It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Guy Who Invented Pop-Up Ads Says 'I'm Sorry'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

"I wrote the code to launch the window and run an ad in it," Zuckerman wrote. "I’m sorry. Our intentions were good."

Those intentions, he explains, were originally to hide a banner ad that a big car company didn't realize it had bought on a sexually explicit website. It was too late to remove the ad from the site, so Zuckerman created an ad to pop up over it and hide it. Little did he know how pervasive pop-ups would become.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Apology not accepted! Jk.. My pop-up-blocker on my Mac actually works pretty good, so I don't really see too many pop ups these days... well, aside from that dang Dodge Ram add i constantly get here on ATS

At least the guy is trying to apologize though, not that some other coder wouldn't have figured it out eventually anyways...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SUBKONCIOUS

That bastard

Ad's run the World economy today, if we removed them all, the world would be broke in minutes.
Money made from nothing....

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Now if only the person who invented windows 8 would do the same

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Do we know yet if they are sticking with the same format or going back on thw next one? Windows 8 shouldve been tablet only. Its garbage.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

Do we know yet if they are sticking with the same format or going back on thw next one? Windows 8 shouldve been tablet only. Its garbage.

Im with you a 100%

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

Im with you a 100%

Ditto.

I haven't seen a pop-up ad for a long time now. Thankfully.
edit on 16-8-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Ahh the days of pop up ads, I remember them!!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Im wondering if windows 8.2 will be the windows that only works when you click on adds, all the other times its slow and jams.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Supposedly, Windows 9 will be a much better hybrid. We'll see.

On Topic: As well he should be sorry. Though as stated above. Someone else would have come up with it. Or worse.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Ad blockers work great for those who don't have them.

Currently running adblock plus on my machine.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I accept your apology good sir. I also apologize for hating you every second of every day for years upon years. Also for all the voodoo dolls I made of you and the guy who invented reality TV.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
I accept your apology good sir. I also apologize for hating you every second of every day for years upon years. Also for all the voodoo dolls I made of you and the guy who invented reality TV.

No this is too much i cant forgive the person who invented reality TV, I want them to suffer SUFFER SUFFER

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow
Windows Hate is garbage in tablets and phones also. Everyone I know that had either a tablet or phone has switched back to android.

top topics

join