It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amnesty: U.S. 'War on Terror' Has Made World More Dangerous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Amnesty: 'War on Terror' Made World Worse

(Reuters) - Washington's "war on terror" has made the world more dangerous by curbing human rights, undermining international law and shielding governments from scrutiny, Amnesty International said on Wednesday. Releasing its annual report into global human rights abuses in 2002, the London-based watchdog made one of its fiercest attacks yet on the policies pursued by the United States and Britain in response to the attacks of September 11, 2001. Link....

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   

People around the world are more insecure today than at any time since the end of the Cold War, Irene Khan, Secretary General of Amnesty International said today at the launch of the organization's annual report.

news.amnesty.org...

The link will take you to the actual article in question.

A.A. I do appreciate the fact you presented a link, which has a viable source. At the same time I wish to point out that while the War on Terror by its very definition would have resulted in destabilization. It has put into focus the very real problems that do exist.

The report suggests as you have pointed out that the world is more dangerous because of the war on terror.

In my opinion that is incorrect what the war of terror has done is make obvious the abuse that prior to its initiation was kept secret.

What I feel is important to understand is that up until what happened in Iraq no one was willing to report that so many in that country were missing. All that existed before then was a blame game. In which every part of the organization which was supposed to make sure that dead in the 100,000s would never happen again, kept there mouths shut and there eyes closed.

I feel the system as it is does not work but to be honest, the very people who are crying peace do
not give a dam about what is clear.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Amnesty International is just barking at walls.

Do they really think that they can say anything that they haven't already said that will enlighten the world to the real injustices that are so often over looked, ignored and denied.

Those figures made me want to laugh. Only in my own sinister and dark humourous ways. I think that at least 33 Palestinians have disappeared. Not to mention 33 Russians, and 66 Chenchans. Not to mention 44 christians from Sudan, and 88 Muslims from Uganda.

Any of the above stated numbers are mere speculations. They can't be considered very serious.

People are neglected in so many ways at so many different times in so many different places. I think that they need to get real. They, Amnesty International need to be more realistic and find better ways to use there resources other than just reporting under worked intel operations into human rights abuses.

I think I could pull in better numbers than that by myself at my computer. What is going on???

Use sense.

Find someone who cares, cause so far no one listens to these Amnesty people.

They should, but they don't.

Why???

Cause they don't care.

Why don't they care???

Beats me.

Abraham

[Edited on 29-5-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue
I think I could pull in better numbers than that by myself at my computer. What is going on???

Use sense.

Find someone who cares, cause so far no one listens to these Amnesty people.

They should, but they don't.

Why???

Cause they don't care.

Why don't they care???

Beats me.

Abraham

[Edited on 29-5-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

Well your right about that Amnesty International has been telling the U.S that Iraqi was a problem for about 12 years now. So why did we wait to attack?

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
One very important fact to keep into consideration is that the Russian Republic was known about 14 years ago as the Soviet Union.

Attacking a country like Iraq in 1992 had the potential for affecting what today is the Russian Republic.

Perhaps even creating conditions/senarios which would have resulted in a full scale nuclear war.

Gambling can be fun as long as you do not have a gun pointed to your head which will go off if you loose.

If it were just me I would take my chances, but taking
into consideration an entire planet that is another story.

top topics

join