It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liveleak Stops Showing IS 'Beheading' Videos

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
a reply to: VoidHawk

While I will agree that there are those that "want" to see such things, I would also say that not all of us desire to see such things, but that we cannot willing take the word of ANYONE. A sort of "seeing is believing" mentality that is a flaw of mine, in particular, perhaps.

While I do not want or desire to see such things, this is the world I live in and I must be prepared for the worst. I cannot imagine much worse, so....

I hear many claim that "you don't need to see it to know what is going on".....well, yeah. But am I just to take the word of others that it happened? Where does that lead?
....it leads to the ability to LIE to me and claim that a thing happened when it didn't or is "iffy".....

(I'm still half asleep and this post is probably horribly written.....but I would imagine the jest of it can be discerned.)

That being said, yes, those that seek out this kind of thing for the sake of a quick "thrill" or "scare" like it is some f'n horror flick outta hollywood.....yes, f'n SICK! ......However, I am not those people and I do not view such things for those purposes...

Hi.
"Seeing is believing" is fine. And I certainly don't agree with our media being censored! But I think there's rather a lot of people out there that seek such images just for the thrill and I find that appalling and I wonder if thats why liveleak removed the vid?
If I was in their position I really dont know what I'd do!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

But they did the editing, it wasn't edited by an outside company, America didn't edit it. The released it like that no one else. I've seen the original it is filmed and edited just like that nothings different. That's why I think the video is suspect. I'm sorry, I'm not an expert or anything close to it but I dont believe that this happened.

I can see it myself, and you can check my other posts, I'm not someone who likes to label everything as fake or being a conspiracy but it just seems to strange that its shot like this, NO BLOOD when the knife begins to cut, the knife doesn't even look the type that could cut through FLESH, MUSCLE AND BONE. Foley doesn't do anything when the begin to 'cut' into his neck, he doesn't scream, he doesnt make a sound he doesn't even flinch he just remains completely still. then they fade out and fade back up and there doesn't seem to be a lot of blood near the neck which there should be because its got a lot of major arteries there, and the head just looks like its is someone in a deep hole resting their head on the body.

It's just strange is all oh and yes you're right about the whole using an American to effect Americans but I just cant believe what we saw the video is happening for real. I'm glad we can be on a website where we get to disagree and I truly respect your opinion on the matter but I have to stick to my gut instinct and say that this didn't happen (Also its being reported that they let an American reporter go after two years - That's strange for me also, why would they do that after already killing an American and knowing what effect its had?)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Danny85

So they censored themselves, what is so hard for people to understand about that?

As has been pointed out on another thread, the video may not show the beginning of the actual beheading, they my have stopped for some reason(after the fade) and then did the real execution afterwards, there are a few reasons why this may have been done, it could've taken several people to hold Foley down for example.

If you care to go and look at images of beheadings online you'll see that the final image of Foley is consistent with a typical beheading, sometimes there is blood everywhere, sometimes there is not as much blood, near the body, as one would expect. Same goes for the knife, there's plenty of images and footage showing knives of this size being used.

I still hold that they did not show the actual beheading in the final 'cut' of the video for deliberate reasons, such as public revulsion.

edit on 25-8-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
These beheading videos, are reminiscent of the Nigerian Email Scam...

Purposely designed, to attract those who are - "less discerning."

edit on 29-8-2014 by SkyLiner because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join