It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Detective-Rust and Martin car conversation,one of the best describing of this world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I didn't know where to post this so mods,feel free to move it anywhere you like.
www.youtube.com...

I'd consider myself a realist, alright? But in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist... I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware. Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself - we are creatures that should not exist by natural law... We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, that accretion of sensory experience and feelings, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everbody's nobody... I think the honorable thing for our species to do is to deny our programming. Stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction - one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

It's all one ghetto man, giant gutter in outer space

This conversation,in my opinion,describes the world nowadays,esspecialy people,in an intelligent way

Thank you for giving attention to this thread,I am waiting for your opinions .

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Consciousness is the key.......only ours is stunted....not higher than natural life forms

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PaulTheDuke

Were I a materialist I would have to agree with this statement and sentiments entirely. This point of view expresses a very logical conclusion of the human condition from an atheistic standpoint.How an atheist who follows through with the materialist thought system to this point can even get out of bed in the morning is beyond me.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Were I a materialist I would have to agree with this statement and sentiments entirely. This point of view expresses a very logical conclusion of the human condition from an atheistic standpoint.How an atheist who follows through with the materialist thought system to this point can even get out of bed in the morning is beyond me.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

How an atheist who follows through with the materialist thought system to this point can even get out of bed in the morning is beyond me.

Who says we get out of bed?

OP while I agree with most of the dialog I disagree with the end result of his train of thought. Who cares how we got that little bit of enhanced edge of self awareness. We can use it to crush all our enemies.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Excuse me? "Illusion of having a self?" So humans, dolphins, elephants and apes should all walk hand in hand into extinction because we are aware of ourselfs I really don't appreciate this thread as it seems to be all thats going on here is you're telling us we should all commit suicide... Or am I missing something?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LocalGenius

Goddamnit,I AM NOT telling you to suicide,it is RUST's opinion,i posted this thread in general conspiracies,but the mods moved it.This whole thing looks like a conspiracy to me.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Although I can understand his point of view, it truly is a terrible way to view the world imo. If we were to all feel this way, I can only imagine how much sooner we would have destroyed each other in the grand scheme of things. Secondly, I believe the belief that we are seperate from nature is one of the major reasons why we cannot co-exist with not only nature, but with each other as well.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Who cares how we got that little bit of enhanced edge of self awareness. We can use it to crush all our enemies.

Right you are Bass. But when we seem to be our own worst enemies, where's that get us?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Bassago

Who cares how we got that little bit of enhanced edge of self awareness. We can use it to crush all our enemies.

Right you are Bass. But when we seem to be our own worst enemies, where's that get us?

Admittedly not very far if the last several millennia are anything to go by. With the possible exception of some technological improvements. We've got the iPhone but no moon bases so I'm not sure how far we've advanced in that regard either.

Still when I say "enemies" that also includes environmental, geological heck possibly even extra-terrestrial. As far as being our own worst enemies though you are right about that and we've got that part down pat.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Im looking forward to next season and RUST´s opinions ( i hope there will be next season ) one of the most brilliant TV shows ever, its not about cops and American dream but facing the ugly side of human nature and conversation from the Rust´s side is brilliant, what we have there is clever detective ( Rust ) "the brains" and much more simplistic detective ( Hart ) "the muscles" usually this kind of set up is worn out old Hollywood idea in general but this show is build up strongly on Rust´s brain-work, thoughts and senses and a bit Asperger in him. i like the ideas he gets there even some are controversial.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Perhaps if all the pessimists walked hand in hand into oblivion, then we who actually are willing to work a little bit towards sustaining a working society could get some she ite done with out all the ace holes getting in the way. I am about half way for this. I would much rather see all the aces get their selfish unawareness under control and then we all could get along, speed science and tech up at an eponential rate and explore the friggin' galaxy.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

It is very clear that the human animal has a dark side. It is also very clear with a bit of thinking that the human animal is just that. His history, his evolution from the lower animals preserves elements of that dark side. Mix it with self-awareness and you have a formula enough to reason that humans are not worthy...even of existence.

How many of you have meditated deeply enough to find the center of it all, the "As One" feeling with the Universe? Not a one that has responded with dire comments, I can safely assume. In short, most of this thread to this point is evidence that you/we know nothing of human potential and what lays behind the low-brow behavior we use to guide us in our daily lives and few will ever venture to look beyond the babbles of convention.

top topics

join