It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best NON AMERICAN TV Shows

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshireman
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Thanks for that, only problem being that I only have a laptop with very tinny sound so I don't really enjoy watching films/programmes on it. Thanks anyway, the link was appreciated.

Connect your laptop to your tv with a VGA and sound cord...or HDMI? Headphones?

If you have windows, I found going into sound properties and unchecking "enhanced settings" or something like that boosts the sound a little bit. I can't remember exactly what it is (I'm on Linux), but if you look around, you will find what I am talking about. Just right click on the sound icon in your system tray and go to properties...it should be somewhere there.

(post by ivegottheGOODS removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Old but classical British television look no further than Only Fools & Horses, so so funny. My most favourite show of all time.
edit on 21-9-2014 by AblyEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Ripper Street may well be right up your alley. Hurrrr.

Seriously though, it's a good watch and fairly dark.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The Missing (2014) - A UK based Mini Series of 8 Episodes.

Here are the first 4 episodes in HD 720p . Njoy

edit on 21-11-2014 by TheChildhoodLane because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Unrealised

I am not into comedies.

A pity, because there are a lot of Australian comedies on the box today that are worth a look. Most of the crap on TV here is either reality shows or lifestyle programs, there is very little in the way of scripted drama, and almost no decent sci-fi coming out of here right now.

These are a few ideas, depending on your tastes of course;

Bikie Wars - Brothers In Arms

Dangerous

Sea Patrol

Serangoon Road

Water Rats

Underbelly

Top Of The Lake

These are some of the better ones IMO.

List of Australian series

If you ever wanted to look up some comedy gold, check out Housos and Swift and Shift Couriers. It'll give you a take on Aussie humour for sure.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshireman
a reply to: BuzzCory

Life on Mars is a good call.

I recently watched the first series of a show called 'Utopia' and really enjoyed it. It's British conspiracy thriller. I decided to give it a go as it has excellent ratings on IMDB.

I liked that shw too.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 74Templar

My problem with comedies (in the US at least) is that they are so agenda driven. I have no desire to mix politics and TV shows. I have no desire to have left wing or right wing politics shoved down my throat while I am trying to relax. Everyone in real life is not either gay or has a gay best friend. I would be equally turned off if every show had right wing political propaganda shoved down my throat.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheChildhoodLane

I saw that, made me think of The 4400. No idea if it is actually anything like it.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Ripper Street may well be right up your alley. Hurrrr.

Seriously though, it's a good watch and fairly dark.

Yes it is, and I had my eyes set on it already thank you for reminding me!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
My favorite non-american tv show of all time would have to be the UK version of 'Shameless'. They made a US version, but it just isn't any where near as funny and actually just kind of sad and depressing to be honest.

Also, there's an iconic Aussie comedy called 'Pizza', which is basically a satire of middle eastern Aussie culture. But I really don't know if that comedy would translate to a american audience (lol), they don't just make fun of themselves but also basically every other race on the face of the earth.

Another really good Aussie comedy is 'Wilfred'. They also made a US version of that with Elijah Wood, but it's nowhere near as funny as the original Aussie version.

That's about it really, everything else I watch on tv is American. Australian tv for the for the most part really sucks.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Corner Gas ran 6 season in Canada. Silly but fun show:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The best non american show on TV ever.. A little show from the UK called 'Only fools and horses'. Seriously, I can watch it a million tines and I'm still in fits of laughter, its truly fantastic. I can't get a link, but just YouTube it, its pure genius. Trust me.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

You like historical dramas eh?? What about History/Fantasy/Romance/ Dramas??

Try Outlander! Nurse from 1940s travels back in time to 1743 highland Scotland

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Post to thread subscribe ❤

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Most American tv shows are shot in Canada.

Intelligence was pretty good but is only one season. Not the 1 season from American CBS.

Rookie Blue comes from Canada I believe.

The Listener comes from there too. I think.

If your in to scifi there was a short lived series called Outcasts, and Survivors from the UK.

American tv is long on quantity, and short on quality these days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join