It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a question about AboveTopSecret.com/FB and control posting.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

originally posted by: 12m8keall2c
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

of course it's 'Member-Driven' ...

but where would all that be without the voluntary efforts of both 'the Members' as well as 'The Staff', tasked with herding all you 'Cats'!?

We're for YOU as much as we are for our own personal; likes, interests and whatnot....

afterall .... these fine folks didn't just show up and be made Staff Members due solely to their presence here..

They took an avid interest, participated and posted within the rather minimal constraints set forth by the Same T&C, and were, at some point, presented with the opportunity to help /better serve that which piqued their interest of ATS in the first place.

and yet we're to question their 'goals', 'determinations', 'desire to steer discussions', etc.!?

gimme a break..

staff are as diverse a group as, if not more than, 'The Membership' itself.!

we often have as difficult time coming to a consensus, regarding a gieven post, as y'all do on something like 9-11 [ lit it happen, made it happen]

day in and day out.

that dynamic. that diversity, virtually ensures there be no possibility for 'organized thought' [ATS does this. ATS does that] virtually can't be a reality.

ATS supports and hold Members true to the T&C.

Not perfect by any means...

but also something I'd task anyone to find elsewhere in this large of/type Community.

?????

I believe and respect what you are saying here , but with all due respect I don't think many members feel "ATS has their best interest at heart "

I mean its simple to say these things in black and white... But let's face it do the complaints out weigh the praises ?

Just saying ....

not said, in anyway, in black and white... more point of fact. take it or leave it.

complaints outweighing praises ????????? ... not in the least.

we'll never proclaim to have ANY MEMBER'S best interest in mind....

but EVERY MEMBER has the right and voice to speak to their interest and concers, despite and no matter, whilst doing so within the minmal social constraints of the t&C.

simple as Taht. Fact.

take it or leave it....

I've been a part of this place since mid 2005 and can only attest to what i've seen, noted and participated in since.

it is as is stated... despite and no matter the [proportionate few] who would attempt to claim otherwise.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Said it before, and I'll say it again. If you or anyone else doesn't like it here, you can log out and not come back.

We're so desperate for your ad revenue that we won't miss you.

Now. I'm sure you won't do that, but it's your call and all the problems you perceive will just go away.....

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I believe and respect what you are saying here , but with all due respect I don't think many members feel "ATS has their best interest at heart "

I mean its simple to say these things in black and white... But let's face it do the complaints out weigh the praises ?

Just saying ....

If I may butt in, there are many people that ridicule ATS and feel that ATS may not have their best interests at heart. But there are also people on these forums that believe the world trade center was taken down by magical floating orbs, the Pope and Queen Elizabeth are descendants of the inner-Earth reptilians and Planet X was on it's way to destroy us in 2012.

See where I'm going with this?

I, myself, have had issues with some of the things SO and the mods have done or said, but in the end we still have the ability to express our opinions and over the last 6 months or so they have gone above and beyond the call of duty to be reasonable with the membership in cases such as this and the RT threads.

Sometimes our conspiratorial side overtakes our common sense. We need to be grateful for what we have at ATS or move along.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I get the frustration of not wanting any censors and would rather have the LLC just put it out on the table. I've actually seen this attempted before many times but mostly in the music industry (DJ's, clubs, etc) they all have one thing in common, they all fail.

As an LLC, the owners must be cognizant of where the funds come in and how perceptions are made. If ATS was as transparent as you want would make the company fail. If it fails we all go to GLP or some stupid # like that. I don't want that, don't hate the player hate the game. Just don't assume or expect everyone to be benevolent and selfless all the time because well that's just selfish.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 12m8keall2c

of course it's 'Member-Driven' ...

but where would all that be without the voluntary efforts of both 'the Members' as well as 'The Staff', tasked with herding all you 'Cats'!?

We're for YOU as much as we are for our own personal; likes, interests and whatnot....

afterall .... these fine folks didn't just show up and be made Staff Members due solely to their presence here..

They took an avid interest, participated and posted within the rather minimal constraints set forth by the Same T&C, and were, at some point, presented with the opportunity to help /better serve that which piqued their interest of ATS in the first place.

and yet we're to question their 'goals', 'determinations', 'desire to steer discussions', etc.!?

gimme a break..

staff are as diverse a group as, if not more than, 'The Membership' itself.!

we often have as difficult time coming to a consensus, regarding a gieven post, as y'all do on something like 9-11 [ lit it happen, made it happen]

day in and day out.

that dynamic. that diversity, virtually ensures there be no possibility for 'organized thought' [ATS does this. ATS does that] virtually can't be a reality.

ATS supports and hold Members true to the T&C.

Not perfect by any means...

but also something I'd task anyone to find elsewhere in this large of/type Community.

?????

Just saying ....

Honestly, and maybe it's just the Tin foil hat in me, but more times than not mod censors have deleted off color and irresponsible posts that I had or would have come to regret. Although its for them, by extension it's done me favors, I don't want spooks showing up because I got overly passionate or ostracize half the community because of mindless drivel.

They're not perfect, they got their reasons and look around is there anything better? Aside from disparaging comments towards ATS or members and an occasional over eager mod, we pretty much say whatever the hell we want. I do anyway.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Said it before, and I'll say it again. If you or anyone else doesn't like it here, you can log out and not come back.

We're so desperate for your ad revenue that we won't miss you.

Now. I'm sure you won't do that, but it's your call and all the problems you perceive will just go away.....

Now now neff play nice ...

I am not complaing good sir , rather I am giving popular user feed back that's all !
besides ATS cares right ?

They care about members ! Right neff?

