It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Israel using white phosphorus again???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Israel has in the past and is using Phosphorous and Flechette bombs.

So, no matter what your taken on the conflict is or who's at fault, how can we condone this? This isn't a pin point strike on a missle launch site.

Indeed. And if been reading that 80% of the dead consist of civilians, 1/3 of those being children.

Grim.

It's one thing strategically taking out military targets if they're a threat, it's another using illegal weapons on civilian areas.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard
And the sad part is nothing will be done to stop it.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
"...in its military operation in Gaza."
What's up with this manipulation?
I hope everyone notices it's one sided direct murder by command by a few assholes.
By a chain of command and mass media influence towards those in command.

The word "war" should never be used. - To not forget what is really going on on this planet. Try to describe things as closely to what they are in detail
to free your mind

And not to forget about other manipulation.. I'M NOT A COUNTRY, I'm a human mainly staying in one of all the conquered areas due to laws.

-----

(And to you deniers: Look up the prehistory. Hitler pushed out Jewish people, put the last ones in giant prisons after 10 years, politician murdered by Zionist group for offering to let Jewish people move from Germany to another country, Hitler disappeared, Israel created immediately, Zionist terrorist leaders became its rulers. Israel was founded on Palestine, literally, that is why their area was shrinked down from 100% to 3% by hunting them away and building walls around them, within the last 70 years. Someone starved down a whole country.)
edit on 21-7-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

(post by dukeofjive696969 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Whoops wrong thread... sorry.
edit on 7/21/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: wrong thread...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
more BS those

Flechette from shotguns and 40mm grenade launcher are 1 inch long.
Flechette's from artillery shells are about 2 inches (2.5cm long).

and Flechette's used for bombs were 4+ inches long. or lazy dog type used by the US.
www.big-ordnance.com...

flechettes are not expressly forbidden under international humanitarian law in all circumstances,.
The IDF is using a modified version of the M494 105mm APERS-T round provided by the USA in the 1970s. According to a US Army manual, the round is “designed for close-in assault against massed infantry assaults and for offensive fire against exposed enemy personnel”.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Not everyone can afford miniguns apparently.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Under some conditions the Geneva Conventions do not apply.

They do not apply to countries defending there country from armed invasion.

They do not apply to non Governmental Terrorist.

Hamas is not a government. they are listed internationally as terrorist.

If the drug cartels started firing rockets into the US and sending in fighters through tunnels under the border,
the US military and police could legally use hollow point bullets,WP, land mines, DU and Flechettes and would not be in violation of the Geneva Conventions in any way.

We don't but we could use hollow point bullets,WP, land mines, DU and Flechettes against the Taliban in Afghanistan.
and we would not be violating the Geneva Conventions.

The Geneva Convention only covers wars between countries. It does not in any way protect terrorist.

If you believe i am wrong show me the wording in the Geneva Conventions.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
How can you guys defend Israel trying to kill civilians and children with these mass casualty weapons?

Ridiculous is the word that comes to mind. The more I read about these conflicts the angrier I get towards Israel. This needs to stop.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
@Anned

More propaganda..more lies...AGAIN...the problem with using propaganda to pop you up is that it can be PROVED LIES simply by accessing a few facts....

1 - Palestine is a state and has been recognized as a state and has a seat at the UN and the ambassador spoke a the UN from his seat only three days ago.

2 : Hamas is a governing body and joined with Fatah only recently to form a UNITY government that Israel was very pissed off about. SO pissed of fin fact it decided to go a murdering again.
See here: Unity party of Hamas and Fatah sworn in: www.theguardian.com...

Peace was on the table..growing and being built....ISRAEL rejected it.

edit on 22-7-2014 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The Israeli Army are using bombs that unleash flechette shells. It may not be chemical warfare such as phosphorous. But it is mechanical arrow heads to hit people. Small scale of what the United States is building in Space with Kinetic Weapons. Think about it.
Jews who claim Israel as their homeland, should remember how the Nazi Germans treated them. Concentration camps anyone? Jewish Ghettos anyone? Did they forget history, and the Jewish just continued the hatred? This so bizarre to me.
So they treat another race, the way they were treated under Nazi Germany. What?!

