It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Mutating: Sustained H2H Transmission

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Thanks. I greatly appreciate and respect your efforts to sort through misunderstandings and keep the dialogue going. ....I doubt we can fix the problems now facing humanity -and our planet- without going Open Source-Open Access on virtually every science. Which includes all the health and disaster data that insurers use for their actuarial reports.

S&

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: Serdgiam

Thanks. I greatly appreciate and respect your efforts to sort through misunderstandings and keep the dialogue going.

No problem, I actually think that's kind of the social aspect of open source, as well as being a Morphologian

....I doubt we can fix the problems now facing humanity -and our planet- without going Open Source-Open Access on virtually every science. Which includes all the health and disaster data that insurers use for their actuarial reports.

While Ebola is serious and lives are on the line, I am hoping that something good can come from all of this. They have raised the chances of success substantially by crowdsourcing resources.

I think its only a matter of time before the people realize the power in switching to an open access platform. The public open source sector could quickly overtake private, proprietary networks. Emergency situations can show how effective it is, as long as it isn't all manipulated to skirt responsibility. I think the core of open source is truly taking personal responsibility in a global network.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I am hoping they can reign it in as soon as possible to minimize lives lost. Making all of this open access is only one part of the equation though, now individuals have to participate and I truly hope they will in massive numbers.
edit on 29-8-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

S&
YES - virulence evolution does obey a trade-off. More from the US National Institutes of Health:

....Their study showed that the strain responsible for the West African outbreak separated from a closely related strain found in Central Africa as early as 2004, indicating movement from Central to West Africa over the span of a decade. Studying RNA changes occurring over the span of the outbreak suggests that the first human infection of the outbreak was followed by exclusive human to human transmissions.

While analyzing the genetic makeup of the Ebola samples, Dr. Sabeti and colleagues discovered a number of mutations that arose as the outbreak spread. Some of these mutations, termed nonsynonymous mutations, alter the biological state of the virus and may allow it to continually and rapidly adapt to human immune defenses as the outbreak continues.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Got a joke for you! So an ISIS terrorist group goes to Africa and contracts ebola. They board a plane to South America and quickly travel across the Mexican border into the USA. They travel around and spread the disease as a terrorist attack. Others then follow suit. Ummm...sorry...did I say joke? I meant plan! What terrorist hasn't considered this, especially since they are willing to die to kills us.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Of all the conspiracy theories i've heard, an article last night was the first to make me raise an eyebrow. It said that two strains showed up in sierra leone or Guinea (i forget which) at the same time and same place. Ebola's never been there before so for 2 strains to show up at the same time is pretty strange. Then one strain died out, but a third strain was born I believe. And it's mutating which if I recall correctly it is supposed to be a slow to mutate.

Im not about to hit the panic button or anything, I don't think it will be a world wide pandemic if it keeps spreading, but it might make that mutation to be truly airborne.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Hard to do with Ebola. They'd be too sick to quickly. Now if they did it with other diseases unnamed then the "typhoid muhammed" theory as I call it, is plausible.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Yep.. all from a bunch of women at some healer/medicine man's place during a funeral. Like 12 women were infected I think.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Got a joke for you! So an ISIS terrorist group goes to Africa and contracts ebola. They board a plane to South America and quickly travel across the Mexican border into the USA. They travel around and spread the disease as a terrorist attack. Others then follow suit. Ummm...sorry...did I say joke? I meant plan! What terrorist hasn't considered this, especially since they are willing to die to kills us.

It might be they face difficult new theological questions like, was Ebola made by God/Allah to punish and if so is it legitimate to use it against one's enemies. Will one still die a martyr, who is going to test that and report back? What if they are wrong and have to suffer the consequences. Explosives though appear to be accepted, it must be hard to get new ways to kill in a manner acceptable to their said faiths since it's usually with explosives or other conventional weapons.

It's just nature's way to do something about the worlds population. Or just a glitch/fluke/error, bits of DNA code mixing that shouldn't have mixed at all ever.

Hoping crowdsourcing means everyone can theoretically work with it (having computers etc) and some incredibly brilliant student comes up with a cure.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

One thing is for sure, flies, gnats and mosquitoes love blood, now, no one can say for sure or even prove, that the time it takes for one of these carriers to easily mop up enough blood or fluids oozing from an Ebola infected person, that if it flew into the mouth or eye, or landed on something , or an unsuspecting person ingested Ebola contaminated food, would it (the virus)be DOA or not be viably transmitted to cause infection, even if the risk is low, that would still mean that evn one unknowing person would be able to become a carrier that could cause an outbreak.

I think there are too many unknowns and once the doctors made their recoveries, people probably have somewhat stepped down their fear of Ebola that may have existed 3 months ago or more.

I really am not one to place all faith in what the so called doctors or scientist themselves really have not arrived at 100% agreement on.

To me even though this article states Ebola virus is transmitted differently, I think with all of these new strains, this might not be true.
World Health Organization classification and transmission methods
edit on 29-8-2014 by phinubian because: correction

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

My Official "FREAK OUT KIT" includes

Chemical/HazMat suit w/2 painters suits worn inside)
Gas Mask
hospital grade gloves (wear 2 pair at once)
Chemical resistant gloves on top of rubber gloves (elbow length)
Lots of tape
Oxygen tank
chemical resistant boots

I have spent a ton of money on all of these items and am looking to buy more materials.

