It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cannabis Conspiracy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: toastyr

I'm just saying that they'd be a benefit in my book. I didn't say they happen. Reminds me of when I was in health class back in high school and they were talking about marijuana. The teacher said not to mix marijuana and alcohol because it amplifies the effects of both, and I thought to myself, "Wait, why is that a negative? Sounds like I could accomplish the same goal with less from both."

This is how propaganda is created yelling a benefit at you like it is a negative.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Unless you put in moral obligation and respect for other people which a lot of people do not have, not everything has to be a written rule, it should be possible for everyone to follow the unwritten very simple rules, but sometimes it' just has to be written.

Silly people silly rules/ laws.

But we've shown now with both Prohibition AND the War on Drugs and through making prostitution, gambling, and any other number of "moral" issues illegal that when you put them on paper it just creates a giant money sink where money goes to illegitimate businesses that since they operate outside of the law create ACTUAL crime (you know the violent kind), when in reality if they were legal and better regulated (if government intervention is TRULY necessary) it would do FAR more for society's prosperity.

Besides who are you to tell what is and isn't moral? Where do you get your moral code from and what makes it superior to my moral code? If we can agree that we shouldn't be injuring other people or their property, how can you get off telling me I can't use my own body that I was born with how I want to use it?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: centhwevir1979

Sounds like whoever wrote it is completely out of touch with cannabis culture.

Absolutely not, unfortunately we can't talk about personal use.

I don't know too many guys mixing in tobacco and I certainly would not use that myself.

Everyone do where i live.

I didn't mention smoking specifically

You answered my answer to another person were we talked about smoking you mentioned nicotine, as far as i know people only ingest nicotine from smoking/ vapor.

The pure active components of cannabis, especially when refined, are a potent punch in the face of cancer cells.

Irrelevant when talking about legalizing for public use, relevant for medicinal use two sides of topic.

The arguments in favor of tobacco and against cannabis are so paper thin

True, i didn't start it

Guess who finances these "weed is as toxic as tobacco" studies? Big tobacco? Big surprise!

Absolutely wrong, the tobacco companies would love to see cannabis go legal, so they could get their hands on the money made from selling, it's a smoking hot business for them.
edit on 22-8-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Unless you put in moral obligation and respect for other people which a lot of people do not have, not everything has to be a written rule, it should be possible for everyone to follow the unwritten very simple rules, but sometimes it' just has to be written.

But we've shown now with both Prohibition AND the War on Drugs and through making prostitution, gambling, and any other number of "moral" issues illegal that when you put them on paper it just creates a giant money sink where money goes to illegitimate businesses that since they operate outside of the law create ACTUAL crime (you know the violent kind), when in reality if they were legal and better regulated (if government intervention is TRULY necessary) it would do FAR more for society's prosperity.

Besides who are you to tell what is and isn't moral? Where do you get your moral code from and what makes it superior to my moral code? If we can agree that we shouldn't be injuring other people or their property, how can you get off telling me I can't use my own body that I was born with how I want to use it?

Wait, wasn't it you who just told me how bad alcohol and tobacco is, they are legal and a huge problem.

I'm not telling anyone what to do or not, i'm just having a discussion where i mention what would be right or not right

You can do wharever with your body as long as it's not hurting other peoples health or wallet.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

That is why I am a proud member of LEAP...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Wait, wasn't it you who just told me how bad alcohol and tobacco is, they are legal and a huge problem.

No I acknowledged that they were worse than marijuana. It is a hypocrisy to have recreational drugs such as those two (might as well throw caffeine in there as well, so three) being perfectly legal while a popular drug that is not only less harmful but has been shown to be medically beneficial for you be illegal. BUT at no time did I EVER advocate for tobacco or alcohol to be illegal.

I'm not telling anyone what to do or not, i'm just having a discussion where i mention what would be right or not right

And I'm saying that that is subjective. What you consider right and what I consider right are two different things. So the only thing we should as rational adults agree on is not to hurt the other person. So those are the only "can'ts" that a government should be telling us to do.

You can do wharever with your body as long as it's not hurting other peoples health or wallet.

I agree, but you can't use that line of reasoning with socialized health care. Like I said, socialized health care comes with implicit context that you help pay for the health concerns of EVERYONE regardless of what brought them to the hospital. If you don't like it, then don't implement socialized health care. Freedom is freedom, and repressing someone through health care benefits is no different than repressing them through violence or hate speech.
edit on 22-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
This plant is not only the key to our freedom, It's also entirely unlikely this plant was formed by nature.

If I'm not mistaking, it is the only plant that you can tell if it is male or female, just by looking at it.
It truly is one of a kind. A solution to many of the Earths problems.
Too bad some reeaallly smart, reeaally greedy rich guys shut it down and charged more money for inferior, less-recyclable, harder to produce (and with more polution) products for the past hundred years.
Don't forget about the fantastic, edible seeds of the hemp plant. Pretty good for you.

Hemp seeds contain all the essential amino acids and essential fatty acids necessary to maintain healthy human life. No other single plant source has the essential amino acids in such an easily digestible form, nor has the essential fatty acids in as perfect a ratio to meet human nutritional needs. It also contains Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, and Sodium. Sixty-five percent of the protein content in hempseed is in the form of globulin edestin, so that it can actually be used by the body in its raw state (unlike that in soybeans, which have to be cooked or sprouted). Hemp’s ratio of Omega 6 to Omega 3 fatty acids is about 4:1 which mirrors the primitive diet the human race evolved on for 2.5 million years.
From "Mountain Rose Herbs"

Literally, "One of a Kind"

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

That is why I am a proud member of LEAP...

Great.
I love this. It is so true (not to mention very close to what I've been saying for months)

LEAP - Why Legalize Drugs?

