It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are at it again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
‘God hates fags’ hate group Westboro Baptist Church to picket the funeral of Robin Williams

The Westboro Baptist Church have announced their plans to picket the funeral of Robin Williams.

In their seemingly endless quest to become the most despised group in the world, the controversial anti-gay church, whose messages of hate include holding their famous ‘God hates fags’ signs, have denounced the late actor as a ‘fag pimp’ because he played a gay character in the cult film the Birdcage and a cross dresser in the family film Mrs Doubtfire.

Metro

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Why cant someone do something to these people lol, like honestly how can they see what they are doing the time they are wasting doing it, as a good thing in "god's" eyes, what a joke. a reply to: lucifuge

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pimptriggs

While I disagree with what they are doing 100%, what do you want some one to 'do' to them.
Until they physically attack some one, they regrettably have the right to picket what they want to picket.
Being the bigger man about it and just ignoring it would be the best thing to do about it, getting all up in arms about it is exactly what they want.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: lucifuge

It's just more hate found in religion.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think this has been posted already

These people are the worst, they give God and Christians a bad name.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
LOL honestly religion is the cause for almost every war in history and is responsible for the mass murders going on in the world today, much much worse than people worrying about guns in the US and that seems to be more of an uproar. all im saying is what they want and say is wrong, and although they can picket all they want, I will still wish their mighty "god" would strike them down for their idiocy
edit on p4008p31Thu, 14 Aug 2014 17:40:12 -0500405512 by pimptriggs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Puritans have always been troubling wherever they can be found. Some people don't believe in the benevolent God that most Christians evangelize. Some people believe that suffering is a blessing and that it drives them from the materialism of the flesh and the illusion of the ego and into the arms of a righteous creator. The things that their God bestows upon them are generally hardships, leading them to be heartless and extracting in their treatment of the world. They follow an insane belief that the world and everything in it was God's greatest mistake and that the only path to rectification is slavery of the weak and annihilation of the willful. Until they have rolled creation back to its state of heavenly perfection, they will never be satisfied.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
LOL, wow. sounds like an eternity of slavery, that almost sounds like someone telling you that you will be free after you have to single handedly rebuild the world. a reply to: Nechash

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
These people are a bunch of hucksters. They try to provoke people in order to bring lawsuits, so they are disgusting as possible. They're weird mix of cult and ambulance chasing.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: lucifuge

Really...I just have to say...that the people at the (Westboro Baptist Church) who are promoting and teaching such horrible hatred... well...I really think that these people are an example of what truly insane people act like.

I feel deeply sorry for the children that are being raised in such deception and hatred.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
How come nobody pickets their church. Like a hundred thousand people. I think that many would come to that social gathering.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
How come nobody pickets their church. Like a hundred thousand people. I think that many would come to that social gathering.

This is a good point.
Give them a taste of their own medicine

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Your reply made me laugh! Thank you I needed a good laugh.

I agree...wouldn't it be grand if thousands and thousands of people picketed their church...perhaps some day (hopefully) it will happen.

edit on 2014-08-14T18:13:27-05:00pmThursdaypm1420148America/Chicagopm by caladonea because: correction

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

I feel deeply sorry for the children that are being raised in such deception and hatred.

I agree, and as a non believer in supernatural beings I think about all children in all religious families.

Religion should not be taught to anyone! It should be left to the individual to find their own path in life.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

What this isn't enough?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

I agree, and as a non believer in supernatural beings I think about all children in all religious families.

Religion should not be taught to anyone! It should be left to the individual to find their own path in life.

Then no one would have faith. Sorry, but I will be raising my child as I see fit, and that includes faith.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Then no one would have faith. Sorry, but I will be raising my child as I see fit, and that includes faith.

It is not necessary to teach faith to a child, they can function properly in society without it. What you are doing is forcing YOUR own faith onto your child!
Why cant your child be free to make up their own mind?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

This is America. You cant do anything to them. They have that right. Like or not...its not Canada. That country is different than ours.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I see. Well it's not necessary to teach anything to a child then. If they want to learn, they can seek it on their own. How dare you force your beliefs about knowledge and what the proper knowledge to have is on them?

You can argue that they may not be able to function in society without certain knowledge, but I would also argue that a lack of faith is also crippling in its own way and hampers a child's ability to function in society.

But I'll not tell you how to raise your own children.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You wish GOD would KILL them just because you say they are idiots?????? That comment is just as extreme if not more...than what they are saying and doing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join