Kratos

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hey all...

I thought the point of this thread was to find out if Israel is currently using WP on Gaza?

The fact that no one acknowledged my post is kind of puzzling...

Any thoughts anyone?

From what I can tell Israel is not using WP as claimed.

Hopefully it stays that way.

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed
I'm no defender of Israeli war-crimes and know that they have used WP in the past, but could this particular incident be flares?

An Israeli Apache helicopter fires flares above Israel near the border with northern Gaza July 20, 2014.
REUTERS/Baz Ratner

www.reuters.com...=12

I'm not trying to "debunk" the OP but I came across this while looking for definitive proof in regards to WP use in this current conflict.

Military hardware is not my specialty so hopefully someone can help clarify what we're looking at in the OP and if it could be the flares that I just presented.

Whether or not WP is being used the situation is out of control and the massacre needs to stop. I just watched a video of an IDF sniper kill a wounded man. He was helping a group of people on his way to find his family when he got shot, then the video shows him lying there dying only to get shot again...no words to explain how I feel right now.

ETA:

If you compare the image I provided with the pictures in this post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It certainly appears to be flares in my opinion versus WP.

My opinion is not being presented as fact though.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosha
Doctors at Shifa Hospital, have no reports of WP, but have had 'unknown toxic' smoke cases and suspect sulpher.
Israel is however using DIME bombs and using internationally banned flechette shells.

Is there a source that states beehive rounds are internationally banned?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40
The Israeli Army are using bombs that unleash flechette shells. It may not be chemical warfare such as phosphorous. But it is mechanical arrow heads to hit people. Small scale of what the United States is building in Space with Kinetic Weapons. Think about it.
Jews who claim Israel as their homeland, should remember how the Nazi Germans treated them. Concentration camps anyone? Jewish Ghettos anyone? Did they forget history, and the Jewish just continued the hatred? This so bizarre to me.
So they treat another race, the way they were treated under Nazi Germany. What?!

Kratos

Flechette rounds in cannon as antipersonnel rounds have been around for a long time and were an evolution of "grapeshot" being used in cannon in the revolutionary and civil wars. Not that unusual nor any more inhumane than any other shrapnel producing device. I think the objections to it in this case are a bit inflammatory and being used to drum up an emotional response about how "scary " these things are when they are no more nor less humane than other fragmentation types.

The issue is not if the Izzies are using flechettes or WP or whatever--that's just brought up to make an emotional response--but whether they have or have not the right to use weapons to defend themselves and do they have cause for amilitary response.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I'm not sure if your comment was directed towards me but Israel's actions sicken me and I do not support their atrocities, nor do I defend them. There is no doubt in my mind that they massacre the Gazans indiscriminately.

My concern is the validity of the claims in the article in the OP.

I'm not questioning the author of the OP as all they did was post a valid question in the hopes to further investigate, and I commend them for that.

I've done a lot of research in regards to this over the last day and the only mention of WP use I can find are the sources that PRESS TV mention and the pictures from Arab Al-Jazeera which are not definitive (even Al-Jazeera does not vouch for these images). And if you look at the pictures which are reported as being WP a mid-way through the first page it looks like flares, not WP, in my opinion.

I was hoping someone with a bit more knowledge about this type of stuff would be able to clarify whether or not these are flares.

I could never defend Israel and how it massacres the Palestinians.

How about we focus on the question asked in the OP in regards to WP use?

That was the point of this thread - I thought so at least...
edit on 7/22/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I am clarifying the information for those who would be curious about it ,not saying do it again.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow Both sides are violent and bloodthirsty. Both sides are bigoted against each other. Both sides spread lies about each other, so to immediately believe either sides propaganda without proof would be an extremely ignorant thing to do and yet I keep seeing short sighted and moronic people jumping on their soapboxes to cheer on the violence and evil of one side or the other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join