Oh you silly guy......"log out he says " he he

Surely someone needs to be on in the wee hours of the night

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 12m8keall2c

complaints outweighing praises ????????? ... not in the least.

Really ?

Can you direct me to that thread please ....

Not sure if you got the chance to read the link I provided in the OP , but man I'll tell you what , seemed to me that the complaints out weighed the praises on that thread....

I mean did you see all the stars on that thread ?

Sheesh ....

But no worries !! At the end of the day ATS is victorious! Just as neff demonstrated for us a few posts back.

"Shut up or kick rocks " was the message I got.

You asked what other website's their are that promote such stellar discussions?

Whelp reddit seems to be liggit ....

I know what your going to say .

"Well , your freed to go their"

Indeed I am , would I be violating T&C if I shared this story their?

Pfft . .....nm # reddit ! I love ATS !!!!!

CAN'T WAIT TO BE THE FIRST MUSLIM TO JOIN THE DIVERSE ATS STAFF

I'll be waiting for that tap

LSH

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

a reply to: 12m8keall2c

Can you direct me to that thread please ....

Not sure if you got the chance to read the link I provided in the OP , but man I'll tell you what , seemed to me that the complaints out weighed the praises on that thread....

I mean did you see all the stars on that thread ?

Yeah that thread was the same people posting over and over. Saying the same old things that have all been refuted and proven to be wrong. Yet they just keep saying them over and over. It all boils down to. I do not like that you disagree with me or that you took down my post that one time.

The only thing said in that thread that was not already answered multiple times was the question you asked in this thread. That question was answered. What more do you want now? When the new thing you want is answered. What will you want next?

If people complained about and hated ATS as much as your words paint. This site would be empty.
edit on 12-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

"Shut up or kick rocks " was the message I got.

Well that's good. Because this will be the third time you've been banned from ATS. Don't stub your toe too badly.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Do the complaints outweigh the praise?
Really?!

Let's do the math, 150,000 people a day (on average, a busy day will be 250,000 - 400,000+) come to ATS to read what our members are saying.

Take note that when I say "our members", I don't mean disgruntled hangers on (who have been banned many times because they just can't manage to be civil) that have some twisted view of what ATS should be (but lack the skills, dedication, and genuine love of the topics to actually MAKE their own, perfect, "ATS"), I mean the tens of thousands of members who post their thoughts here sans the ridiculous hyperbole of utterly undeserved entitlement that is born of a falsely inflated perception of self import, and, or paranoia.

No, the complaints don't even begin to outweigh the compliments, if you understand that the highest compliment anyone can give a website, or a fellow human, is part of their day.

Their precious time.

The most valuable and absolutely irreplaceable thing any human has, their time here on this planet. Like all aspects of life, anyone who gives you some of their time, has given you the most excellent gift they can give. They've paid you the highest "compliment" they can (unless they're whipping your ass during said time).

That's the yardstick that matters, not "advertising", not what does or doesn't get posted on FB, or any other site.

Of course we need advertising revenue to keep the lights on, big sites aren't free, we aren't billionaires, get a clue already.

But believe me when I say (again) that isn't the driving factor for us, if it was we'd host cooking show sites, NOT a conspiracy theory/alternative UGC site... (come on this can't be that hard to realize right? Right?!).

The simple fact that tens of thousands of people know that if they post their ideas, theories, and opinions here on AboveTopSecret.com that millions of people will read them is what matters. It's also ALL we've ever said we'd try to pull off, getting our members' content the biggest audience we can get it.

I'd say we've done pretty well, but, we're always looking for ways to do better.

Threads like this are a waste of the time that could be devoted to doing better.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

The truth is that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Or in this case the complaints get more notice than the compliments you can find tucked into many threads throughout this site. People that are unhappy with the service/goods complain. People who are happy with the service/goods just keep coming back. Naturally you will always see the complaints more than the praise regardless of where you go or what you do.

So you are right. The "praise" comes from folks that keep coming back to ATS. It doesn't have to be written anywhere but in the numbers that roll through here daily.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
looks like LightningStrikesHere has been suspended by the look of his avatar banner.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

How about fixing the problems instead of pushing members away.
Why do some you mods come off as arrogant and rude. Some mods need to get of there high horse.

Im not saying this because I have had a bad run in with a mod, but I have more or less noticed this behavior in some mods.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lichter daraus

I think if you realize we're(the staff, admins, and owners) all only human too (believe it or not) and we get tired of people slagging the site over the same old tired ignorant B.S. it might assuage your interpretation of frustration and exasperation as arrogance.

It's not arrogance, power tripping, or any other such trivial (and meaningless when it's only pixels on a screen anyway) and ugly human foible. It's pure "being tired of the ignorance" and poorly disguised desire to do nothing but stir the hornets' nest.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

True but you gotta admit it there are some arrogant people here mods included.
But yeah I see your point it would get pretty frustrating with all the ats bashing, and boy is it everywhere on the internet.
Also I wasn't bashing ats I love this place, its just some things are questionable. I bet you three saw this coming though being this is a conspiracy site, and ats would be accused of something eventually, right?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Lichter daraus

If only it truly was "all over the internet"... I'd give my eye teeth for that kind of publicity.

Yeah, 11 years ago we were dealing with same B.S. so you could say we "saw it coming"...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Ok, I might have exaggerated with the "all over the internet" but there is quite a bit out there. I even found a site started by a member from ats dedicated to trashing ats and certain members and mods, and I believe this member is still here and active on ats.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Why has your Avatar changed oddly !? I can not post you any U2U, What has happened ?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: maes2
Because he/she was banned.

Peace.

<< 1   >>

join