It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Slum Survivors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Has anyone been watching the BBC series Slum Survivors? I'd be interested in what you think of it. I'm not impressed with it.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: taoistguy
Has anyone been watching the BBC series Slum Survivors? I'd be interested in what you think of it. I'm not impressed with it.

Dont have a tv but I'm always interested when the bbc is mentioned. What are they pushing now? that slums are our own fault and we should all work harder - for less!?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

haha. sort of. each episode is about 3 unemployed uk youths who have trained in a skill (cheffing/garage mechanic/plumbing) and they are taken to an african or indian slum where they have to prove their mettle working with their counterparts in the slum.
their counterparts endleesly reiterate that you have to work hard to get to the top. obliviou to the reality of how capitalim actually keeps them at the bottom.

edit on 23-7-2014 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'd like to see a reality show where rich people are given secondhand clothes and forced to live on the streets in Detroit for a week, in cold weather, with only five dollars in chump change and a few basics like a cardboard box, a shopping cart and a piss jug.

They can give bonus awards like a night in a shelter for getting the other contestants robbed, beat up or otherwise punked.

top topics

join