It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just In: Robin Williams Was Sober And In Early Stages Of Parkinson's Says Wife

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Umm, everyone should watch this documentary: Frontline - Suicide

The method Robin took smacks of psychological torture that simply couldn't be stood any longer along with hitting a breaking point. Any planning at all would have allowed him to come up with other methods.

I personally support an adult's choice to 'go out' whenever they want to, provided that society learns to talk about this taboo subject and take all other steps as possible to find other solutions.

My knowing system (not belief, but knowing) is that we all have uncountable numbers of lives. Checking out of this one a bit early may leave a mess in your wake for your survivors, but it doesn't change the trajectory of your own soul and it's no sin.

What I find the most sad, perhaps, is if his problems were somewhat financial, that he didn't simply ask for help. There are millions of people the world over who would have helped and would have been gratified to have been able to do so. A Kickstarter program to 'Help Robin' would have brought the world together in a heartwarming way. Maybe he didn't feel he was important enough with everything else going on in the world, maybe things were too dark inside him to see that he could ask.

Mentioned in another thread: Williams said he took coke to slow down; that and his 'always on' persona smacks of a completely differently wired neurological system; I don't think he could shut it down, even to sleep and its easy to see this as a form of torture. It looked like genius, and it was; it was also a neurological condition that sadly may have been helped if he had gone to the right people. Neurotransmitters stuck in high gear can be countered, just like hearing voices or manic depression can be.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I`m not knocking the guy but he should have had a little more consideration for his family.Things were messed up for him obviously, but he should have at least snapped out of his pity party long enough to realize his wife or daughter would find him and the effects that would have on them. Apparently though this was all about Robin and it didnt matter enough to him to consider others.
PS- He`s not a hero for killing himself, a lot of people have dealt with a lot worse.He took the easy way out with no consideration for his family.Sorry if this sounds harsh but it`s bull# that his death is being romanticized like he was going insane from the voices in his head and had no more choices or something. He just didn't want to deal with coming hardships and took the easy way out.
edit on 17-8-2014 by fartsmeller46 because: not done

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: fartsmeller46

You think suicide is easy? Pity party? Two assumptions you made about a man you know nothing about. I think the last thing he would ever want is a pity party. Your opinion.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

You think suicide is easy? Pity party? Two assumptions you made about a man you know nothing about. I think the last thing he would ever want is a pity party. Your opinion.

That`s right, my opinion. Suicide is not easy but it was done to escape a reality he found too daunting to deal with. Perhaps pity party is too disrespectful and i apologize,but he made a decision to take his life and leave the mess for his family to clean up.Despite what you think of him the only thing he was worried about was his escape and i know how depression can be crippling but he handled his demise selfishly. And you`re right i didnt know him so let me amend that by saying by all outward appearances he handled himself selfishly.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

What do you think about assisted suicide from a doctor?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join