It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek: Axanar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
My search-fu turned up diddly, so I'm going to assume this isn't posted anywhere yet.

Have any of our Trekkies heard about this indie movie project yet? Star Trek: Axanar surrounds the Battle of Axanar, and if the finished product is anything at all like the teaser mini-docu, it's gonna rock.

“Axanar” takes place 21 years before the events of “Where no Man Has Gone Before”, the first Kirk episode of the original Star Trek. Axanar is the story of Garth of Izar, the legendary Starfleet captain who is Captain Kirk’s hero. Kirk himself called Garth the model for all future Starfleet Officers. Garth charted more planets than any other Captain and was the hero of the Battle of Axanar, the story of which is required reading at the academy. This is that story.

“Axanar” tells the story of Garth and his crew during the Four Years War, the war with the Klingon Empire that almost tore the Federation apart. Garth’s victory at Axanar solidified the Federation and allowed it to become the entity we know in Kirk’s time.

From the official site.

I'm giddy to see Gary Graham reprise his role as Soval, I thought he did a simply fabulous job portraying him in Enterprise & really wish he'd been written in more than he was.
Aside from him, I'm simply astounded by the quality of the CG, that deserves some seriously high praise right there
edit on 8/16/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/16/2014 by Nyiah because: Ah, found the full 20-minute mock docu

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Looks amazingly good. can't wait to see the full film.
Thanks for posting, otherwise i would have had no idea.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I was going to post this myself but forgot, doh!, I watched it the day it became available and must say it's one of the best fan made Star Trek show's yet. Axanar was really good and having Tony Todd (excellent in DS9's The Visitor) and JG Hertzler (General Martok) on board made it even better for me, I look forward to the movie.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Looks awesome! Right up my alley!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Awesome !

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This looks seriously good. The time frame is a good setting too. Take that JJ!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up [ massive fan ] looks good

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is awesome! Can't wait!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Ahhh, I'm so desperate for a new ST anything that I've watched this 2 more times, lol. For a teaser (or proof of concept?) this back-story really sucks you in. And listening to JG Hertzler talk doesn't hurt any, that man has a great voice. Tony Todd, too, I'm tempted to go rewatch The Visitor.

edit on 8/17/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

While I thoroughly enjoyed the teaser, I liked the idea of the interviews of the participants of the battle.

But some other questions did come to mind.

Who will play those who took part in the battle? After all, the interviews take place twenty years after the fact.

And while the CGI is great, the audience will need some drama and strategy otherwise it will get old fast.

Combining the three though I think it has a great chance at being a outstanding flick.

new topics

top topics

join