It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X Factor judge Redfoo glassed at Sydney hotel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
X FACTOR JUDGE REDFOO GLASSED AT SYDNEY HOTEL

X Factor judge Redfoo has been glassed at an eastern Sydney hotel overnight.
The 38-year-old singer and television reality show judge was treated by paramedics after a man threw a glass at him at the Golden Sheaf Hotel about 12:30am.

Redfoo was cut above his right eye during the alleged attack.

Police said his 21-year-old alleged attacker tried to run from the Double Bay pub but was stopped by security guards.

The man was charged with malicious wounding and will face court next month.
Link

"Glassings" and "King Hits" or "Coward Punches" have become all to common in Australia over the past few years, the youth is out of control.

I'm not a fan of the current music scene, but this is just uncalled for, it's barbaric and savage.

I hope they throw the book at this guy and anyone for that matter who carries out these cowardly acts of violence.

edit on Wed2187201480 by Dingo80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I don't like Redfoo and as much as the guy deserves the book thrown at him I'm sure he will be a celebrity himself once he is behind bars.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Dingo80
When I read the title I thought you meant he was all meth'd out. I never knew throwing a glass at someone was a "thing".

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

It doesn't matter if it's a celebrity or just the average Joe Citizen, it's dangerous to venture out into the Sydney, Melbourne or even Brisbane Night Clubs these days.

Glassing are very common these days and King Hits/Coward Punches/Sucker Punches have left many dead. Remember Cricket Legend David Hookes was Killed by a Bouncers King Hit.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fargoth
When I read the title I thought you meant he was all meth'd out. I never knew throwing a glass at someone was a "thing".

Yes this "thing" is Australia's shame, it's all to common - America has their Shootings, Britain has their Stabbings and Australia has their "Glassings".

The glass was thrown in this case, but usually it's walking up to an unsuspecting victim and smashing a glass in their face.

edit on Wed3587201480 by Dingo80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

You just can't stop stupid I guess.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Notwithstanding the thuggish act, but is this really a 'Glassing'... from the info...the glass was thrown...

'Glassing is a physical attack using a glass as a weapon. Glassing can occur at bars or pubs where alcohol is served, and a drinking glass or bottle is available as a weapon. The most common method of glassing involves the attacker smashing an intact glass in the face of the victim. However the glass may be smashed before the attack, and then gripped by the remaining base of the glass or neck of the bottle with the broken shards protruding outwards.'

But if the news sez its a 'glassing', and this Foo critter is a 'celeb', then im sure it will only help TPTB inflict more controls over ALL of us in everyday life. (in OZ anyways but coming to u soon)

(apologies dingo, see that u added what i was writing re glassing defn)
edit on C2014vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 27 Aug 2014 19:41:11 -050031PM7America/Chicago8 by CovertAgenda because: postnote

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Clearly this perp did not think Redfoo was really Sorry for Party Rocking...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
LOL

Nice to see AUS has taken the ghetto fav in america The Knockout Game and up the ante! lol

Also I learned something today

His name is redfoo, he is no longer just one of those retarded looking brothas w the horrid music.

Sure he sucks, but gives nobody the right to attack him, just let him fester.
edit on 27-8-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Hah haaa, heres to "raping Zebras on the front lawn".

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I didn't realize it was a thing before now either. Now that I do...

W T F ?

How did this become such a common thing that there's a slang term for it?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Australia should have glass laws.
Those things are dangerous and shouldn't be owned by private citizens, clearly they can't handle the responsibility.
Only the police and military should be able to have glass

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Funny you should say that,

Deputy Premier John Rau today announced he will introduce legislation to State Parliament next week to allow Commissioner Paul White to deal with "rogue'' licensed venues where recurring or serious alcohol and public safety issues occur.

However, the State Government is unable to ban shots, free-drink promotions, highly alcoholic beverages or the use of glassware in pubs and clubs until 4am because of a glitch in legislation.

www.adelaidenow.com.au... problem-drinking-and-violence/story-e6frea83-1226653247078

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dingo80

originally posted by: Fargoth

Yes this "thing" is Australia's shame, it's all to common - America has their Shootings, Britain has their Stabbings and Australia has their "Glassings".

The glass was thrown in this case, but usually it's walking up to an unsuspecting victim and smashing a glass in their face.

Between getting shot or having a glass broke on my face... it's a toss-up. I'm thinking I'd opt for the lead.

I keep thinking of Bigby in Trainspotting... that scene was horrible.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
Australia should have glass laws.
Those things are dangerous and shouldn't be owned by private citizens, clearly they can't handle the responsibility.
Only the police and military should be able to have glass

Yes - Drunken Australians can't be trusted with Glass

In response to glassing violence, the Government of Western Australia in 2011 made recommendations to the state hospitality industry on the use of tempered glass in hotels. The state government and the Australian Hotels Association created a self-regulatory program on the rollout of tempered glass in pubs, with most hotels and bars expected to change over to tempered beer glasses in six to 12 months. Royal Perth Hospital's head of plastic surgery Mark Duncan-Smith described it as an important step in protecting the public.

In relation to continuing glassing incidents despite limited glass bans in Queensland, Australia, state Liquor Licensing Minister Paul Lucas in 2011 predicted that almost all Queensland pubs and clubs would be (standard) glass free in 10 years.
Link

How sad is that?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I wasn't being serious, this

In response to glassing violence, the Government of Western Australia in 2011 made recommendations to the state hospitality industry on the use of tempered glass in hotels. The state government and the Australian Hotels Association created a self-regulatory program on the rollout of tempered glass in pubs, with most hotels and bars expected to change over to tempered beer glasses in six to 12 months. Royal Perth Hospital's head of plastic surgery Mark Duncan-Smith described it as an important step in protecting the public. In relation to continuing glassing incidents despite limited glass bans in Queensland, Australia, state Liquor Licensing Minister Paul Lucas in 2011 predicted that almost all Queensland pubs and clubs would be (standard) glass free in 10 years.

is just...wow
poor Aussies

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Australians cant be trusted with their fists either, maybe we should start chopping all offenders hands off?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Australians cant be trusted with their fists either, maybe we should start chopping all offenders hands off?

But then they might get Hooks and that will just make the situation worse.

X Factor judge Redfoo "Hooked" at Sydney hotel - Nasty.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
this is bull#, a 1cm cut from a thrown glass does not pass as a glassing in Australia..but then again he is American and a D grade tv personality.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
this is bull#, a 1cm cut from a thrown glass does not pass as a glassing in Australia..but then again he is American and a D grade tv personality.

Yeah it's pretty petty.. I know a guy who left a someone with 64 stitches across his face from a beer pot, that is a glassing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join