It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Read This

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is where this goes, but I'm gonna give it a try.
Has anyone read the novel "Night Fall", by Nelson DeMille???
Since this a conspiracy sight...I'll lay it out here. The novel is about a missle hitting TWA Flight 800. But what really gets to me is the end of the book. SPOILERS FOR ANYONE WHO DOESN'T WANT TO KNOW.......

The ending (although not straight foreward...it is something between the lines.) hints that Sept. 11, 2001 was used to cover up the truth of TWA Flight 800.
Granted this a work of fiction, but I have read a lot of the books by this author, and the man does his homework!!!
Has anyone read this?? And more importantly, have you come to this conclusion from reading it?? Let me know!
The ending is great but it makes me ask all kinds of questions....If it where Dan Brown, who wrote "Angels and Demons", and "The Da Vinci Code" I may push this further, because of the research he does for his novels. But this one....WOW!! It wasn't stated, but was written between the lines. If anyone out there has read this...Please drop some feedback to this!! I really don't know what else to say......let me know?!?!

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Man I have'nt readthe Book but I readthe papers..does that count...and I've seen the docu twice...It was down to the threading on the fuel pipe's connection that gave way under the enormous pressure,it's not that hars to except or do you prefer to have the theory of a 9/11 connection..well I hope this won't spoil it for you..it's not why I'm posting it.this is exactly what happened..

US safety investigators have concluded that a disastrous explosion of vapours in a main fuel tank was the most likely cause of the crash of TWA Flight 800 in 1996, which claimed 230 lives.
The accident's cause has long been a mystery. Some suspect that the Jumbo jet, which crashed into the sea off the coast of the eastern United States, was brought down by a bomb or a missile. However, a senior aviation safety investigator, Dr Bernard Loeb, said investigators believe that sparks from wiring.following a power surge probably caused a huge explosion, bringing the jet down.
Dr Loeb was speaking at a meeting of the US National Transportation Safety Board, which is holding two days of public hearings on the draft final accident report. According to Dr Loeb, physical evidence "leads to the inescapable conclusion that the cause of the in-flight break-up of TWA Flight 800 was a fuel-air explosion inside the centre wing tank."
No conspiracy
He went on to discount theories that metal fatigue, a bomb, or even a missile might have brought the airliner down.
"The crash graphically demonstrates that even in one of the safest transportation systems in the world, things can go horribly wrong," added NTSB chairman Jim Hall. The meetings are intended to allow investigators to present their findings in detail in an attempt to finally lay the cause of the crash to rest.
Some conspiracy theorists contend that the US Government has covered up the real cause of the disaster. On Tuesday, one group calling itself the TWA Eyewitness Alliance, placed a full-page advertisement in the New York Times restating their claim that the plane was brought down by a missile.
No bomb evidence
Following the crash, some people reported seeing a streak of light shooting towards the jet seconds before the explosion.However, Dr Loeb discounted this, saying witnesses had probably seen a stream of fuel burning as the plane continued in flight for 30 seconds after the blast. Dr Loeb added that investigators had found no evidence of the distinctive signs of a missile or a bomb blast from the recovered wreckage.
"High energy explosions leave distinctive damage signatures such as severe pitting and cratering," he said.
"No such damage was found on any portion of the recovered aeroplane structure." During the meeting, Jim Hall attacked the conspiracy theorists, and called their claims of a cover-up a "grievous injustice".
Safety improvements
Investigators are also due to present recommendations of further safety improvements to Boeing 747s of the same type as Flight 800. Many modifications have been made to reduce the chances of a similar catastrophe since the crash.
But Dr Loeb said that wiring on some older models of the plane, the design of which is over 30 years old, still gave cause for concern. The final report is also expected to affect the outcomes of a further 175 outstanding compensation claims Boeing is facing from relatives of the crash victims. .

new topics

join