It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Movie version of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Just stumbled over this, as I am a fan but must admit I was more of a fan of the original series than sci fy version this look's interesting which though was admittedly better than the original but missed something.

The film is being developed by Universal and Glen Larson will direct it, detail's are sketchy but if you are an avid Science Fiction fan it will be one not to miss, if this is not just another rumor set to sink into the waves of forgotten film project's.

variety.com...

This may already be up but I did not find it when I did a quick check, the news is from april so let's hope it is well made if they make it.
edit on 31-7-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Why? Just Why another one?

There are so many good scifi stories to tell, why do we have yet another remake of a remake.

It is just so silly! It as if the big five have lost their brains after being analy probed by secret aliens.

Just so stupid.

They have no idea what scifi is. Will probably be full of naked bodies, human interactive drama and people with mummy problems.

P

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Will probably be full of naked bodies, human interactive drama and people with mummy problems.

Yes! Got a dload link?

Some remakes are annoying: The Wicker Man w/Nicholas Cage sucked. You can't beat Edward Woodward.

Other stories kept getting retold because they're classics.

BG was an amazing concept that never took off. They never had the funding or the tech to realize it back in the 70s.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
They can remake it as much as they want, just shut up and take my money😜

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Humans Vs the robotz stories will never get old.

They mirror the industrial nightmare.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Sigh, can Hollywood be any more unoriginal? I was disappointed in the look of the Cylons in the remake TV series and I was not keen on the womantaking the place of one of the original characters just to seem hip...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I loved JJ Abrams remake of BG.
I loved Edward James Olmos as Adama.
The whole cast was full of good actors...but...it has been done, and done well, imo. It's time to move on.

The funny thing about Hollyweird is, if they have fans clamoring for a remake of a past series, they can't seem to get it off the ground. Like the Wonder Woman movie they can't seem to get done. But if it's old and tired, they're all over it. They need some fresh minds in the drivers seat, instead of the stale ones running things now.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I used to curl up with my dad when he was home and watch this show on Saturdays. It was my favorite.

If they make this a movie, I'm definitely there!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I honestly do not think it will be made. This project has been bouncing around hollywood for so long. So many directors and writers have been attached to it over the years both pre and post syfy version of BG. So I think this will get shelved again especially since Transcendence did not do good. I could be wrong though.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Some of the remakes are done because the studio has a license and if they don't do something with the IP, they'll lose the rights.

That being said ... why another Battlestar? I love it, but we don't need yet another one.

Maybe try something new or bring a different IP to the screen.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I really liked BSG. Both the 2000 series as the original.
If they intend to suck a little more out of the subject they should IMO start right where caprica ended.
Explore the beginning of the Cylon integration, the uprise, the rebellion all the way to the first Cylon war.
With good ambitious writers you could get a great show I think.

Just make it a show in wich the plot thickens and not a lameass thrillride of 90 to 120 minutes please. I've been missing a good SciFi show for a while now.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
No No No NO!!!
No remake, No more MOVIE...

FOLLOW UP...... Damn You!!!

Heras Legacy

"All this has happend before"
"All this will happen again"....... ?

Setting: Earth today
Plot: x

Scen one: Angel Baltar and Angel Six walks around the streets.
Talking about their experiences. Mithocondrial Eve "Hera" has
left us a surprise..

Meanwile on "original" earth, cylon one, a forgotten resurection
facility "wakes" up...

"Our" earth: People dying, or are they?!?!?!?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
With the discovery of three possible habitable exoplanets orbiting Gliese 667 c, the likelihood for a real BSG universe to be out there seems to increase.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I know most of my fellow geeks loved the BSG reboot, but for me, I couldn't get past one major problem...

In the old show, the reason the humans survived, is because the Cylons couldn't FIND them. When they did, it was just one or two baseships nearby, so as long as the Galactica could inflict enough hurt to make an escape, all was good.

In the new show, the Cylons are acutely aware of their position, as they have spies on board. How are they not all dead? It just makes NO sense at all, and that is hard to handle.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I am a total fan of the re-imagined BG. It remains one of the greatest stories ever told. Everything about that show was just awesome - the music, the actors - even the "retro" technology on board Galactica.

And the female Starbuck character was the most awesome character IMO. Breaking the molds - tough and unstable, yet sensitive and a major driver for the climatic end of the story. The manner in which the coords to Earth was input by Starbucks and the manner in which she 'just disappeared at the end' still breaks my heart every time I watch it - so very poetic - such a grand story.

Edward James Olmos was the greatest Admiral Adama ever - in fact, I could resonate with each and every character on the show (which is something that I cannot say for any other show).

I am therefore in two minds about a new version. It is either going to really suck, or be a lot better than the re-imagined version - there is no black or white here. In both scenarios it will destroy some of the nostalgia that I hold for this series.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Why? Just Why another one?

There are so many good scifi stories to tell, why do we have yet another remake of a remake.

It is just so silly! It as if the big five have lost their brains after being analy probed by secret aliens.

Just so stupid.

They have no idea what scifi is. Will probably be full of naked bodies, human interactive drama and people with mummy problems.

P

Remember.... "All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again. .... "

They took that to heart I believe...

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The remake of Battlestar ranks easily in my top 5. I could argue it for the #1 spot with ease. The show left me wanting more at the end. I'm not sure a movie is what I want though.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Oh yeah, BSG Remake was AWESOME... amazing stories, unique, and great special effects of space engagements...
The show is one of just a few, that shows you how 'lonely and empty' interstellar space is..

edit on 11/7/2014 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pharyax
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Oh yeah, BSG Remake was AWESOME... amazing stories, unique, and great special effects of space engagements...
The show is one of just a few, that shows you how 'lonely and empty' interstellar space is..

Not just interstellar space is 'lonely and empty' also humanity and its copies of cyclons are. How Gaius betrayed Humanity on New Caprica and how Apollo showed he saved humaniy by betraying them in their court and the final season was pretty brilliant. No need to explain more.

Maybe it was my personal era I was going trough, but imo BSG 2005 is one of the best series ever

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Still always wanted that answer from the new BSG fans...

How the hell do the Cylons not destroy BSG, when they KNOW RIGHT WHERE THEY ARE?

In the original show, the whole reason the Cylons never got them, was because they didn't know where they were. In the new series, they are seemingly all over the ship, so how the hell do they survive? Just makes no sense (same with the gender-bending roles). I must be the only nerd on the planet who simply has issues with the new BSG.....

top topics

join