It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nietzsche had a horse, something like this is going to send me over the edge.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
www.nydailynews.com...

Hard working woman dies of apparent carbon monoxide toxicity while napping in her car between jobs.

I understand tragedy happens and it is senseless, but when someone is putting all of their effort into bettering their life, why are they cut down like this? Her light has been snuffed out, thrusting the rest of us further into darkness, and the world is the worse off for it.

It is comforting to think that there is a grand plan for the universe and that senseless things lead us down a road towards a perfect future, but taken piecemeal, each event is barely tolerable to a self-aware individual.

Death is a cruel master. He takes all of us in the end and he has no class regarding timing or method of execution.

Why does a woman like this have to die young, while I am permitted to continue living? I don't work as hard as she does. If between the two of us one of us should have died senselessly while napping in an idling car, I should take her place. There is no egality in death.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

We all Die. Her troubles are over. Ours still exist. You are basing it on the fact that it is somehow a bad thing that she died, when we just don't know. Maybe the good should die young, and those who aren't so good must continue living on this hell of a planet.....

Merely conjecture of course. But nice post.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
See my Sig.
nuf said.........

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I understand your frustration. She was trying, she was putting forth the effort and the effort is what killed her.

Sometimes this world just isn't that kind.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Why does a woman like this have to die young, while I am permitted to continue living? I don't work as hard as she does. If between the two of us one of us should have died senselessly while napping in an idling car, I should take her place.

You aren't her. What happened to her happened just the way it was supposed to.

Disconnect from any death wish. You are right where you are supposed to be, too.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Fair...

Has nothing to do with it.

Go help someone today. Make a difference. You will soon feel better.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Sounds like you need somebody to blame. Blame the government for dismantling the economy and forcing people to have to work 2+ jobs to survive with basic living. Then you have the answer why the young die early.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash
There is no egality in death.

Would you prefer there were? If mortality followed a codified conduct and we were able to formulate when, where, and how we die based on our station in life, would that make life better or worse?

She is currently experiencing a relief and an adventure so intense and grand that our minds couldn't comprehend even if we caught it on film. There is egality in the universe, no doubt, and that is precisely why people die unexpectedly or survive against insane odds. Death is not a "punishment".

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Life is not fair, never has been probably never will. Thing happen simply due to probability.

Its a shame the lady in question died, but wishing to take her place, or somehow feeling it should have been you rather than her is sheer folly. I say enjoy every moment you have, while you have them, they won't come again, least not in this verse!

Peace.
edit on 29-8-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Look. It was her fault. She exhibited lack of judgment and knowledge regarding sleeping in a running motor vehicle due to carbon monoxide . It is odorless and colorless, and can snuff out a life quickly.

I think its safe to say all...or most all drivers worldwide understand this, and is why everyone knows to crack a window at least in a running vehicle.

Im assuming she knew as well. So in her error....she ended her life. That would make it an accident. (Unless it was intentional suicide-something altogether different).

So why her, not you? Because she made a MISTAKE. And died because of it. In the Universal scheme of things...it was her time, and predestined way to go.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I know this much - her struggles with life are done. I hope she is in a better place now.

This is a mistake. She left her car on. Even if you have a working exhaust system, you are running a risk, and she had an open gas can leaking fumes. I understand that fatigue makes you sloppy ... but she's lucky IMO that she just fell asleep and never woke up. She could have ignited those fumes and burned herself terribly and died in a much worse way.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

A hazmat team had to monitor the fumes for four hours before they could rescue her.

Wow. What a great use of resources. I'll have to read that again. It sounds like they did nothing to help her!

Here's what I would have done. Open door(s), pull lady out, and begin resuscitation efforts. But that's just me.

Is this anything like ombamacare?

They say there was a gasoline can tipped over. They say she was trying to snatch a few minutes of sleep, but why leave the car running in the middle of the hottest month of the year, in the middle of irreversible global warming caused by mankind??? I'm pretty sure she was planning on a long nap. I just hope the rescuers are safe!

# 258
edit on 29-8-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

That was my take. Vital minutes that could have been spent attempting to resuscitate her and avoid brain damage were instead utilized obeying union rules. Did no one have a respirator they could have worn while opening the car? How dangerous could car exhaust and gasoline really be to just let a woman fester in there for hours on end? I'm assuming she left the car running to enjoy the AC, at least that is my assumption.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Ah yes, AC. Hadn't thought of that.

I never had one of those luxury items. In the winter I just hope the wind blows the right way. A cop woke me up one time. I still remember his name.

Yeah, God damn the 'rescuers'. What a bunch of assholes. They were just killing the time on our dime. Nothing exceptional about that.

# 259

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

How the hell did petroleum and carbon monoxide fumes prevent emergency services from entry for over 2 hours?

These people are trained professionals with the appropriate gear in tow, respirators and fire retardant clothing being my meaning. There are also not shy when it comes to going into danger, I have seen firemen enter and pull people from burning cars and buildings. Something sure sounds amiss with this most tragic accident.
edit on 30-8-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

join