It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is up with Youtube??!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Almost true.
Nothing has to be licensed UNLESS you actually watch a program WHILE its being broadcast. I can have as many TV's in my house as I want and dont need a license...until I watch something while its being broadcast.

I dont have a TV but for years was continually threatened by them to get a license. This led to a lot of research where I discovered nothing needs a license until you actually watch something.

I have a pile of very threatening letters from the bbc (yes its they who own tvlicensing) because I dont have a license, even though I dont/wont have a television.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
a reply to: stormcell

Almost true.
Nothing has to be licensed UNLESS you actually watch a program WHILE its being broadcast. I can have as many TV's in my house as I want and dont need a license...until I watch something while its being broadcast.

I dont have a TV but for years was continually threatened by them to get a license. This led to a lot of research where I discovered nothing needs a license until you actually watch something.

I have a pile of very threatening letters from the bbc (yes its they who own tvlicensing) because I dont have a license, even though I dont/wont have a television.

well according to the bbc you are now breaking the law as your using a device on the old tinternet and you "could" use it to watch "tv as its being shown" what a load of cobblers eh
edit on 26-7-2014 by anonymous1legion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonymous1legion
well according to the bbc you are now breaking the law as your using a device on the old tinternet and you "could" use it to watch "tv as its being shown" what a load of cobblers eh

Thats what the bbc are good at, making us believe what isn't true.
My research (admittedly a few years old now) found that the license refers to "Receiving equipment", my pc is not a receiving device unless I enable it to be.

They'll claim my neighbors cats whiskers are receiving devices if we let them

I have nearly two years of letters from them threatening me with all manner of actions including court if I dont get a license immediately.
Some of those letters would frighten most people into getting a license even if they dont need one! They even try to imply that they've already applied to the courts about my lack of a license LOL.

Just checked, I now have a complete two years of letters from them, they are worthy of a thread of there own. They show a cycle that goes like this.

First few letters gentle reminders.
Next few letters trying hard to make me believe that any appliance needs a license.
Next few letters tell me if I dont get a license a man might visit me and place me under caution. What a load of clap trap that is. They are not policeman, they are an employee, no different than the guy who cleans my windows!
The next few try to be very scary and try to make me believe they are booking me into court LOL
Next I get a few cards pushed through my door by the guy who visits. I was at home on one of his visits, that was an entertaining few minutes.

TV Man.
"bla bla bla I need to verify you dont have a tv"

Me
"How"

TVman
"I'll need to come in and inspect your appliances"

ME
"How will that prove whether I watch television?" That stumped him for a few seconds, he really seemed confused by it.

TVman
"I need to see that you dont own receiving equipment"

ME
"No you dont, you need to prove that I'm receiving television while its being broadcast"

TVman
"OK, can I come in?"

ME
"No"

TVman
Gets out note book and mumbles as he writes "Mr ... is refusing to allow access"

ME
"That notepad is awfully scary looking"

At this point he gave up and said "Look, if you dont have a television then goto our website and register that you dont have one, it'll save all this bother"

ME
"I dont have to register with my local plumber that I dont have any of his services, why should I register with your COMPANY!"

TVman then walked away.

They are so full of bs

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I think a lot of music is gone now because youtube is going to launch there own pay to stream music service

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

edit on 26-7-2014 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

Nopes!!!....please share your thoughts on net neutratity and what not! !

Its my thread and if you have a voice, please share it.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
mp3skull.com

Though you can download music from there, you can also listen to them. Click download and it will take you to a screen where it plays the file for you.

Other than that, google is your friend!

I understand and feel you though u_u. I prefer listening to music on youtube than anywhere else

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: palmalBlue2

'Not available in your country', copyrightBS, etc....Thats alll I get now.

hola.org...

I miss the good 'ol days when the 'net was a free for all

Me too but at least we remember when the net was exiting and a free for all , now it's becoming a sanitised marketing tool or just a way for our Governments to keep tabs on us.

can we get hola in japan

I often get youtube cancels due to international copyrights. Getting worse by the day.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
If you have android try app called tubemate .. can set different country also download

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join