It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cannabis Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Yo, know. If it was legal, people would be getting along, munching, talking about ideas and ways of life, and being merry all day.

Instead of alcohol and royal rumbles in the bar.

God made weed, and Man made Booze. Who do you trust?

lol i like that buddy. its just a matter of time before its legal through out the whole united states. the time will come my friends

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If I want to kill myself through self-destructive behavior then that is my decision as an adult to make. If I want to over imbibe in marijuana, alcohol, tobacco, some other drug; that is MY decision and MY decision alone to make.

Well, as long as you don't cause trouble for everyone else and live in a society with free healthcare.
Free health care means, everyone pays for everyone else incl. your self,
If you poison yourself with whatever means, others incl. yourself pays, if a lot of people choose to poison themself with whatever means, it can become very costly, i live in such a society.

Beyond that i really couldn't care less if it's legalized or not, i just posted what everyone should know incl. the bad sides, which is a big part of legalizing it.

edit on 22-8-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

Smoking is unhealthy no matter what you smoke so comparing tobacco to cannabis is same same.

Nicotine causes cancer. Cannabis cures cancer. Same same? Not not.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ShaeTheShaman

Not only that, a lot of the left over hemp branches could be used to make paper and clothes.

Hell, George Washington even had his own hemp plantation. Hell, and Im not even American.

edit on 22-8-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: centhwevir1979

Smoking is unhealthy no matter what you smoke so comparing tobacco to cannabis is same same.

Nicotine causes cancer. Cannabis cures cancer. Same same? Not not.

Easy now there, it's just not proven yet, nicotine is only one of the toxins, we are talking about smoking here.

CLICK ME

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I have gotten so tired of hemp propaganda over the years.

I just have a simple solution to the whole mess. Legalize hemp in all its forms except personal, non-prescription consumption. If you're caught with a tiny amount on you that you are reasonably assumed to be using to get high, then you get an instant 10 years in prison.

How's that sound? I mean, if hemp is so great, and it's not at all about getting high, then it shouldn't be a problem.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Making any plant illegal without actually testing it is absurd at best. Has a Cannabis plant ever jumped out of the ground and attacked anyone? Its humans who should be banned for the atrocities we have committed. No plant should ever be deemed harmful or "evil". It just may hold the key to saving lives. And Hemp is the greatest plant on Earth period.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Hemp and cannabis "are two different things", so it could easily be seperated.

Actually you can grow all the hemp you want, though it comes with some silly side effects.

CLICK ME

Since there are so many differences between industrial hemp and high-THC marijuana, it seems to make sense that it would be a fostered, rather than demonized crop. Although technically hemp is not illegal to grow, it requires obtaining a special permit from the DEA. These permits are rarely given out and require that the crop be surrounded by security measures such as fences, razor wire, security guards, or dogs. For a crop that has little-to-no potential to get people high, the current attitude is both irresponsible and draconian.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Cannabis is very non-toxic and there is no evidence that shows it is a carcinogen. There is actually an abundant amount of evidence that suggest that certain chemicals within the plant may even help shrink tumors.

Smoking is unhealthy for a person. This falls in the common sense category. Because someone smokes said plant and later develops complications from smoke inhalation it is not the plant that caused those complications, it is the SMOKE!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

If I want to kill myself through self-destructive behavior then that is my decision as an adult to make. If I want to over imbibe in marijuana, alcohol, tobacco, some other drug; that is MY decision and MY decision alone to make.

Well, as long as you don't cause trouble for everyone else and live in a society with free healthcare.
Free health care means, everyone pays for everyone else incl. your self,
If you poison yourself with whatever means, others incl. yourself pays, if a lot of people choose to poison themself with whatever means, it can become very costly, i live in such a society.

Beyond that i really couldn't care less if it's legalized or not, i just posted what everyone should know incl. the bad sides, which is a big part of legalizing it.

If the bad sides were evident enough you'd be preaching to the choir right?

I know tons of folks who have been smokers their entire lives. None have had ANY side effects from doing so. In fact the only negative things they've encountered is prosecution by authorities.

You wouldn't come on here and warn of the negative effects of alcohol would you?

You wouldn't need to would you? We all know the horrible things alcohol brings about because no one here hasn't experienced the destruction it can bring upon our family and friends at one time or another.

I lost my dad due to "acute alcohol poisoning" in 2004. He was 42 years old.

I would have my dad if he would have chosen mary over vodka.

In fact in the year before he died he tried mary again for the 1st time since high school. He laid down the bottle and was alcohol free for 6 straight months. His dealer was arrested and he couldn't find anyone else to get it for him.

