It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dressed for war- ferguson police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Thefarmer

Why is a cop pointing a loaded assault rifle, eye-in-the-sights, at this man?

This is horrifying!

I don't know if your being sarcastic or not but whatever the reason do you think it's acceptable that this man has an assault rifle, a weapon of war pointed at him?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
We are watching history being made. A glimpse into the future of America.
When the reporting of this event is stopped and news crews are arrested and their news footage confiscated and citizens prevented from filming on falsified charges, we will have
turned the page into fascism and tyranny.
edit on 12-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Thefarmer
No, but they did consider using the actual military, didn't they?

Consider maybe but they didn't and people here would not have had that

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
HAPPENING NOW

Twitter user TheAnonMessage just tweeted the above photo, with the caption: RIOT POLICE ARE FIRING RUBBER BULLETS AND TEAR GAS ON PROTESTERS.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity
And I would argue again that the average citizen does not carry a service weapon, another on the ankle and then a rifle in the car.
You also said service weapon so that leads me to believe that you carry that for a job, which IMO would take you out of the average citizen category as not many have jobs that require they carry.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
The average person also doesn't have a job that is boring at most times but could place them in the middle or a riot or firefight at any given moment either.

Would you go out there to quell a riot armed with a banana? WTH?

link   

HAPPENING NOW

Twitter user TheAnonMessage just tweeted the above photo, with the caption: RIOT POLICE ARE FIRING RUBBER BULLETS AND TEAR GAS ON PROTESTERS.

This has the potential to get real messy

I bet Obamas loving this he'll be signing some more EO's after his rounds of golf are done with

+9 more 
link   

Twitter user Antonio French just tweeted this:
A line of police cars with high beams on greets anyone trying to enter #Ferguson. It's shut down. No media allowed.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

It was because of a police officer this is happening

If your gunna get scared and kill some one for it maybe he should of gone for a different career

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

No, not a banana but not militarized gear either, there is a medium there.
They are not responding to an invading army, they are responding to pissed off citizens
You know, the ones they serve and protect?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Twitter user Antonio French just tweeted this:
A line of police cars with high beams on greets anyone trying to enter #Ferguson. It's shut down. No media allowed.

So anything could go down and the gen public would be none the wiser

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Ferguson is about to get Chris Dorner'd. My guess is the next step is to cut off cell service and broadband to the area so that what is about to happen cannot get leaked and we will only have the OS to work from. If cell service gets cut be ready for anything to go down.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
People saying about the looters.
In the uk riots it was discovered that the looting and fighting etc was all triggered by agent provocateurs, just search for it on youtube. I wonder if they did the same here?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

HAPPENING NOW

That's terrible if all they where doing is protesting. God awful!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
to quell a full blown riot yes, you go heavy handed...

It NEVER should have become a riot, the police decided to try and intimidate instead of taking steps to head this off, again I am not sure if this is a dry run... or incompetence.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I was reading earlier that charter internet is shut off in the area. Wouldn't it also be convenient if cell phone coverage goes out as well?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Just disgusting to be honest. These people in masks with guns are deluded, irrational only by command. And those who command them. They know not what they do. I hope one day they wake up, alone in a dark place, with no food and the rain soaking their beds. Only then they will taste the bitter price of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This is the inevitable outcome of 10+ years of a "war on terror" and 20+ years of a "war on drugs". The "war" always comes home as the tech and training are turned on the citizens that funded them - all to justify abusive Defense budget spending and to continue the twisted corporate profiteering of the MIC.

edit on 8/12/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

Fingers crossed that don't happen

I rally can't believe what I'm seeing here it's like it's Ukraine

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Gotta say too...the optics are very poor..all white LEOs...that will not be lost on a generation who has had a belly full of police brutality against minorities and a two tiered Justice system - black/white, rich/poor.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join