaking, ahead of her time and hilarious in her prime.
A true icon of female comedy.
Like many people, she slipped in her later years and said some crap and much of it was seriously offensive.

RIP Joan.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599
Oh Man

She used to make me laugh so hard .................................. She'll be sorely missed here.

Rest in peace and make heaven shake with laughter.

Cody

When I first heard of Joan's death a couple of hours ago...the above is what I thought too...She is in heaven right now in a huge auditorium ...and God, the Angels and Heaven's residents are all shaking with laughter...welcoming her.

Over the years she has given to me much mirth and laughter; she will be missed.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I wonder what the surgery she was getting on her throat was for?

They probably tried to install a Funny Bone.

And you guessed right. I never liked her and it is wrong to call her funny and talented. She was a woman who became a comedian and opened doors for other female comedians.

But true comedy isn't bashing people for their looks or inventing stupid remarks trying to cater for a hatefull minority.

Her stuff became more and more venomous as she got old.

If you don't like my remarks....
Grow up.
edit on 4-9-2014 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Have to admit I have never heard of her.
But sad times for her family so best wishes go out to them.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Evil is a stretch. Granted, not around here, assumptions are often thrown out without thought. The woman was not evil, just.... controversial. It was more than likely her entire career was 98% a publicity stunt

Yea.
The scary bit is not her being obnoxious and spiteful.
It's that so many people call it funny.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
What a coincidence. Didn't she just recently accuse Michelle Obama of being a transsexual?

Yes, I had been thinking the same thing, it was only in the last couple of months that she said such.

Here it is:

Quite nasty regardless of your feelings about the Obamas.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Eh? so she was killed because she said that?
I found her comment disgusting calling a woman a tranny when she has kids but to say she was bumped off because she said it is laughable.
She was 81 and had many surgery's (I have just been swatting up on her) and her heart stopped last week in surgery so she wasn't very well and has passed on.
No conspiracy here folks.
edit on 4-9-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I wonder what the surgery she was getting on her throat was for?

her voice was raspy ans starting to give out on her...they knocked her out to look at her vocal cords....she noty only had cardiac arrest, they are now saying she also had a stroke.

if you are going under general anesthesia..shouldn't the procedure be done in a hospital setting especially for older people in their 80's like joan....for exactly what happened to her.

sorry she is gone she was a ground breaker for sure
edit on 4-9-2014 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Somewhere on the other side, she's making a poorly-dressed spirit cry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join