We believe that drug prohibition is the true cause of much of the social and personal damage that has historically been attributed to drug use. It is prohibition that makes these drugs so valuable – while giving criminals a monopoly over their supply. Driven by the huge profits from this monopoly, criminal gangs bribe and kill each other, law enforcers, and children. Their trade is unregulated and they are, therefore, beyond our control.

History has shown that drug prohibition reduces neither use nor abuse. After a rapist is arrested, there are fewer rapes. After a drug dealer is arrested, however, neither the supply nor the demand for drugs is seriously changed. The arrest merely creates a job opening for an endless stream of drug entrepreneurs who will take huge risks for the sake of the enormous profits created by prohibition. Prohibition costs taxpayers tens of billions of dollars every year, yet 40 years and some 40 million arrests later, drugs are cheaper, more potent and far more widely used than at the beginning of this futile crusade.

We believe that by eliminating prohibition of all drugs for adults and establishing appropriate regulation and standards for distribution and use, law enforcement could focus more on crimes of violence, such as rape, aggravated assault, child abuse and murder, making our communities much safer. We believe that sending parents to prison for non-violent personal drug use destroys families. We believe that in a regulated and controlled environment, drugs will be safer for adult use and less accessible to our children. And we believe that by placing drug abuse in the hands of medical professionals instead of the criminal justice system, we will reduce rates of addiction and overdose deaths.

edit on 22-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

It should be noted that hemp is a strain of cannabis, not the gender of the plant. In order a plant to have seeds there has to be male and female plants(or just 1 hermaphrodite*). The plants that bear the flowing buds and seeds are female.

There seems to be some confusion here about plant gender here.

*those will likely be sub-par seeds

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Well, at least you didn't try to claim that tobacco has any medicinal value in a human body, I'll give you that. The bottom line: cannabis contains medicine, tobacco does not.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

That is not true.

Niacin has some medical value and it is derived from nicotine. I have used a homemade tobacco paste to help the swelling and pain from a wasp sting.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Nicotine does not cause cancer. Smoking may but there are many other chemicals added in cigarettes. Some may be added to keep smokers addicted and some to slow down combustion. Nicotine is also being studied as nit reduces flare ups of of Ulcerative Colitis.

research has shown that it isn't the nicotine that kills you. It's the tar and the rat poison that does that. Nicotine in fact offers a range of health benefits that are quite beneficial to human functioning.

Nicotine Health Benefits

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I find it ironic that people are ignoring my first post because it contains negative sides of cannabis, but i guess they forgot to scroll down and see the positives are there to.

It's two things out of one, you can't ignore the negative part just because it's negative, and funny thing is everyone will accept the positive part from the same article but not the negative.

Now, i didn't post it to show the negative part, i just posted for showing both and all i have been addressed with from members is the negative part or comparison with alcohol and tobacco.

I call that denial...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: fernalley

Seems the benefits don't outweigh the risk, as nicotine without tar or additives is still toxic:

www.webmd.com...

health.usnews.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.nlm.nih.gov...

medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Remind Me sometime and I'll tell You about working "Special Investigations" during the 'drug war' and specifically the "Crack War" Now, mind it is just one beat cop's opinion that worked in a California multi-cultural, multi-ethnic community that once led the nation in homicide per capita... It is ALL a $$ game.. same guys make it going "up" make it going "down"..

Why prisons now are a $3B a year industry..

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: knightsofcydonia

What is there to defend? Smoking is bad for one's health, regardless of the substance smoked!

There is no evidence that the plant itself is a carcinogen.

Then vape it. A whole new industry is already out there to avoid the smoking part.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Truth be told the U.S. Government owns the patent on cannabis

Here is link to all patents with scientific results for them in great detail

US Patent for Cannabis

edit on 22-8-2014 by tow69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: nfflhome

originally posted by: jrod

What is there to defend? Smoking is bad for one's health, regardless of the substance smoked!

There is no evidence that the plant itself is a carcinogen.

Then vape it. A whole new industry is already out there to avoid the smoking part.

Or eat it, completely removing any lung diseases, use it as a herb

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Nicotine can be absorbed using patches which are sold by pharmaceuticals .As well as gums and sprays. So nicotine is available without a prescription even.
E-cigs also have nicotine as well as PG and VG but until the pharmaceuticals get their hands on that market they will be semi outlawed.

Nicotine Patch May Offer Some Benefit to Those with Ulcerative Colitis
Reply to centhwevir1979
edit on 22-8-2014 by fernalley because: forgot reply

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Someone even posted links in this very thread earlier that says it isn't as bad as cigarette smoke and can even expand your lungs. So you currently need to produce something that discredits that claim.

p.s. discussing personal use is forbidden on ATS, even in these topics.

Here is a research report from the American Chemical Society.

www.sciencedaily.com...

"Source:

American Chemical Society

Summary:

Here's another reason to "keep off the grass." Researchers report that marijuana smoke contains significantly higher levels of several toxic compounds -- including ammonia and hydrogen cyanide -- than tobacco smoke and may therefore pose similar health risks. The scientists found that ammonia levels were 20 times higher in the marijuana smoke than in the tobacco smoke, while hydrogen cyanide, nitric oxide and certain aromatic amines occurred at levels 3-5 times higher in the marijuana smoke, they say."

Also, regarding dependency & addiction:

"Although some people question the conceptof marijuana dependence or addiction, diagnostic, epidemiological, laboratory,and clinical studies clearly indicate that the condition exists, is important, andcauses harm (Budney, 2006; Budney and Hughes, 2006; Copeland, 2004; Roffmanand Stephens, 2006)."

archives.drugabuse.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join