It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any scotch drinkers in the house!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I dont have a specific fave.

glenlivet is spectacular good. Offer me a glass of that, even at 10 in the morning im unlikely to refuse. Delicious flavor, one of the best of the spaysides in my opinion. and not all too expensive.

I wish my girlfreind would let me spend more/drink more - she keeps me in check (sadly)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It has a spectacular nose !!! I very much want to try their older vintages. The palate is very nice as well, how ever the finish is what you would expect from a 15 year old malt. I look forward to your experience!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

So does mine, Thus the slow down. I've spent too much money on malt, not enough on her. So I figure give it a week or two and it should start to balance out and I can get another malt.... LOGIC

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Forty Creek.... Best canadian whisky I have had yet !!!

Wow.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I'll give the glenmorangie Nectar d'or a try

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

First off, let me say that I just discovered this forum and your post was my first visit. I am 60 years old, and have drunk my share of spirits, but more recently (last few years) have been moving towards quality vs quantity.

I am currently exploring the world of finer spirits, Scotch being my most recent exploration. I just bought a "sampler" box of 12, 15 and (I think) 18 year old Glenfidditch. Scotch has not been a favorite spirit before, but I welcome the opportunity to expand my horizons lol

Thanks all for the excellent suggestions! I feel like I am more closely targeting my goals now, not knowing much about Scotch.

I see that my local fave seller (Total Wine & Spirits in Dallas) carries the laphroig... will definitely give it a try.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

We have Total Wine here in New Jersey and their single malt selection is very good. You should be able to find most of the ones we discussed there.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Awesome! Will be visiting it this weekend..maybe friday

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Very smokey, very peaty. If you aren't into it, tread carefully it can be a little extreme.

Glen Fiddich is very sugary, demorara, manuka honey, almost a cinnamon spice. If you like bourbon you will love it, if not you will dislike it and find it a waste of money like me.

Everyone's tastes are different how ever.

I prefer glenlivet over glenfiddich.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: alienscot1

That's my comfort whisky !!! I will be buying a bottle tomorrow as the misses is out of town and I need something to "comfort" me.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Due to the recommendation from this thread, and it being my birthday, today I picked up Laphroaig 18 year scotch today to sample. I also picked up a nice Tequila. Sierra Milenario.

edit on 18-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Rum and whiskey are the only high strength alcohol i can enjoy neat, though i do like a bit of ice in it.

People who drink shots of tequila and vodka i think are insane, its like drinking stuff from under the sink, no character, just raw alcohol nastyness.

Nothing beats a nice whiskey in my book.

Theres been some really good suggestions here, spaysides being the best in my opinion. Thin, single cask, short tumbler with a little ice (but not too much) sip away and enjoy the evening.

Good whiskey is not somthing to get #faced on, sip gently over an hour of polite conversation - oh yes, when i die and hopefully go to heaven, a nice whisky with jesus and ghandi sounds bloody amazing

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I would disagree about the tequila. You have to search them out, but there are nice sipping tequilas out there as well, although I would say fewer and farther between than other spirits.

I must say:

I do not drink alcohol, therefore I cannot be an alcoholic.
I drink spirits...therefore I am spiritual.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I have to agree with bracken. I have some pretty good sipping tequilas that are aged as many, and in some cases, more years than my Scotch.

One of my favorites is the Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia which has a fantastic color and flavor from the aging process.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Tried the Laphroaig last night! The smokiness was shocking first taste. I knew it was coming, but it was not the subtle smokiness I had expected. My first taste was almost a put off, but following sips played better on the tongue.

I find I like the character of this scotch. Complex would be my basic description.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join