It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trivago Guy: No belt, no shower, no iron, no barber... Park bench rating 5 Stars.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

How that 'style' ever got to be HAS to be a conspiracy. Perhaps all the dodgy homosexual UK politicians decided on making 'gay prison code' mainstream fashion. ew.

Bieber is a fashion victim if ever there was and shouldn't be a role model for kids, or a pinup for girls, dressed like that.
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

If it's a fad, it's gone on way too long! It made it's appearance in the mid 90's. Fads on average only last a decade at the most. This is a fad that is not only fit for clowns, but the tattoos look ghetto and are pretty much permanent unless you want to go through the cost and pain of removing them! Don't these young people know their perspective on life will change over the years? As for those enlarged ear hole, nose, lip and tongue piercings, yeah those are really attractive too.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

It is the scruffiness apparently. Compared to some UK ads that guy is 'well dressed' and I would say, generally average for the population.

The ''hey'' ''life is easy'' attitude stood out more to me, but that is because I know advertising having worked in the industry.

What part of the average population? Maybe for the younger generation, but if this commercial was to target more than the younger crowed, they completely didn't consider that portion of the demographics. I'm in my 50's, worked in advertising and his unshaven appearance and scruffy appearance distracted me more than listening to the message.

Considering that the majority of people who do a lot of traveling are retired or the older generations who have an empty nest, you would think that their impression on the consumer would have also considered that portion of the population.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

It is a fad that originated in prisons as code for ahem 'availability', pants at half mast meant, well you can guess the rest.

Every parent should have put a stop to it before it got 'fashionable'. It is indecent and amoral as well as being ugly.

Agreed about those tattoos, and ear holes etc those are ridiculous.

'Ghetto' style is stupid. Most of those of the ghetto 'for real' are doing all they can to escape, if they have any sense that is.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Trivago Guy says: I'm so drunk, I can't even feel the bedbugs biting me anymore!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

It is the scruffiness apparently. Compared to some UK ads that guy is 'well dressed' and I would say, generally average for the population.

The ''hey'' ''life is easy'' attitude stood out more to me, but that is because I know advertising having worked in the industry.

What part of the average population? Maybe for the younger generation, but if this commercial was to target more than the younger crowed, they completely didn't consider that portion of the demographics. I'm in my 50's, worked in advertising and his unshaven appearance and scruffy appearance distracted me more than listening to the message.

Considering that the majority of people who do a lot of traveling are retired or the older generations who have an empty nest, you would think that their impression on the consumer would have also considered that portion of the population.

Do tell us why did "his unshaven appearance and scruffy appearance" distracted you more than the message...

And... you're just getting old and grumpy... tattoed girls with piercings are... ya know, kinda hot... lol and I'm 34

And no... that commercial isnt made for retired people lol, what... I mean what kind of advertising did you work in? And for how long? days? Come on... "lets put all the geriatric isle clicking in..." really? Come on...
lol

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: usertwelve

Haha "you know immediately what the problem and the problem is solved right then and there".

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Trivago Guy checking in: I borrowed 20 bux, and am sleeping in your shed. If the police come by, you haven't seen me.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Yo! He's the leader of the Trash Bag Posse!

Don't mess with the TBP homey... We straight outta the dumpster, we aint playin!

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

And no... that commercial isnt made for retired people lol, what... I mean what kind of advertising did you work in? And for how long? days? Come on... "lets
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

As far as how long did I work in advertising?...10 years as a Graphic Designer and Technical Illustrator, 3 years as an Art Director for a local Advertising Agency, free lanced as graphic design and advertising on the side, and my last position in this area (5 years) as a Corporate Advertising Manager for a paging company that had 4 regional offices. My Major was in Graphic Arts Management and my minor was in Advertising. I eventually got out of the business when the cell phone market was taking over the pager market. I was offered a job as a CAD instructor during that time and received my teaching certificate. I currently teach Pre-Engineering at a local technical school.

I've worn a lot of hats in my time, and have experienced adverting in both on the production end and in the creation of advertising campaigns. ...So how are them apples? At my age, I have no reason to lie about my work experience. lol

Do tell us why did "his unshaven appearance and scruffy appearance" distracted you more than the message...

I was kind of surprised the guy wasn't clean shaven and the casual way he conducted himself is not something that most in my generation would expect from the majority of commercials we've viewed over the years. Not to say I didn't catch any of the message, but my attention was directly focused on his appearance!

From reading some of the posts, there were enough people who posted who were put-off by his scruffy appearance , so that alone tells you their was a distraction. I'm sure you've heard of focus groups? You had a little focus group going on in this thread.

Don't take constructive criticism in your career field so personal. For someone in the business, you surely must know that all advertising campaigns don't always end up reaching the intended target demographics. There are some pretty bad ads out there, and some don't quite get their message across. It's not exactly a fail proof science as you know.

You may personally feel that tattoos and piercings are sexy, but there's a whole other market that may frown upon it! You have a generation of people who grew up identifying people with tattoos as criminals or belonging to a biker gang. There are some people like me who are the same old grumpy people who may be in the position that hire and promote people in your age group. So tattoos can really affect someones chance on landing a job if the person doing the interview frowns upon it and has a different generational perspective.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

a reply to: justnotnormal

Could be worse, they could have chosen the current Justin Bieber thug fashion, of tattoos, sagging pants and the backward baseball hat thing. lol

I'm not one to jump on the band wagon of hate but GOD.....i'd love to slap that white again.

(post by justnotnormal removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Could be worse, they could have chosen the current Justin Bieber thug fashion, of tattoos, sagging pants and the backward baseball hat thing. lol

I knew I saw this style a while back... He stole those pants from 1985!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

You may be on to something. lol. I thought his pants looked like black trash bags. That's all we need is for todays youth to follow a trash bag shorts fad. lol

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Well atleast you don't have to bag him before you toss him to the curb.

I hear him and Orlando Bloom got in a bit of a scuffle last week. Lol, aparently JB said "I fu*k ur wife." To which OB took a swing at him... JB dodged the punch and said "What's up b*tch?!" LOL, pretty funny when you imagine it.
edit on 13-8-2014 by justnotnormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Trivago Guy farewell... you will be missed.

Pancakes?!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join