It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panic in EU after Russian sanctions (embargo) against all European products.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yesterday, Russia decided to embargo all European products.

My country alone loses the 40% of its exports! Germany is freaked out already... Here is some news from my country, for what is going on ...

I believe eu took an arrow in the knee.

The only thing russia allows from the whole europe to be distributed, is our greek wine! Its the wine of the gods, we shouldn't allowed them for that... lol

Here is some links... (the first 3 links are west friendly blog) And plz use translators, such as bing or google...

links
link
link

bellow is russian-east friendly blog

link

li nks

links

Cyprus have bigger loses from us with the 40%! Am sure Italy will have huge problem as well, because italy have lots of agriculture. Polland is allready out, banned from Russia.... Its all USA fault and your obsesions....

Anyway, Eu is a bit in panic right now, many will their jobs (transport companies who transferred to russia goods from EU, farmers, etc)...
Also my country already lost 1.5b euros in tourism because of it and already 4 agencies with tickets, default, because russians canceled their tickets and bookings for their vocations. So its not only the 40% of the exports, but also tourism and some other things...
edit on 7-8-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

Saw same story on US propaganda channel CNBC; Euro Zone will be to take an big hit on economics. And you be correct in Italy will be very hard hit and that when it made official by Italy government that Italy has slipped again into recession with its said economy have been contracted .2% in 2nd quarter half.

US may has caused problem but it will be bite its own tail in this. Many US companies announcing bad things coming with Russian bans. Pepsico, McDonalds and others including British Petroleum saying they are to lose money on account of the situation. Maybe if enough US American fat cats get hurt, slime ball politicians in Washington will take new approach, like getting out of the way.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The US and Europe should have expected this, it was their fault in allowing (probably illegal) sanctions based on nothing.

Obviously Putin would react, it is natural and in order.

This whole thing has exposed international politics and US bullying tactics for the thing that they are.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Russia is suffering because of Putin´s pride. Its estimated that third of all food in Russia is imported. Russia is prepared to bring meat from Brazil. cheese from New Zealand also food from Ecuador, Chile and Argentina. New food suppliers are been proposed from China and Turkey.
How it plays out for Russia is yet to see, also Russia could be travelling back with time machine to 1991 before Soviet Union collapsed. They might have forgotten what was it like to stand in queue for food..

Haunting pictures show desperate struggle to survive in last days of USSR Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
No Fresh Tomatoes for Ivan.......
The Russian people will get very angry soon....you can screw around with manufactured goods....but don't take the peoples wine or food for fear of a counter revolution....Putins taking a calculated risk....well have to see if other markets will take up the slack, and just how much slack they can take ....
Alls not lost for the EU...they'll get closer together or further apart over this...it remains to be seen....
I HARDLY think the PLANNERS DIDNT FIGURE THIS OUT BEFOREHAND....

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It will hit hard no question about that, I just hope there will be some enlightenment dawning in the people who are most affected that we can no longer trust our leaders or political institutions anymore and the people need to start taking responsibility for their own trades at a grassroots level... As it used to be...

Still I don't think this will happen, people are too reliant on big businesses, they don't know how to trade small scale anymore. Greed and profit mongering...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Polytunnels and more polytunnels.

Perhaps there is (hopefully) better agriculture and food industry in Russia since USSR.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Alls not lost for the EU...they'll get closer together or further apart over this...it remains to be seen....

I thought the same.. The eurozone is so politically volatile, its hard to predict what the future holds.
If anything will phunk us Europeans its our leaders 1st world superiority complex, from the time of the inquistadores and spanish imperialist and British imperialists etc, we've been looting the whole world since the middle ages, & they want their gold back... Karma is a bitch, but lets hope the people of Europe hand it to their leaders before it gets really nasty... We have the means to revolt, but do we have the will.... Do we have the unity?? That remains to be seen... I have a game plan from here in London... But the NWO is mobilising as the old world fractures, so I feel a need to inform people at the same time, and pray people see in the right way.
edit on 7-8-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 7-8-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Perhaps the US is to blame, but I sure don't see ANYONE in the EU doing anything to curb Putin. I agree the US should have stayed out of it and let the EU tackle the problem. Unfortunately, the EU's first reaction would be, "How can the US help us?"

