It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casserole dishes,what is in yours?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Here are two of ours:

Greek Beef: macaroni, ground beef (or pork), onion, garlic, tomato sauce, cinnamon, nutmeg, pepper/salt, egg, Parmesan with a sauce of butter, flour, milk, cinnamon, egg, more Parmesan

Baked Ziti: butter, flour, milk salt/white pepper, nutmeg, Parmesan, fennel, black pepper, Italian sausage links, ziti pasta, basil (fresh), mushrooms

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
That, my friend, is awesome.

Thank you so much! It just sounded so good, and I have to try it!

Hey Drums?
Maybe you could ask people for directions on how to make some of the amazing things they are posting about? Because seriously, some of these are making my mouth water!

edit on 14-8-2014 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I just thought of one that my mother used to make.

Put a layer of whole saltine crackers on the bottom of the casserole dish. Add a layer of peas, then a layer of cheese, then another layer then of saltines followed by peas again. Pour in milk until you see it come up to the top layer of peas. Add salt and pepper to taste in the layers.
Not sure how long you bake it, but if you use canned peas, it doesn't take too long.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun Thanks great thread!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I make a Shepards pie my style. Saute onions and garlic with ground turkey along with an all purpose seasoning powder, I like Mrs Dash. When meat is done add it to casserole dish as first layer. Now add cream corn for the second layer and finish with mashed sweet potatoes seasoned with sea salt and pepper. Now place the casserole in a 325 degree oven for about a half hour. I'll never make it again using white potatoes because it is so awesome with the sweet potatoes

Here's another one
cook up some long grain and wild rice, while that is cooking pan cook chicken of your choice. Now chop onion, water chestnuts, mushrooms, celery and garlic saute lightly just till onions become translucent. Chop cooked chicken and candied ginger into bite size pieces and add all of this in a casserole dish season with sea salt, pepper, curry powder and if you like cayanne powder to taste. To keep it from getting dry I usually add a little broth or water cover and cook in 325 degree oven for about a half hour.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Hey Drums? Maybe you could ask people for directions on how to make some of the amazing things they are posting about?

Lets provoke them enough so they tell us their secrets.
Cooking for me is an extreme passion......lets get them talking so we get more recipes and we can get it out of them.
Lets get er done.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 2manyholes

Mmmmmm...Shepherd's Pie!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Does corn beef hash count as a casserole?
I love it great comfort food.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Does corn beef hash count as a casserole?
I love it great comfort food.

Hell yeah.
But you have to make it, put it in a baking dish and bake it to count as a casserole, I think. Cheese is optional, but highly suggested.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

With Daddies sauce on top yummy in my tummy

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: butcherguy

With Daddies sauce on top yummy in my tummy

As an American, I had to look up that condiment before I starred your post!
Had to make sure it wasn't some sort of 'special sauce'.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Cooking is a form of art to me. I love cooking and making up new recipes.
(I'm writing a cookbook.)

Here's one of my recipes: Easy Potato Casserole

Boil potatoes, eggs together til potatoes are soft and eggs are hard.
Let them cool down, slice them up. Set them aside in a bowl.

Cut any type of sausages in to slices, set aside. (Chorizo, Hungarian,etc.)

Mix together a cup of sour cream - I use diet- with a cup of cream mushroom soup.

Small package of shredded Mozzarella cheese
White pepper to taste

In the casserole dish make layers:
-potatoes
-sausages
-eggs
-spread of sour cream& mushroom soup mixture

Repeat layers until it reaches the top of the dish.
Then after the final cream layer sprinkle white pepper and cover with a layer of mozzarella cheese.

Bake in the oven until the cheese is golden brown.

In my oven it takes about 20 minutes, but everyone's oven is different.

Happy Cooking

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Dear DrumsRfun,
Here's one of my favorite casserole recipes. It does have a lot of ingredients, but they are cheap, and it's worth it, because with this dish even little fills you up, and it lasts my husband and I for 2-3 days.
I'm too lazy to type it up again, so here's a page from the cookbook I'm working on.
Enjoy

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I happen to really like tuna casserole but I make mine in a skillet on the stove. (It's a pretty deep skillet) I use:

1 can albacore tuna or 1 can wild caught salmon (we have taken to the salmon lately) drained and separate with a fork
about three green onions, chopped fairly fine
about half (or more if you really like them) a carton of baby portabello mushrooms, sliced
about a cup or so of frozen peas
a thick pasta of some sort ( I like the egg wide noodles )
seasoning
Can of mushroom soup
Fresh grated parmesan cheese

Prepare pasta according to directions but add a clove or two of garlic to the water and some salt and pepper
While the pasta is cooking, sautee green onions, mushrooms, and frozen peas in a bit of olive oil. Add the can of albacore
or salmon. you might need to add a bit of olive oil as this mixture cooks to keep it from drying out. When the peas are cooked, add the can of mushroom soup and about half a can of milk to the mixture and blend in well. Here I add some salt, pepper, and some lemon thyme, and a bit of cayenne pepper. Turn the heat down so the flavors blend while while the pasta finishes. Once the pasta is done, drain and put into a large bowl. Add the tuna/salmon mixture and blend.
Serve onto plates and top with a generous helping of that parmesan cheese.
edit on 16-8-2014 by missvicky because: to add

edit on 16-8-2014 by missvicky because: to add

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

When the cookbook comes out,drop me a line....I love cookbooks.
A few month months back I got 8 of them at once. lol

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

When the cookbook comes out,drop me a line....I love cookbooks.
A few month months back I got 8 of them at once. lol

Ok, will do.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Okay, this dish is a little unusual, but bear with me, because it really is tasty and healthy too!

Peel, de-seed and dice a small butternut squash. Cook the squash (boil, steam or microwave) until very soft.
Put the cooked squash in a blender along with 1/4 cup of milk and a tablespoon of dijon mustard. Blend to make a thick, "cheesy", pour able sauce. (you may need to add a little more milk, depending on how big your squash was)
Transfer sauce to a bowl and add 3-4 cups of cooked quinoa, 1 cup of shredded cheddar, and whatever spices you like (I added salt/pepper, garlic powder, tumeric, and some chipotle chili powder (cuz I like a little heat - I think I added a little Sriracha sauce in there as well). Mix well, then add to a baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes until bubbly.

It tastes very much like cheesy polenta, but it's a lot healthier, and probably more protein because of the quinoa. If you don't do dairy, you could easily sub a non-dairy milk, and some type of cheese substitute for the cheddar.

I have to give credit - I got this off the internet. Google Queen of Quinoa. I think the official recipe is called 5 ingredient Quinoa Mac n' Cheese.

edit on 16-8-2014 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Not strictly a casserole, but pretty easy anyway, so.....

EASY BAKED RAVIOLI

18 ounces ravioli, cheese-filled, frozen(25 ounce) thawed
8 ounces water...maybe more
6 ounces tomato paste, no salt, [or 14 ounces prepared sauce...instead of water and tomato paste]
14 1/2 ounces tomatoes, diced, no salt, drained
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded

1. Preheat the oven to 450 [425] degrees F (230 degrees C).

2. Stir together sauce and drained tomatoes.

3. Spread 1/3 of the sauce in the bottom of an 11x7 inch well greased baking dish. Arrange 1/2 of the ravioli over the sauce.
Sprinkle 1/2 cheese over the ravioli. Repeat layers, ending with the last of the sauce on top. Sprinkle with parmesand and some of the cheese.
Cover with aluminum foil.

4. Bake for 35-45 minutes in the preheated oven. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top before serving. Uncover for the last 10 minutes.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
I will try this.
I know my kids will like it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join