It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starz new series: "Outlander"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Normally I'm not big on these historical drama genre type of shows. And I will admit my wife made me sit down and watch this one. and I will also admit to not paying a whole lot of attention to the show... until... I see actress Caitriona Balfe naked and 'Doing The Dirty Deed'... now suddenly I'm interested....

It's a good show set in the style of a lot of old British made TV shows. starts off a bit bloody as Claire Randall tries to patch together a WW I doughboys blown apart leg. Her medical training is how she becomes accepted by the chivalrous and handsome young Scottish warrior...
that's about all we know so far from this first 1 hour ep...

And ya know, for someone like me who doesn't normal like historical drama genre type of shows... I find myself looking forward to the next installment...My wife would say I'm just wanting to see Caitriona Balfe boobies again... My wife who sucker punched me in the ribs and stated,
"See... Women make good time travelers too!"

See Free Ep 01 here
IMDb here

Follows the story of Claire Randall, a married combat nurse from 1945 who is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743, where she is immediately thrown into an unknown world where her life is threatened. When she is forced to marry Jamie Fraser, a chivalrous and romantic young Scottish warrior, a passionate relationship is ignited that tears Claire's heart between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.

edit on 5-8-2014 by HardCorps because: added photo

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

I thought it was pretty good though a little slow at the start. Still that laid out Claire's character quite well so it was worth watching. Also I like these historic type shows and when combined with time travel it's a winner.

Giving it 4 out of 5 stars.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

I read the first book...found it interesting, but not enough to continue the series. I will check out this series on tv and may revisit if warranted.

Thanks for the tip and recommendation!

join