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Obviously Putin would react, it is natural and in order.

You sound totally unbiased...

Putin is a bad joke. All he can do is piss in peoples Wheaties right now. He is simply a bully. Bullies only understand punches to the head. So, he will keep pushing until someone punches him in the head.

You know... now that the US has a pacifist empty-seat lefty President ala Jimmy Carter, half the world is in full crisis mode, it seems ripe for Putin to take advantage. Eventually the EU will figure it out. The Euros have always been a little slow in realizing when they are standing in a rising pile of manure. Now that the US umbrella is almost gone, they get to have a another battle royal. I think the writing is on the wall. Something wicked this way comes.

V

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable

I have better things than biting to your comments.

The US is not an innocent political spectator, no matter how much spin you try on that it's a constant 'no sale'.

Putin is reacting in the way he can just like any other government of any other nation would if they had sanctions slapped on them and their people because they were accused of something without any proof at all.

That would be the bullying part.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
What panic! Where ? I haven't heard or seen any. I have heard the EU banks preparing to soften the impact but nothing more than that.

It is Putin who is clearly panicking.

What I do see is the people who hate everything western and love everything Russian trying desperately to make out the EU/US/UK is going to collapse in the face of the might brave Putin.......sorry NAH! He has backed himself into a corner where he has to fight either the Oligarchs (due to sanctions and the economy struggling badly) or the old style rah rah ex soviets wanting to see a stronger Russia take on "western Nazi imperialism".

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Odd how our law claims its terrorism for other countries to do this,but not us.

www.law.cornell.edu...

1) the term “international terrorism” means activities that—
(A) involve violent acts or acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State, or that would be a criminal violation if committed within the jurisdiction of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended—
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
perhaps the US has planned to bring both the EU and Russia economy douwn..
the US will profit of the stronger dollar en economy (the Euro is already on the lowest level sinve years)

already mentiont once that the ECB is infact the FED's bad bank !

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I just find it interesting to see where we are heading as a species. I honestly don't think it is going to take much longer for us to realize how pathetic this all is. But then again, some people just want to watch the world burn. Thanks OP for giving some sources from both sides!

a reply to: Variable

Speaking of being biased.....

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Sanctions only work on countries that bring nothing to the table. Like N. Korea. There really is nothing out there to stop major players from doing what they want other than war. Everything else is just hot air and empty threats.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

It is Putin who is clearly panicking.

I don't think Putin is being rash.

He would not have established an embargo on the EU if he hadn't already secured a supply elsewhere.

The new co-operation between Brazil Russia India China South Africa known as BRICS makes the EU unnecessary.

More like 'methodical'.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

thats what the exporters fear, they had russia as a power market and maintained good relations that they achieved over the years and decades... and now OBAMIA , Merkel, Olland and some other puppets, destroyed everything.

I totally dissagree that europe will come closer, allready gone more distant and hatefull to each other... north vs south europe...

Here is the complete list of all banned products... As you can see, Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Spain will have the most damages.

link

But putin also did something else... They banned all traffic routes in their airspace from eu flight companies! Now airplanes cant pass from the russian skies! link or its under consideration.

And we allready have a clima against the government, we going for ellections 90% at octomber... link

link

And bulgaria allready does not wish to have euro and maybe europe soon enough..! Russia is the main customer in bulgaria! link

U know what europeans say about europe right now? Its like the video bellow, but instead of sookie, add the word Europe, youtu.be...
edit on 7-8-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Dutch news reporter in Moscow :

- In Russian news : more sanctions to follow

- Ordinary Russians on the street : we believe in Putin, we have no other choice than to sanction back, we are happy domestic production gets stimulated now, no worries about shortages or rising prices...about Ukraine they are way more worried

top topics

<<   2 >>

join