It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dresden Files by Jim Butcher Discussion Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hello.
Figured I'd start a Dresden Files discussion thread.
It will be dated though.
If you have not read the series it will include discussion on current happenings within the series.
So, if you have not read as far as the most recent book (Skin Game), here be spoilers.

I have two topics to start with.
1) I wish Cat Sith hadn't gotten all outsider infected. I think that his interaction with Dresden as his batman would've been an interesting dynamic to watch as it panned out.

2) I think Harry and Murphy will end up together, only to end up apart. With Harry ultimately ending up with Molly. Thanks in no small part to the mantles they both now bear. I get that idea because Michael, someone who seems to know Harry better than himself noticed Harry's reactions when Murphy was hurt. Noticing he wasn't as mad as he would be otherwise. Another, as I said, the Winter Mantles. Still another, the fact that Molly carries a rather large torch for Harry. The Mantle will make her want to act. And there is really only so long she can fight it.

Feel free to add topics. Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I've never read the books but enjoyed the short lived TV series. How many books are there and are they still being written?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I HATED the TV series.

Book 1 - Storm Front
Book 2 - Fool Moon
Book 3 - Grave Peril
Book 4 - Summer Knight
Book 5 - Death Masks
Book 6 - Blood Rites
Book 7 - Dead Beat
Book 8 - Proven Guilty
Book 9 - White Night
Book 10 - Small Favor
Book 11 - Turn Coat
Book 12 - Changes
Book 12a - Side Jobs
Book 13 - Ghost Story
Book 14 - Cold Days
Book 15 - Skin Game
Book 16 - TBD
Book 17 - TBD
Book 18 - TBD
Book 19 - TBD
Book 20 - TBD
**end of case type books**
Book 21 - apocalyptic trilogy #1
Book 22 - apocalyptic trilogy #2
Book 23 - apocalyptic trilogy #3

It's still going strong.

edit on 16-8-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I have read up to book 11. So I will pop back into this thread whenever I catch up to the latest book.

Oh and the TV show was horrible compared to the books. Just dreadful. Now if I never read the books I think I would of enjoyed the show. But I did so......

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

I'm a fan and found out about it from the tv show, so I do owe thanks to the show and I did like it as is prior to having read any books. I look forward to each and every new book!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Ohh goody, a whole new books series to read. Life is good walking on two legs.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I enjoyed them quite a bit until the one where he came back as a ghost. Felt a little "jump the shark", didn't make it through it...did they get better again?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Can't really say.
I enjoyed Ghost Story.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I am just popping in to say that I LOVE the Dresden Files books. The idea of a wizard private investigator is just superb, and the books contain just the right ratio of gumshoe to magic spells, to make the two genres come together in a very impressive and pleasing manner.

With regard to the way it is panning out at the moment, and particularly to how the character development has been going, I am happy enough to let the thing run its course, and expect nothing. I will enjoy what DOES happen all the more that way!

new topics

top topics

join