It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I were to ask, would you answer? Could you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This question is primarily directed to the Masons here, as they have roots in the Ancient Mysteries.

If I had questions, about how certain ancient texts relate to the things taught in Masonry, could you explain them to me?

If I had questions regarding the importance of 32, and it's relation to The Halls of Amenti, and how that relates to the mysteries taught in Masonry, are you allowed to explain your thoughts on that?

The significance of certain things, which can be found all over the place if one is really looking for them. A Masonic perspective on the subjects of Ancient Mysteries, their esoteric meaning, how that relates to Masonry, and what, if any, truths you have personally found from them.

I know not every Mason follows the esoteric meanings behind the lessons of Freemasonry, that's the main reason I don't care to join; but for any on here that do, would you be able to hold a discussion of these things and how they tie into your order?

Or is that something that you can only speak with others who are initiated?

What about those who are "initiates" of a different sort? You cannot speak to them?

If you can't, does that seem fair, or truly wise to you? Light can shine on many people, even if they aren't part of a particular order.

I was just wondering what your limits truly are. Thanks.

Feel free to send me a U2U if you'd rather not respond here. I'm not trying to "stir the pot"; I'm just curious what your thoughts are on the subject.

Note: I'm not looking to make this thread some form of public discussion on the esoteric meanings of Ancient Mysteries/ Emerald Tablets/Jewish Mysticism and it's various meaning(s) as internalized by Masons; I'm really asking " If you indeed can't discuss these things on a "deeper level" with non initiates, how does that make you feel?"

Just wanted to make that clear, so nobody feels a need to "blurt" anything out, or accuse me of trying to deceive people into "talking".

Thanks,

X

df1

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

If I were to ask, you answer? Could you?

If you never pose your question(s), you will never receive any answer(s). Thus far the limitation appears to be that you are unable to pose a question, not restrictions that prevent anyone from answering.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I fear you missed what was being asked, df1. Which I think is my fault, but I didn�t know how to word it. This thread held no question of esoteric value for me; it was merely an example I used to petition initiates for their thoughts on my actual question.

I stated it though, and from the U2Us I've gotten so far, a few understood what I was wondering. How much does one feel can be shared with a "non-initiate"? Is that noble or fair? Is light meant for us all? Or only a few? Is there a limit to what one can discuss with a "non-initiate"?

There's a limit, and I respect that. No need for me to push anyone to speak further than they wish.

Thanks for your response though, if I had a piece of esoteric thought to discuss, it's nice to know I could approach you. Thanks.

X

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I hope the U2U's you have received have answered the questions you have.

I would ask that if you have questions on Freemasonry, and as you seem come from an unbiased and merely inquisitive nature that you post some of them and maybe some of the answers you have received.

It is always good for people who are curious about something to see the questions others have already asked.

What was your final verdict, I presume there was a reason behind your enquiry, did you have a particular question to ask, but didn't want to if you would not be given an answer.

I have suggested a Q & A thread, but it is a little difficult to prevent the trolls and antagonistic, from both sides to be politically correct, from posting and ruining what starts as an informative post.

new topics

top topics

join