It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You're A Writer, And You Want To Self-Publish...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Most useful thread on ATS in a long time

Posting to reserve this thread in myATS

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

I am not a writer, but I want to publish a book. Any advice there? Ghost writers? Costs? Speaking of costs, do you know what it would/could/should cost to hire a ghost writer? An editor? and to get promotion and marketing? I have done a little research and it seems the going rates are around 5-10K (+/-) for a ghost writer, another couple thousand for a editing (though some ghost writers say they are editors as well) and then, of course, a broad range for marketing. A minimum of $4K is what I am finding to have a book marketed, beyond what I could do myself via social media, client email blasts, etc..., if you have any experience in these areas, do you think these numbers are close? It would be approximately $12K start to finish, sound about right for someone who has the content but not the ability? Any suggestions?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DreamerAU

I have no experience in hiring, or acting as, a ghost writer, so for me to attempt to sound knowledgeable on that topic would be foolish.

What I will say is that the prices you mentioned sound like a rather large investment to have someone else tell your story. Maybe you could make an attempt at writing it yourself?

I understand the hesitance of writing something that you intend to market if you're not confident in your own ability to do so, but I would give it a try if you know that the book would do well in sales.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the post/information, I may try to put some of my stuff out there if I stay interested in writing.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Already done with Amazon Kindle Kdp.

My Novel "La Grande Congiura" ("The Great Conspiracy") is on-line from June 2014 on Amazon.

But is not in English....

Is there any translator?

Great Thread.

edit on 11-8-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Arken

What language is it? There may be someone here who would work with you on a translated version...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

What language is it? There may be someone here who would work with you on a translated version...

Thanks Professor

Italian.

Here the Amazon link

www.amazon.it...=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1398407896&sr=1-1&keywords=La+grande +congiura
edit on 11-8-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Great info, thank you!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivek555
a reply to: HumAnnunaki

How about a coffee table book about coffee tables ?

(lol)
good day!
Nivek555

..doubt that a coffee table book on coffee table's
has a leg to stand on! (muhahaha)

@ProfessorChaos -
Many thanks for the info posted

Not very good with computer knowledge but will look into this
and hopefully get it figured out..thanks again!

Be well all

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I've always been warned against self publishing, most universities I have been associated with (either as employee or student) will discourage such.

Sure go for it if you're writing fiction, but if you want to have your thesis published, you should do so with the support of a world class institution.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Send me a copy and I'll give it a go. I was taught Italian as a child but English is my first language. I speak Italian better than read it, but translating is something I'd like to give a shot at it.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up.

Will look into this soon.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF

Send me a copy and I'll give it a go. I was taught Italian as a child but English is my first language. I speak Italian better than read it, but translating is something I'd like to give a shot at it.

Hi RifRAAF and thanks for your attention.

Here you go: La Grande Congiura

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Thanks. This has been useful.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I had to go through a lot of trial and error when I first became self published, so this may take a little of the headache away for a newbie.
Also, if anyone uses these services, and has questions, I'll do my best to help.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Thank you OP - Posting so I can read and absorb all this useful info later.

S&F.
Missie

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join