It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire Officials warn parents of dangerous and deadly 'Fire Challenge'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
What the HELL is wrong with alot of our kids these days??? First the "choking game", then the "dry ice game" and now the "fire challenge"!
I know kids do alot of of stupid things, but these things are just beyond stupid.

Colorado's top fire official is warning parents to be aware of a new, dangerous fad that is spreading across the country. It’s called the "fire challenge."

"The 'challenge' encourages teens to douse themselves in an accelerant and then set fire to their bodies," said Paul Cooke, Director of the Colorado Division of Fire Prevention and Control.

Cooke said teens videotape the process and post it on social media to "challenge the bravery of others and encourage participation."

"I just poured alcohol on it, and lit it, and it just automatically went and burst," the teen told the TV station.

Gee, ya think?

Channel 7 with news video

Another Youtube news video:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

Seems like a good way to end the evening...

Get blazed at a party and then get blazed in a bathtub.

/sarcasm

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

Adding another twist to Darwins law.

Kids…

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Stupid is spreading fast, it's beyond pandemic levels.

I hate trends and memes, it further destroys the very fabric of an intelligent society.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
You know, we've been circumventing the process of natural selection for far too long.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
Stupid is spreading fast, it's beyond pandemic levels.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
We've doubled the earth's population in the last 35 years. This is fine by me.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I suggest they hug their friends tightly at the same time, all of their stupid needs to not be passed on to another generation.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Is this a lack of educating kids?
Is it the lack of being attentive to your kids?
Is it a lack of smarts on the kids' part?
Is it social media and peer pressure?

What leads them to do these stupid things?
edit on 2-8-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'm not surprised at this, kids have always been smart enough in their own minds to attempt these kinds of stunts. Not sure that "stupid" is a new thing. Making an internationally viewable video of said stupidity? That's certainly new!
edit on 2-8-2014 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
And the winner of this years Darwin awards goes too.......

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I have already warned my 11 year old son that this is single handedly the stupidist thing you could do to yourself..all in the name of a misguided sense of popularity.

My son likes to do stupid things from time to time, like the other day, when he ate half a teaspoon of chilli and got his sister to pour a jug of water over him...it's an instagram thing, fairly harmless, except I reckon that is how it starts and becomes stupider (not sure that is even a word, hey ho.)

Fortunately my baby boy isn't entirely silly, when I told him about this, even he thought it was a step too far, god help him if he ever dares!

I'm not undersatnding how these kids can be called victims...they made their own choices, now they have to live with the consequences.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
WTH?! Back in my day, it was lighting farts on fire, which was dumb, but this is beyond stupid.
The gene pool obviously needs thinning out if this is a popular thing to do. And the 2014 contenders for the Darwin Awards are . . . :facepalm:
edit on 8/13/2014 by Nyiah because: spelling

new topics

top topics

join