It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Safe Is The UK?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

As a symbolic victory or as a tactic but there is no strategic value in targeting the UK ,materially ,that I would say they want to hit.they are just doing the second cold war KGB style.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wirral Bagpuss
I am watching the news this morning and am remembering the Cold War when the USSR frequently buzzed our airspace and sea defences. They are currently trying it on once more. What is more worrying is that the Russian Bear is flexing it's muscles and of course the world is focusing on the shooting down of MH17.

With this in mind I am thinking of the defence cuts here in the UK. We don't even have an aircraft carrier! I blame this current Government for the totally irresponsible behaviour in this regards. I don't want war, I don't think anyone wants it. I would cheer if Humanity grew up and we had no need for armies and such. Perhaps an International Rescue Organisation for natural disasters, that sort of thing. But until we do grow up, we will need defences.

So, has Phillip Hammond, now our foreign secretary, former defence secretary been incredibly naïve at best, careless and at worse betrayed the UK from a defence point of view, since the cuts were done on his watch?

First post nice forum

defence cuts are out.
UK's Cameron announces 1.1 billion pound defense investment
Monday, 14 Jul, 2014 - 01:05
uk.reuters.com...

it is looking more likely that we will have potentially 3 proxy wars happening at the same time
Ukraine V Russia (most likely to weaken russia and make it spend more on conventional warfare and cuts on nukes )

Israel V Iran (the evidence for that is they are taking hamas off the board at the moment while bizarrely increasing the budget for iron dome
www.airforce-technology.com...
plus have a listen to this little speech
www.youtube.com...

so they must be expecting a lot more missiles at some point and they will not want them coming on 2 fronts

and the last proxy will be China V Japan+possibly Vietnam (no real explanation needed everyone can see the tensions building and Japan has now changed its pacifist constitution.
www.abc.net.au...

no one can predict 100% what a enemy will do but i would say you are fairly safe for the time being of course the odds drop a bit if you live in a big city

as to wars a basic rule of empires is expand or die simple reason been if you do not expand your enemy's will.
so we have always had wars and will continue to have them as long as we follow a chosen few.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: cavtrooper7

That idiot CUSTER didn't listen to his scouts...in the 7th Cav.

And he left his gatlings behind as well (hand cranked multi barrel machine guns)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Wirral Bagpuss

Relax Bagpuss, Ireland has your back! We won't let those nasty Russians hurt you.

Oh wait!
We are kinda relying on you chaps.
We are both screwed.

If WWIII materializes Britain will scramble its quite formidable air force.
Here the scramble will be to the pub!

All joking aside I think that Pennydrops is correct about Britains greatest threat already lurking within her borders.

If the night falls and a bomb falls, will anybody see the dawn? said Prince once.
Many of us older ATS'ers lived under the very real threat of nuclear war for years and hoped that sanity had prevailed.
We may have been wrong.
My username is also my epitaph,
'Humans eh!'

If there is anyone left to carve it let alone read it.

edit on 7/25/14 by HumansEh because: addition

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
From inside...www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

An eco-FedAmerican attack

<< 1  2   >>

join