It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best NON AMERICAN TV Shows

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: monkofmimir

I enjoy dark humor .. like Lexx!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzCory

Life on Mars is a good call.

I recently watched the first series of a show called 'Utopia' and really enjoyed it. It's British conspiracy thriller. I decided to give it a go as it has excellent ratings on IMDB.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshireman

I saw that on IMDB too! I will add that to my list.

Any good Aussie shows?
edit on 1-9-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No idea about any Aussie shows I'm afraid, I'm in the UK.

I can also recommend a six part series called 'Happy Valley' starring Sarah Lancashire, its a British Police drama, also worth a watch.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Continuum from Canada (3 seasons, I think 2 are on Netflix but you can find the 3rd online)
Trailer Park Boys from Canada (actually has a cult following and several movies)
Original BBC version of House of Cards

ETA: A very good US show just finished its first season not to long ago. It's called "Turn" about the revolutionary war.
edit on 9/1/2014 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Thanks. Would you rate it better/worse/equal compared to say Luther.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel
Continuum from Canada (3 seasons, I think 2 are on Netflix but you can find the 3rd online)
Trailer Park Boys from Canada (actually has a cult following and several movies)
Original BBC version of House of Cards

Love continuum. Was not aware it was Canadian even!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

You shoud watch Real Humans. It is a Swedish show about AI, a robot revolution/uprising, human and robot relationships, and human and robot rights.

And for people who like comedy: check out Trailer Park Boys, it's hilarious - almost like live action South Park with crazy antics and well defined characters.

Edit: Just thought of another show you would probably enjoy: It is an American mini-series that aired on syfy channel years ago called The Lost Room. The Lost Room: Detective Joe Miller is searching for his daughter who has been trapped inside Room 10 of the Sunshine Motel on Route 66. Inside this mystical room were several seemingly ordinary objects: a pair of scissors, a comb, eyeglasses... but each gives to its possessor an extraordinary power! The objects are so powerful that mystical societies were formed to collect and control them.
edit on 9/1/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Yeah, me too. Two things usually happen to shows I like. They sell out and go all "poppy mainstream" or they get cancelled. All the best sci-fi shows get cancelled!!! Very few go a long time, X-files is perhaps the best example of this.

A good U.S. sci-fi show I really liked was Dollhouse, it only went 2 seasons but had a ton of potential and was really interesting...you have to look in to it.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

as long as it's in English I am down!

link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

You shoud watch Real Humans. It is a Swedish show about AI, a robot revolution/uprising, human and robot relationships, and human and robot rights.

I'll have to check that out

link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Yep, all the best shows tend to get canceled and piss me off. I remember when Stargate Universe was cancelled I was so mad, by far the best Stargate show.

ETA: FOX seems to be the worst offender of this.
edit on 1-9-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Fully agree...on all counts.
I'm a big sci-fi fan.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I saw that on IMDB too! I will add that to my list.

Any good Aussie shows?

Danger 5

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

You can find english subbed versions, and trust me, it's worth it. Also, check out The Lost Room... its a great lil miniseries.
edit on 9/1/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

You can find english subbed versions, and trust me, it's worth it. Also, check out The Lost Room... its a great lil miniseries.

+1 I loved that mini series.

Another series that I liked and got cancelled was The 4400.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I would have said - Dr. Who - but after watching the regeneration of the 12th doctor I'll have to skip saying that. WORST regeneration ever. This new doctor is mean and snobby. YUK. He and Clara were a total chore to watch.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

+1 I loved that mini series.

I haven't got the inkling to watch that one yet. I watched a mini series called The Company a few weeks ago about the CIA and KGB

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Yeah, there was a lot that I liked about that show (The Lost Room). The idea for Warehouse 13 objects were probably ripped from it.

I'll have to check it out some time, thanks.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I love the comedy series Are You Being Served. They run it here occasionally on PBS. I'd like to get it on DVD if it's available.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join