He picked that bottle back up. 6 months later I got the phone call.

I'm sick of this ignorant ass attitude of people who want to piss on the parade.

If it helps people even a little bit...if it can save but a few lives...legalize it.

edit on 8/22/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

Because we can't talk about personal use i can't answer you

Though i can say i come from a alcoholic childhood....Twice, and both my mom and dad died from cancer both were "CENSORED SORRY" and got cancer anyway.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Sorry that is a false analogy. Are you going to be telling me I can't go eat fast food now or sugar or fried food? Because all those things are unhealthy for you. Because you frankly, EVERYTHING on the planet is eventually toxic to you. It's a fact of life that everyone dies. You will grow unhealthy and it will be because of a number of factors. Blaming it solely on substances such as marijuana, tobacco, fast foods is fine and all, but using that as an excuse to make them illegal is pure idiocy and anti-freedom. Socialized health care doesn't get to tell people what they can and can't put in their bodies. If society insists on having that apparatus, then it needs to bear the brunt of what people do to themselves. Health care is health care regardless if it was accidental or intentional.
edit on 22-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
##SNIPPED##

But beware that new evidence suggests marijuana is highly addictive and there are also certain levels of toxins that are prevelant in higher amounts than ciggarette smoke.

This is the painful truth my friends. I study biological psychology and we previously thought there was only a risk of mental dependency but new information has been gathered..

You can defend it all you want, but i've found the worse the addiction is the harder people defend it.
edit on Fri Aug 22 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: personal use removed Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: knightsofcydonia

What is there to defend? Smoking is bad for one's health, regardless of the substance smoked!

There is no evidence that the plant itself is a carcinogen.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: knightsofcydonia

You have sources for any of this? Sorry I don't take the credibility of some person on a conspiracy website very seriously. If what you are saying is true, where are the scientific studies that say it is true? Someone even posted links in this very thread earlier that says it isn't as bad as cigarette smoke and can even expand your lungs. So you currently need to produce something that discredits that claim. Your word as an ATS poster isn't good enough

p.s. discussing personal use is forbidden on ATS, even in these topics.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I've been around many people who smoke a lot, I'd have to say hallucinations are non existent, I'd have to see some proof of that one.

Anxiety and paranoia? Absent when I'm in CO but goes way up when I'm in an illegal state and I know I can get in big trouble if caught.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: JimNasium

Also police unions. Here is a report about the top 5.

The Top Five Special Interest Groups Lobbying To Keep Marijuana Illegal

1.) Police Unions
2.) Private Prisons Corporations
3.) Alcohol and Beer Companies
4.) Pharmaceutical Corporations
5.) Prison Guard Unions

Well, don't want to put the dears out of business? Nothing to police, nobody to put in prison? Imagine.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Unless you put in moral obligation and respect for other people which a lot of people do not have, not everything has to be a written rule, it should be possible for everyone to follow the unwritten very simple rules, but sometimes it' just has to be written.

Silly people silly rules/ laws.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

In addition, cannabis is often mixed with tobacco when smoked. One of these carcinogens is benzyprene. Benzyprene is in the tar of both tobacco and cannabis cigarettes. We know that benzyprene causes cancer.

That's from your link. Sounds like whoever wrote it is completely out of touch with cannabis culture. I don't know too many guys mixing in tobacco and I certainly would not use that myself. Also, I didn't mention smoking specifically. Many cannabis users enjoy it without the tar, and as such without the benzyprene. The pure active components of cannabis, especially when refined, are a potent punch in the face of cancer cells. There is no single component in tobacco which can be refined as medicine. The arguments in favor of tobacco and against cannabis are so paper thin. Guess who finances these "weed is as toxic as tobacco" studies? Big tobacco? Big surprise!

oh, lol, and this:

People inhale cannabis smoke for longer than cigarette smoke. This is to get the full effect of the cannabis. But it means that the smoke is in contact with the lungs for longer.

The cigarette smokers I know can't go 30 min without a cigarette. Most smokers are pack-a-day smokers. Conversely, you can do one dab of 90% pure thc and be fine for six hours, greatly reducing the actual contact withe the lungs, quite in contrary to that last ridiculous quote.
edit on 22-8-2014 by centhwevir1979 because: More laughs...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: toastyr

100% of the paranoia comes from the fact that thugs with guns might want to lock you up in a cage, there is no physiological basis for paranoia as a result of the actual consumption of cannabis. It's all in the subtle way our minds are conditioned by our society at large.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join