It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are at it again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: VoidHawk

I see. Well it's not necessary to teach anything to a child then. If they want to learn, they can seek it on their own. How dare you force your beliefs about knowledge and what the proper knowledge to have is on them?

Oh come on, that is NOT what I said and you well know it!!!!

originally posted by: ketsuko
but I would also argue that a lack of faith is also crippling in its own way and hampers a child's ability to function in society.
Examples please?

Concerning faith I'll ask the question again.
Why cant your child be free to make up their own mind?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
They're not true Christians and I'm happy that a lot of people won't let the media persuade them into seeing them as representative as most Christians. They're representative of misinformed people forgetting that we're all brothers and sisters regardless of who we are. People sadly buying into false doctrine.

And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” John 8:7 (I'm far from being without sin so I try hard not to throw stones even at those who preach and believe in prejudice)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: lucifuge

The trouble with a disreputable bunch like the Westboro Bigot Committee, is that their particular brand of offensive, and hateful "protest", is passive aggressive in its outworking. By that I mean, that these people ABUSE their right to free speech, rather than just using it. By behaving as they do, with intolerable hate speech, but without actually ACTING against the physical persons of those they target in their little field trips, they incite tension and unrest in others, while maintaining a legal high ground, despite the obvious intent of their actions.

Essentially, they are baiting the nation of which they are citizens, trolling the entire USA, and indeed persons from all over the globe, by their actions and words. I think it would play right into their delusion for someone to actually take action against them in a physical manner. I have seen behavior like this before. When I was at school, there was a kid who for the first three years of senior school, would square up to me every day, swear at me, insult me, and never quite got to landing a blow on me. For three years I put up with his crap, and aside from the odd elbow in the ribs, he never touched me with ill intent, but he certainly made every effort to prod and poke and rip at every scab on my psyche, with carefully measured doses of verbal and psychological abuse.

One day, he called my sister a slut in... was it a mathematics class, or a German class? Mathematics I think... anyway, I pretty much went cold, waited for him to turn around and concentrate on his work, stood up, walked around behind him, then strangled him half to death with his own tie. He went a horrid shade of purple before his tie broke.

Now, my high school was a bloodbath, and compared with some of the crap that went on in that place, it features very low on the scale of severity, as an incident, but what I did was technically wrong. Legally, it was certainly wrong, although nothing ever came of it, since much more serious incidents got swept under rugs at my old school, and this was no exception. The only effect it had, was to make me very angry with myself, and (somewhat more positively) no one screwed with me for the next two years. The fellow himself never even looked me in the eye again.

Should I have done what I did faced with that level of provocation? No. However, should the fellow have been able to get away with harassing me for three years? No. So where does one draw the line, how does one address this passive aggressive sort of behaviour, without giving up the moral high ground? I think the answer is, that if we are to have freedom of speech in the developed world, then communities and demographics have to grow thicker skins against purely verbal baiting. I realised that my reaction to continual provocation, was improper, and although every cell in my body wanted to see that guy choke on his crushed larynx at the time, that was because I was not collected enough, not serene enough by that point to realise that by acting against him, I probably did more harm than good, to myself, and indeed to the community of which I was a part at the time.

The Westboro mob alienate themselves further from their local community, and indeed their fellow countrymen, with every utterance which falls from their mouths, and make pariah out of themselves at every rally they attend. If someone were to attack them physically, that would strengthen their twisted image of themselves, as the last bastion of righteousness, and may result in legal action being bought against people who acted out of entirely justified indignation and disgust at their poor conduct.

Just a word on the precise issue at hand though...

Robin Williams was a good man. He had problems, just like the rest of us, and he dealt with some of them poorly over the years, just like the rest of us, and just like the rest of us will at some point, he was faced with two serious diseases, depression and Parkinsons disease. He was being faced by the cold reality of his mortality, and for whatever reason, abandoned his flesh. In short he was human, and no person on Earth has the right to judge him in the way that the Westboro bunch have. By the word of the God that those people claim to love and follow, it is GODS right and HIS alone to judge the souls of mankind, their worth, their quality. By installing themselves as judges of human souls, these people abandon the very faith that they claim to uphold by their vile spew.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
how is canada and usa different in respects to wanting some bad people to die lol, i thought that was global.
besides all i want is someone to "accidentally" drive through their protest, god will save them right? a reply to: mysterioustranger

edit on p2408p31Fri, 15 Aug 2014 09:24:08 -0500249908 by pimptriggs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
lol cry some more baby, im simply making a point, these people should be eradicated. how are they any different, they are condemning one of the greatest comedians to hell because he liked to do things to make use laugh. that's ridiculous, how dare you stick up for those low life's, a reply to: mysterioustranger

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

They have the right to be be their hateful selves. I just feel bad for the children. They are being spoon fed spiritual poison 24/7. That kind of thing could leave lasting damage on them, even when they become adults and even if they 'move on'. People of faith need to pray for them!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: pimptriggs

Thank you for setting me straight. LOL

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: pimptriggs

Crying? The only crying is coming from you. Me? Im laughing at the absurdity of how your comprehending things. Thats ok. Dont be too upset. Someday youll get it.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
lol its funny how you resort to one liners to try and insult me lol. like i care what you think, i was only voicing my opinion. the fact is these people will never be saved. they are spoon fed hate and will always hate because of religion. that alone is a powerful enough statement. a reply to: mysterioustranger

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join