It is my belief that very few with knowledge of the truth are being anywhere near honest about this outbreak. This is some serious stuff and I don't trust anyone to tell me what's truly going on. I want a chance at surviving. I also believe it's airborne. A virus is a deadly and tricky monster.

I'm looking out for me and mine FIRST and not waiting on anybody to tell me that the sh!t is about to hit the fan or might hit the fan.

The sh!t hit the fan eight months ago!

Thanks for keeping us informed.

edit on 8/29/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

The overall fatality rate is 52%, the WHO said, ranging from 42% in Sierra Leone to 66% in Guinea.

They left out a crucial word... ESTIMATED! It may seem like a small thing, an obvious thing, but people are taking their percentages as factual, if not very very close to it. The truth is (by their own admission) the number of infected is unknown, as is the number of those who have died from it. (People dump dead bodies in the streets in some areas, or bury them and don't tell the authorities, not to mention the entire village that is quarantined, and those who escape quarantine- so who's keeping count?)

They simply cannot accurately solve this equation with those two unknown variables! The best analogy I can think of, is a drug company saying a new medicine they tested has a 52% cure rate, but they don't know how many people they tested, and how many people were cured.

So, to me, their statistics are categorically meaningless, unless they clearly state "based on documented infections and death rate of that same sampling." They must skirt this, otherwise they must admit... 'we don't know how fatal this is.'

I just wanted to throw that out there for the good of the group.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

The overall fatality rate is 52%, the WHO said, ranging from 42% in Sierra Leone to 66% in Guinea.

They left out a crucial word... ESTIMATED! It may seem like a small thing, an obvious thing, but people are taking their percentages as factual, if not very very close to it. The truth is (by their own admission) the number of infected is unknown, as is the number of those who have died from it. (People dump dead bodies in the streets in some areas, or bury them and don't tell the authorities, not to mention the entire village that is quarantined, and those who escape quarantine- so who's keeping count?)

They simply cannot accurately solve this equation with those two unknown variables! The best analogy I can think of, is a drug company saying a new medicine they tested has a 52% cure rate, but they don't know how many people they tested, and how many people were cured.

So, to me, their statistics are categorically meaningless, unless they clearly state "based on documented infections and death rate of that same sampling." They must skirt this, otherwise they must admit... 'we don't know how fatal this is.'

I just wanted to throw that out there for the good of the group.

Dam....you hit the nail on the head...dead smack and center

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Here's what I know and I continue to tell those I love:

People get sick
People get sick and travel
People get sick and travel and get others sick

THINK ABOUT THAT and LET THAT MARINATE. Take as long as you need, just know...the clocks a tickin'!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The virus is mutating, adapting. Along with that comes learning to survive outside the host longer and longer. That leads directly to airborne transmission. Not pretty.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1

Exactly, I mean look at things without the fatal outcome, like a norovirus or flu season, it is amazing how that spreads, so enter the new variable, Ebola season....

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

yes it is quite a shock to see the new strain. I had a dream and woke up drawing the image and nearly dropped dead when I saw it was similar to the ebola virus. lol

I will attempt to draw it with the loops in the correct flow and post it up.
I know I sound crazy but my drawing of what I saw in the 'dream' is astounding.

at least I know what the visual mind pattern relates to.

cheers

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePublicEnemyNo1
a reply to: new_here

Here's what I know and I continue to tell those I love:

People get sick
People get sick and travel
People get sick and travel and get others sick

THINK ABOUT THAT and LET THAT MARINATE. Take as long as you need, just know...the clocks a tickin'!

You are preaching to the choir my friend, and I've been singing your same song since I first heard of this hideous outbreak. I live 5 miles from a fairly large university. My most recent 'freakout' moment was the realization that international students from the stricken areas are traveling all over the world to begin fall classes. I looked online and confirmed that students from all three countries where this is running rampant, plus Nigeria, will be 5 miles away from my house.

There was some blurb on the website like, fear not, "not only will they be screened at airports (by not-doctors) we're requesting (not even requiring?) students from those countries to come by the University Health Center to complete a special questionnaire about their risk of exposure..." or words to that effect.

Like they're gonna admit to being exposed and risk having to go back!

Blood tests, please... and/or 21-day quarantine. I mean, can you just imagine this popping up on a college campus???
edit on 8/29/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I can't loop it in the correct flow so I wrote it out as the letters that are first. As you can see with the ebola virus it loops and twists... so that is why I tried to find the loops/twists = jnx5l1 or nxj51

what woke me up was the fact that ebola has two strands.... a start and a stop. The new strain has 5 which means it will not loop up, it will have one strand that will continue to spread which means the it cannot be contained/destroyed.

I am not a scientist or anyone intelligent. I am only sharing my dream and visuals I saw therein.

cheers

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I can't figure how it can't be spread from person to person like the flu virus does. If one person has a sore throat, the virus gets out there and coughed out into the air. Someone can get this virus in their nose or have a paper cut exposed. Maybe they just shaved and have a tiny cut. Now why is it impossible to transmit this virus under these conditions? Conditions that are out there everywhere. Even if you just came from the dentist, your gums bleed occasionally. Someone tests their blood sugar. Someone scrapes their hand on something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join