It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Panels how to is it worth it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bladerunner44

I get it. Are you sure you do?

Don't try to pull the subsidy card here. We all know big oil and the energy conglomerates make a killing on subsidies. The reason why solar is becoming more popular is the price drop of solar and the ability to invert and feed power back into the grid has been greatly improved.
edit on 31-7-2014 by jrod because: always something

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Well I don't know what to say. I guess I was wrong even someone who can wire a toaster can still be a complete moron. Since I can't get through to you, I'll have to write you off as another low information voter and leave to your own devices. Enjoy the solar beer cooler in your deer stand
edit on 31-7-2014 by bladerunner44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Shaiker

I looked for a local company that does it and gave them the information they asked for. While I am pretty good with electricity for simple projects and have taken an electronics course, so I have some understanding of electricity, however I am not a pro. I am also 60 years old and would rather pay someone else to do it than try to do it myself. Correction: I would rather pay someone with experience working with solar cell systems to do it.

Addendum: Anyone can make the same call I did, rather than trusting someone you do not know who has no verifiable training or education posting on ATS. Make the call and find out for yourself. Then YOU will KNOW.
edit on 31-7-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

This one is in Florida. A simple google search and this site a linked is likely just an average company, it gives a $10,000+ start-up price for PV panel installation. There may even other forums and such for those who truly want to make their own electricity.

www.florida-solar.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Another thing is here in Florida the electric companies offer rebates as well like with Duke energy offers I think $2 off of every watt installed. This years quota is full but you can get on the list for next year plus the fed govt gives you a huge write off as well. I think its 30%. am planing on moving this year and I am planning on installing solar on the next.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

That's fine...you are talking start-up and I am talking full system covering all your needs.

I also did not include any tax breaks etc which probably depend somewhat on what state you live in. I know in California if you have excess production and are tied into the grid, the power company has to pay you for the electricity going back into the grid. Or at least, that is how it was years back... haven't checked recently but then I don't live in California.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join