It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Gamers etc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I am starting a site called GameComedy.com that is basically going to feature funny video game videos from all over the web. Anyone have any idea a good program to do this with such as Joomla or something. If someone is willing to get on board with the site I wouldnt mind the help. Hopefully it can expand into funny people who stream etc. Let me know.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Nvm

edit on 30-7-2014 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I play and have played eve online for 11 years (and run an organisation of "professional" pvpers) and ive seen people say some funny # over the years for sure.

There is a site i know of that is simply for the purpose of hosting some chat logs (copy and pastes of chats). Some of it is very often funny as hell.

however, big warning, its only going to appeal to the players of the game (because they wont watch it) since no one else will get it mostly. of course some is not game related, but very often the best stuff is.

Not that its a bad idea but it will be highly situational.

I will happily promote it with my friends if vaguely successful.

edit on b1010250 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
oh also: the best, most stupid, most funny (though rarely) stuff is said on xbox and you cant copy and paste that stuff.

I gave up on xbox a while ago, far too many 14 year olds yelling faggot and other offensive crap. That definitely is not funny.

Sorry i cant help you with the code, look at twitch, they are doing really good.

edit on b1111225 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
there is a tonne of stuff you need to consider...
storage space AND hosting bandwidth (for streaming) this is going to be vital
user videos? what about music or property rights? what about infringements?
its not a bad idea, but you have to compete with Youtube, as that's where most people already do this.
why will people use your service as opposed to youtube, when given enough clicks, you tube will start to pay you for your videos?

you can do it, but you need to think it through more. work out some of these answers. the show the idea to a few more people and see if they can find more holes.
then plug those holes... and so on.

just jamming up a site, in wordpress/joomla or any other format without planning will only lead to failure. and that can really put a dampener on your outlook!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: okamitengu

I already have unlimited bandwidth and space. I am thinking a site more along the lines of like Bar Stool or something like that. Just find good content off YouTube etc. It would basically be a collection of funny content from youtube and all around the web. The streams would run through twitch.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ExCloud

Can't help with the building, but be sure to check out some of the Skyrim videos out there for your website.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I tried Joomla and Drupal, but found them confusing. MediaWiki, on the other hand, was easy for me to set up, configure and extend.

It's not *designed* as a content management system, and it's probably not really optimized for streaming content - but it *is* easy to organize.

For my situation, I just figured "If it needs streaming, put a link to YouTube in".

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: theGleep

For streaming wise I will just link to whoever I have as streamers their twitch account. How would that be for posting like YouTube content?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExCloud
a reply to: theGleep

For streaming wise I will just link to whoever I have as streamers their twitch account. How would that be for posting like YouTube content?

looks like I was concerned for nothing, good luck. send me the link when done!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So does anyone know a good content managing system. Something where I can have multiple videos on the main page. Maybe a featured video. Then when the day ends obviously they shuffle to page 2. So say you look at today videos that were linked/posted you scroll down and hit next to get to the next date. Hmm I just dont know what to use or how to do it I own the domain and space. Just need to figure out how to implement what I want. haha

top topics

join